HBO Max's Green Lantern starring Guy, Jessica, Simon and Alan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. And I actually enjoyed Savitar and even season 4 with the Thinker. Flash has been dead to me since then, sadly. Arrow had a terrible last couple of seasons, too. Legends is hit or miss. I made it about 5 episodes into Supergirl before I had to tap out. Never watched Batwoman.
    Only a matter of time before a new corps is called the butthole bandits to take on the homophobes of the dc universe. Who knows maybe they find some way to say the emotional spectrum of all corps is tied to being lgbtq somehow. Fucking ay.
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by TazzMission; 11-24-2020, 08:47 AM.
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
      That's where we're different, because unless it's a trait that is essential to the character, I accept that characters (especially in an ongoing multiverse) will change in certain ways. Nick Fury was initially white in the comics. Now most of the world's concept of who he is centers around the MCU version, but the race change didn't change anything vital about the character.
      If I heard that the Arrowverse was going to feature an older Kyle who was divorced and no longer interested in dating, I wouldn't just throw up my hands. There are still ways to make Kyle the character that he's meant to be, even under those circumstances. That's true for most characters.
      Dude you have like 10 other people not including me who disagree with you. Im not alone in this. So either 11 of us are wrong or your living in a fantasy land. This isnt about a character being older . And again the multiverse is a lazy excuse for writers. How would you feel if whoever author of a book series decided one universe isnt enough the Harry potter world needs to be a multiverse or take a book series like hunger games. To me its a way of saying nothing in the tank for new creativity. 6 years ago they remade annie but tokenism took part . Granted annie isnt my thing but annie was written to be a white girl. People called me racist because how i spoke out against it. Put anytime people talk about casting a white person in a role like gods of Egypt people said the cast is a white wash. People need to honestly quit living in fear and grow a pair because towing a its ok line is very bad when it comes to race swapping white characters

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        Dude you have like 10 other people not including me who disagree with you. Im not alone in this. So either 11 of us are wrong or your living in a fantasy land. This isnt about a character being older . And again the multiverse is a lazy excuse for writers. How would you feel if whoever author of a book series decided one universe isnt enough the Harry potter world needs to be a multiverse or take a book series like hunger games. To me its a way of saying nothing in the tank for new creativity. 6 years ago they remade annie but tokenism took part . Granted annie isnt my thing but annie was written to be a white girl. People called me racist because how i spoke out against it. Put anytime people talk about casting a white person in a role like gods of Egypt people said the cast is a white wash. People need to honestly quit living in fear and grow a pair because towing a its ok line is very bad when it comes to race swapping white characters

I love multiverse concepts, and I'm intrigued by DC's new omniverse. As for race-swapping, I'm sorry if that is a stumbling block for some fans. I wish it weren't, but it is what it is. My favorite DC character underwent a "race change" (or "race revelation", I suppose) and it didn't change the character for me. That might be due in part to my understanding that the concept of race is ultimately rooted in pseudoscience, so I attach very little significance to it.

Back on the subject at hand (since race-changing isn't really applicable to the HBO Max show), I still feel that the GL80 story with Alan Scott might have dropped a hint at what version of Alan that we're going to see. He looked like the Golden Age Alan, but he was gay. Some of the GL show descriptions lead me to believe that a story with that type of fused-version character is what we'll see.
        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I love multiverse concepts, and I'm intrigued by DC's new omniverse. . .
          That’s a whole other issue that contributes to me not digging modern TV shows and a lot of the movies. I’m so tired of multiverses and shared universes (yeah, even the MCU stuff I can mostly watch once and forget). I’m burnt out on it and by extension don’t really get excited for any comic adaptations anymore.

I like 60s/70s TV shows where you could tune in any given week and it doesn’t matter what order you watch the episode because the story finishes and you move on. No lying groundwork for some big, earth-shattering season finale; no crossovers, just simple one-and-done stories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            That’s a whole other issue that contributes to me not digging modern TV shows and a lot of the movies. I’m so tired of multiverses and shared universes (yeah, even the MCU stuff I can mostly watch once and forget). I’m burnt out on it and by extension don’t really get excited for any comic adaptations anymore.

Same! You have no idea how much i agree that time travel is beating a dead horse. I feel the same about clones being used all the time in sci-fi

Comment

That's where we're different, because unless it's a trait that is essential to the character, I accept that characters (especially in an ongoing multiverse) will change in certain ways. Nick Fury was initially white in the comics. Now most of the world's concept of who he is centers around the MCU version, but the race change didn't change anything vital about the character.
              If I heard that the Arrowverse was going to feature an older Kyle who was divorced and no longer interested in dating, I wouldn't just throw up my hands. There are still ways to make Kyle the character that he's meant to be, even under those circumstances. That's true for most characters.
              The race change alone didn't change anything vital about Nick Fury, but he most certainly wasn't a Howling Commando back during WWII, he didn't lose his eye in battle, nor was he given the Infinity Serum to slow his aging. Not to mention he was in SHIELD at it's earliest stages. No, we got desk jockey Fury who lost his eye to Carol Danvers' f***ing cat that was brought into SHIELD proper BECAUSE of interacting with Carol. Ultimate Comics Fury was still Nick Fury, MCU Fury is just trash after the bullshit that was Captain Marvel.

