Shazam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Currently sitting at 97% with 32 reviews in on Rotten Tomatoes.

Critic consensus:
      An effortlessly entertaining blend of humor and heart, Shazam! is a superhero movie that never forgets the genre's real power: joyous wish fulfillment.
      79 on Metacritic, which is really high for a comic book movie.

Comment

Yo.

MRW, becuz I had no paid no mind to any of the developments which got generated about this movie, I only *just now* learned that CMs foe is Dr. Sivana....played by Mark Strong:

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
          ...MRW...
          You keep making me look up this internet slang. I'm too old for all these acronyms.

Comment

Shazam is certified fresh and is currently at 92% on rottentomatoes.

Comment

I watch the movie a couple of weeks ago that was part of the Fandango membership, I thought the film was good, not great. It just ran a bit too long.

There are two credit scenes. One after the initial credits and one at the very end.

If you seen the trailers and other promo footage, you know this film is a mashup of "Big" and "The Greatest American Hero." Additionally, it's very much like Geoff Johns' New52 version of the character, but they did right by Billy in the film.
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                . . . There are two credit scenes. One after the initial credits and one at the very end. . .
                Thanks for that info. I've left after mid-credits scenes before on the assumption that's the end only to find out about another post-credits scene later. I miss the days when you felt comfortable to leave during the credits. For that matter, I miss when credits were like 2 minutes, not 12.

Comment

I won't be able to see Shazam until this weekend sadly. I am very much looking forward to it though!

Comment

yeah that may be true but i won't be seeing it................... i don't like or care for Shazam

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      Thanks for that info. I've left after mid-credits scenes before on the assumption that's the end only to find out about another post-credits scene later. I miss the days when you felt comfortable to leave during the credits. For that matter, I miss when credits were like 2 minutes, not 12.
                      LOL. Yeah, I was watching the original Halloween movie and the credits were under 2 minutes. I don't think you missed much on the second end credits scene as it felt like a deleted scene that was tacked on as another post credit scene.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                      I won't be able to see Shazam until this weekend sadly. I am very much looking forward to it though!
                      If you're seeing it on IMAX and you'll be treated to five minutes of the upcoming "Godzilla: King of Monsters."
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

The Wrap: ‘Shazam!’ Writer Henry Gayden Will Return to Write Sequel
                        “Shazam!” screenplay writer Henry Gayden has been tapped to write the DC superhero movie’s sequel for DC and New Line, an individual with knowledge of the situation told TheWrap. The filmmaking team of David F. Sandberg and Peter Safran are also expected to return.

Comment

Working...
                        X