Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
    I'd say that the Ethan art alone is a great reason. I had mixed feelings about the Lost Army story when I first bought them as a lot. Upon second reading I really, really liked it, especially the character study on John...I wanted more.

No, I can't count the Lost Army story as being Blackest Night, Sinestro Corps war, or the Tomasi/Pasarin Corps run...but in my eyes not too much is.
    The only one of those I enjoyed was Sinestro Corps War. I thought Blackest Night was terrible. Johns' run really went downhill fast after he introduced the Light Bright Brigade.

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
      The only one of those I enjoyed was Sinestro Corps War. I thought Blackest Night was terrible. Johns' run really went downhill fast after he introduced the Light Bright Brigade.
      Interesting, I thought Blackest Night was pretty sensational, that and the Animated series really got me into GL in general (I read the Sinestro Corps after, great story imo). You're making me think about what I like so much about it.

Comment

Interesting, I thought Blackest Night was pretty sensational, that and the Animated series really got me into GL in general (I read the Sinestro Corps after, great story imo). You're making me think about what I like so much about it.
        Most of us here liked (or at least didn't hate) Blackest Night. Myuserid is one of the notable exceptions. We're a pretty mixed lot, though. No particular issue or arc is completely loved or hated by all. That makes the discussion more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Most of us here liked (or at least didn't hate) Blackest Night. Myuserid is one of the notable exceptions. We're a pretty mixed lot, though. No particular issue or arc is completely loved or hated by all. That makes the discussion more fun.
          Sure! That's what makes EVERYTHING more interesting, right? I don't want to play up Blackest Night too much, though I love that run a lot I still want to make sure and read the classics too before going overboard on just one story (well, I also am a HUGE fan of Sinestro Corps war and the Tomasi/Pasarin GLC run).

Comment

Sinestro Corps War was my favorite post-Rebirth event.

Comment

Interesting, I thought Blackest Night was pretty sensational
              Yea, you'll definitely be in the minority here.

Anyways this was a pretty average by the numbers kind of story, I don't have a strong opinion on it one way or another.

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Comment

5*, the art alone was the only reason i got this, hope they keep it this way

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                  5*, the art alone was the only reason i got this, hope they keep it this way
                  Big fan of Sciver. Even cooler, both he and the EoO writer actually showed up and have been posting on CBR!

Comment

Big fan of Sciver. Even cooler, both he and the EoO writer actually showed up and have been posting on CBR!
                    I got a chance to meet EVS when he did a store signing at my comic shop (before I left the biz), around the time of the Sinestro Corps War. Ethan is a very cool human, it was a very fun day and I bought a page of his original GL art and got a couple quick sketches (one of Thor one of Hal).

Nice to see him back on a GL project.

Although, I agree the disconnect from Lost Army to Edge is a bizarre choice by editors, who couldn't even bother to do a 'flashback' to clean up the transition or simply explain the change of scenery between the two mini-series.

-Don
                    “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Lundonj View Post
                      I got a chance to meet EVS when he did a store signing at my comic shop (before I left the biz), around the time of the Sinestro Corps War. Ethan is a very cool human, it was a very fun day and I bought a page of his original GL art and got a couple quick sketches (one of Thor one of Hal).

Nice to see him back on a GL project.

Although, I agree the disconnect from Lost Army to Edge is a bizarre choice by editors, who couldn't even bother to do a 'flashback' to clean up the transition or simply explain the change of scenery between the two mini-series.

-Don
                      Ethan is seriously cool! Keeps up with his Facebook account, really nice guy. I'm trying to get him to do a commission job for my lady's project. She's finishing up a graphic novel with Vince Locke, and just started work on a sequel. Would love to have Ethan on board.

I felt Lost Army showed a lot of promise, promise that I just assumed would carry over into EoO. I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, but I've already heard that the John emphasis...well, that disappeared. That's a big cheat to fans imo.

Comment

Just read it a few minutes ago. It was a passable story with fantastic artwork. Nice to see Guy finally look the way he should look again.

Comment

Ethan is seriously cool! Keeps up with his Facebook account, really nice guy. I'm trying to get him to do a commission job for my lady's project. She's finishing up a graphic novel with Vince Locke, and just started work on a sequel. Would love to have Ethan on board...
                          EVS has an honored guest account here. He used to pop in sporadically, but now it's been a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                            Just read it a few minutes ago. It was a passable story with fantastic artwork. Nice to see Guy finally look the way he should look again.
                            Definitely a highlight to see Guy...being Guy and looking like his old self.
                            “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

I'm still waiting for TFAW to deliver my first issue!!! Can't wait.

Comment

I fear for Krona and Relic, only time will tell if they were swept under a rug or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X