No announcement yet.

Red Lanterns #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did we learn nothing from Star Wars people? Earth isn't the only place in the universe that has bars, music, or yes even movie stars

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Not a bad issue. Had a lot of recap, but offered a little something new.

Loved the art.

Review:
      http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/con...red-lanterns-1
      - Twitter

- Cosmic Book News

Comment

Originally posted by stingerman View Post
        Not a bad issue. Had a lot of recap, but offered a little something new.

Loved the art.

Review:
        http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/con...red-lanterns-1
        Good review!

Comment

why does Atrocitus look funny? Is it the new design for him? If it is i dont like it one bit

Comment

The art was pretty good
            Atro is becoming the Punisher of the DCU
            good story was hoping for a little more
            enjoyed it
            Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

Originally posted by DarthZairr View Post
              why does Atrocitus look funny? Is it the new design for him? If it is i dont like it one bit
              Well too bad.

Comment

Emo Atrocitus is epic bad.

Why not just have him staring in a mirror putting on eyeliner as he mournfully lipsyncs The Cure?

Fail.

Comment

Call me crazy but all I could think about when looking at Bleez trying to talk was: imagine what the bitch is like on rag!

All joking aside, again, like GL#1, this issue was surprisingly good..but I do hope they expand upon the rest of the Corps...I got problem with Bleeze and Dex being the "lieutentants of sorts", but I wanna see more about them...especially the round one!

Comment

loved the issue. Great art. pretty good story so far

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by TheHorseman View Post
                      Call me crazy but all I could think about when looking at Bleez trying to talk was: "Sounds like bitches when they're on the rag"*.
                      Fixed*

This issue was basically what I expected, nothing surprising, nothing horrible either.

While lots of people will probably thing "Atty, what happened to you, you used to be so full of Rage now you're...not." This issue did a good job of explaining why. His Rage was fueled by what happened to him, his family, his people, and his Sector as a result of Krona - basically he was fueled by Revenge. Now that he can't exact his revenge, his Rage weakens. It makes sense. Plus, Rage is probably one of, if not the, hardest emotions to keep going over a long period of time - much harder to remain in a state of permanent anger than it is Greed or Fear. Think about when you've been mad, how long did it last? Did it go away eventually? Really, no biological organism can survive being totally enraged for that long, it will eventually burn you out.

The only major downside was Attys vision of all the suffering going on in the Universe - too much of it focused on Earth based events/things, when I'm sure there is much, much worse out there. Hell, Darkseid should be front and center considering what happens on Apokalypse.

Anyway, I was pleased, I'll keep reading this book for a while yet I think.
                      Maverick_GL
                      Last edited by Maverick_GL; 09-15-2011, 12:22 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Wow.

Fucking wow.

Enjoy reading Red Lanterns : Tales of an angry teenage girl named Atrocitus

I actually laughed out loud and blurted "the hell!!!"

Seriously.

Seriously.

You guys.

Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
                          Wow.

Fucking wow.

Enjoy reading Red Lanterns : Tales of an angry teenage girl named Atrocitus

I actually laughed out loud and blurted "the hell!!!"

Seriously.

Seriously.

You guys.

Seriously.
                          +1.

Comment

Atrocitus wanted to be a psychologist? Thatīs.. so random. Yeah, itīs a good thing for my inner fears that I have a 2 meter tall alien with sharp teeth as my psychologist.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Pax View Post
                              Atrocitus wanted to be a psychologist? Thatīs.. so random. Yeah, itīs a good thing for my inner fears that I have a 2 meter tall alien with sharp teeth as my psychologist.
                              RANDOM?!

It's about the sissiest fucking most pathetically obvious....

pbbbfftttt..... fckkcnig..... ...
                              BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!H !!!!!!!

Comment

You ok Doc?

Comment

Working...
                                X