An older divorced Kyle might be something new and done well enough, however it's not the same as changing his sexuality to non-binary or making him Cuban instead of half Mexican and letting us know about it with every appearance. Every time he's advertised as a 'popular Hispanic hero' it makes me cringe, not because I'm not okay with the retcon but because at the height of his popularity he was of Irish decent and the retcon didn't come until much later. He's done alright since then, but it has less to do with him now being part Hispanic and more to due with the fact he had a solid fanbase BEFORE the changes were ever introduced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
                The race change alone didn't change anything vital about Nick Fury, but he most certainly wasn't a Howling Commando back during WWII, he didn't lose his eye in battle, nor was he given the Infinity Serum to slow his aging. Not to mention he was in SHIELD at it's earliest stages. No, we got desk jockey Fury who lost his eye to Carol Danvers' f***ing cat that was brought into SHIELD proper BECAUSE of interacting with Carol. Ultimate Comics Fury was still Nick Fury, MCU Fury is just trash after the bullshit that was Captain Marvel.
                I don't want to get too far off topic, but I thought Captain Marvel was a solid overall effort. It's not top 5 in the MCU, but it did a lot of things well. However, one of those things was not the adaptation of the Kree-Skrull war. There isn't supposed to be a sympathetic side in that conflict. That didn't sit well with me.
                Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Rumored character descriptions:

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2020/...urface-online/

Comment

Let me guess there going to somehow pull a Ellen page becoming Elliot stunt with one of these characters because its some bullshit way of saying its revolutionary or inspirational. at this rate why not make kyle a necrophiliac and guy can be a zoophile who loves having sex with animals since it happens in the real world and your all about equality big blue lantern.
                    TazzMission
                    Guardian of the Universe
                    Last edited by TazzMission; 12-03-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                      Let me guess there going to somehow pull a Ellen page becoming Elliot stunt with one of these characters because its some bullshit way of saying its revolutionary or inspirational. at this rate why not make kyle a necrophiliac and guy can be a zoophile who loves having sex with animals since it happens in the real world and your all about equality big blue lantern.
                      So, you just took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. The link is for 3 short, basic character descriptions. The fact that you then ended up on necrophilia makes me wonder if you have some unresolved issues.

Comment

So, you just took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. The link is for 3 short, basic character descriptions. The fact that you then ended up on necrophilia makes me wonder if you have some unresolved issues.
                        Oh you have no idea i have a lot of issues. I will say i like my women breathing and alive so im not into the whole silent type and dead like some weirdos in the world who you feel should be acknowleged because it exists in the world. You argued a few pages back just because the real world acknowledges things it has to be in everything. As a man whos been male for 35 years i find it insulting a person like Ellen page demands to be acknowledged as male and as Elliot. Shes still biologically a female. If people can choose there gender i as a white male should be able to change my race from white to whatever than without being labelled a racist. You cant say one thing is ok and must be accepted wile the other Isn't acceptable. Anytime a white person listens to rap or uses black slang there labelled wannabe black but transgenderisim is brave and heroic and schools must teach transgenderism and we need to change pronouns so people dont get offended. Give me a fucking break. Wile we are at it society thinks people covered head to toe with tattoos are freaks thugs cant hold a job and are discriminated against to where jobs dont hire them wheres protection for them? I have 4 tattoos so should i be just cast asside because people are still uptight in soon to be 2021 about tattoos? Discrimination is discrimination right? My grocery store passed on me just for my tattoos even when i agreed to cover them . If i said i was transgender gay bi whatever id be hired on the spot to avoid legal issues. My argument is where does society draw the line on what is or shouldnt be acceptable? Quit trying to look at this from a therapist point of view get back to the real world.
                        TazzMission
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by TazzMission; 12-03-2020, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• To be fair, I don't think I've ever met a human being who doesn't have unresolved issues. I assume such a person would have to be perfect.

Comment

To be fair, I don't think I've ever met a human being who doesn't have unresolved issues. I assume such a person would have to be perfect.
                            To wich nobody is perfect. Everyone has demons and faults. If this world was perfect where everyone got along or was 100 percent real and honest with eachother it be boring. Despite my all over the place rants im 100 percent honest. If someone asks me how i feel on things im going to be honest. I also think if people are asked they shouldnt be crucified or punished or forced to agree . I tell people dont ask me where i stand on things knowing you wont like what you hear. I had to block a family member on Facebook for being to noisy and basically telling me to just shut it and accept what is hip in society despite me being called a Nazi racist homophobe. I dont live life like that where people say you just have to accept it
                            TazzMission
                            Guardian of the Universe
                            Last edited by TazzMission; 12-03-2020, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Well, that's heaven/paradise, but it's not on this earth.

Comment

Well, that's heaven/paradise, but it's not on this earth.
                                Not to go way off topic but i feel this life we are in right now is hell. Because theres pain misery death destruction everyday. When anyone dies they have nothing to be sad angry upset or worry about in terms of non curable illnesses anymore. I also think we create our own hell based on how we make choices in life. If you Do hard drugs you become a addict you drink everyday from 10am till whenever your a drunk and are the problem. I really do think life is what you make it

Comment

Working...
                                X