Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool beans.

Comment

I should note that there is a slight chance that I may cancel last minute as money not be where I want it to be for this trip but I will keep you all posted.
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Don't be a fucker, you Debbie Downer.

Comment

Hard to go to con with no money. I had an unexpected wisdom tooth removal that cost me 200 dollars. Not to mention SDCC was just last week.
          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

You asshole. I can't count on you for NOTHIN'.

Comment

Well hey, I can go if you want to be Sugar Daddy Dave

Comment

I'll be your Huckleberry.

Comment

We're hitting the road a little after 8am tomorrow. Any of you fuckers still going? Or did you bail on me like A-Train?

Comment

Ugh, 8 am? Dude, that's commitment.
                    I'm hoping to make it there sometime this afternoon, there's a panel I'd like to see that's at 2. But if I miss it, I'll just go tomorrow for the walking around.

Comment

We're still in line. There are frigging thousands of people here!

Comment

That is both awesome! And rather dismaying, as I've yet to get a ticket.

Comment

We got in faster buying our tickets at the door in cash than the people who bought theirs online. It doesn't seem fair but I can't complain. We're in line right now to meet Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez. They do Locke and Key.

Comment

Just got home. It was a blast, after dealing with getting in. We hit all of the booths and checked everything out. There was my son and myself, and two friends of mine. I spent some time checking out original art dealers' tables but didn't see anything I had to have.

The cosplay was a lot of fun to check out and we got a lot of pictures. I'll post a few later.

I got to meet most of the creators I wanted to meet and get books signed from. Howard Chaykin was pretty much exactly the way I heard he was going to be, but he was a riot. I met the artist from Morning Glories and had one of my trades signed. Hill and Rodriguez from Locke & Key signed a couple of books for me. I met Cully Hamner and had him sign my GL Mosaic #1. Brian Stelfreeze was there and seemed really nice but there was this one asshole who was intent on waxing poetic with the guy so I gave up on having him sign that same Mosaic issue.

The three I wanted to meet but didn't were Neal Adams, George Perez and Scott Snyder. You had to get a ticket to wait in line to meet them and Perez' tickets were gone by the time we got in the damn door. At one point he only had about 6 people in line so I tried to get at the end of that line but was told they were only letting people up who had a ticket.

Neal Adams I never even saw at his table all day. He had a panel that was over by the time we got in. I saw a sign on his table that a pic with him was 20 bucks and went on my way meeting other people. Never saw him any time I passed his table anyway.

I brought a Swamp Thing #1 for Snyder to sign and found a ridiculously long line of people waiting to meet him. Totally forgot he's famous now for doing Superman and Batman titles. I didn't need to meet him that badly anyway; it wasn't like it was Len Wein or Alan Moore.

I got my son a Deadpool figure from Marvel's version of DCD figure line. Got him a middle of the road lightsaber that's like the kid's version of the force effects sabers, so he's all happy now.

The only thing I ended up buying for myself was the Kenner 15" Chewbacca figure that was loose but complete. I has one for my 4th or 5th birthday and wanted it for nostalgic reasons. Paid 30 bucks for that.

All in all, a really fun day. Too bad you hosebags didn't show up!

Comment

I was there! I just didn't get in until after 5 because apparently they don't do credit purchases at registration, which...what the hell, people?

So I had to wait in line twice for the damn Sovereign ATM.

I did get to meet Yale Stewart of JL8 fame, and RamPaige of Busty Girl Comics, so...my day was made.

I'm heading back tomorrow with some friends in costumes.

Comment

Glad to hear the Boston ComicCon went well.

I would love to see some pics of the event.
                                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Working...
                                X