The Star Wars Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
    Aw, c'mon, Jeffy, don't tell me you can't handle a bit of... Han Trolo.

Han Trolo? You've got to be.....sithing me.

Comment

• It's being said J.J. Abrams wants to release Star Wars: The Force Awakens this Summer.

The reason?

Spoilers.

Abrams is known for trying to keep his movies as secret as possible (he erected barriers on the set of Star Trek Into Darkness), but it seems loads of information have been still leaking.

Now it's reported that while attending the Visual Effects Society Awards, J.J. Abrams stated Star Wars could get released in the Summer instead of in December as all the spoilers are hurting audience anticipation.

The report is presently unconfirmed and Abrams exact words are unknown, but we'll update when more info is made known.

If Disney does decide to move Star Wars to the Summer, they will have Avengers 2, Tomorrowland, Jurassic World, Terminator, Ant-Man and Mission Impossible to contend with (with three being their own movies: Avengers, Tland and Ant-Man).

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" has a December 18, 2015 release directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong'o and Gwendoline Christie will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...eleased-summer
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• They won't change the date. JJ making comments because of frustration won't amount to changing of the date. They have to book theater time well in advance. And they will own Christmas because everybody is getting out of the way. Why compete with all the summer blockbusters if you don't have to? This is just talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
          They won't change the date. JJ making comments because of frustration won't amount to changing of the date. They have to book theater time well in advance. And they will own Christmas because everybody is getting out of the way. Why compete with all the summer blockbusters if you don't have to? This is just talk.
          im just reporting what is floating around my friend

Comment

• I wouldn't mind if they released it over the summer. Given the competition Tazz listed in the article, the only real contenders are Jurassic World and Avengers. The other movies don't have nearly the amount of anticipation that SW has.

Comment

• I would have loved a May release to uphold tradition, but I've since made peace with them not doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                I wouldn't mind if they released it over the summer. Given the competition Tazz listed in the article, the only real contenders are Jurassic World and Avengers. The other movies don't have nearly the amount of anticipation that SW has.
                well if star wars does come out in the summer thatll make disney even more bank since avengers will kick the summer season off may 1.

i have hope antman will do well but i think avengers and star wars would smoke it at the box office

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                  well if star wars does come out in the summer thatll make disney even more bank since avengers will kick the summer season off may 1.

i have hope antman will do well but i think avengers and star wars would smoke it at the box office
                  Oh yeah. Ant Man *might* do as well as GOTG , but that's a long shot in itself. But I think you are right; anyway you slice it, It's gonna be Disney FTW.

Comment

• I thought that I would take this here instead of hijacking the movie thread.
                    Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

I never understood why Anakin's eyes turned reddish-yellow for this scene and changed back afterwards. Are we supposed to figure that it represents his transformation to the dark side? Sidious and Maul have these yellowish Sithy eyes, yet Dooku doesn't. Hmm...

Comment

• Take it as an anger thing. Dooku was a chill dude.

Comment

• So, does that mean Maul and Sidious (in Sith mode) are perpetually angry?.. and Anakin was pretty pissed when he was battling Kenobi, yet his eyes weren't yellow then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                          I thought that I would take this here instead of hijacking the movie thread.

I never understood why Anakin's eyes turned reddish-yellow for this scene and changed back afterwards. Are we supposed to figure that it represents his transformation to the dark side? Sidious and Maul have these yellowish Sithy eyes, yet Dooku doesn't. Hmm...
                          To answer your question, yes, the eyes do represent the sith. But, it was so inconsistent with Anakin. Maybe the good part of him that Padme spoke of on her deathbed was fighting it. With Dooku, there was one battle in the Clone Wars series that his eyes did turn sith yellow and red, but I forget which battle it was, and also I am assuming that everything in the clone wars is canon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                            To answer your question, yes, the eyes do represent the sith. But, it was so inconsistent with Anakin. Maybe the good part of him that Padme spoke of on her deathbed was fighting it. With Dooku, there was one battle in the Clone Wars series that his eyes did turn sith yellow and red, but I forget which battle it was, and also I am assuming that everything in the clone wars is canon.
                            Ah, but shouldn't his eyes have been yellow on Mustafar when he was dueling Kenobi? He was full of rage, yet his eyes were normal. You're right. It is horribly inconsistent.

Comment

• Vader #1 was SOOOOOO GOOOOOD

I really liked the ending, it was a nice throwback to Episode II.

Comment

• STAR WARS TOY LINE LETS FANS BUILD THEIR OWN CROSSGUARD LIGHTSABER

story in the link

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...ard-lightsaber

Comment

Working...
                                X