Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Not as impressive, but I got a little bit more of the hang of Ducktales and beat at least the first two lands (Amazon and Transylvania).

Comment

• Barely managed to complete Bergusia Forge again, earning myself two weapons: Dead Man Walking pistol (scrapped in an attempt to get its shader, failed, roll was mediocre anyway) and a pretty solid Blast Furnace, which I was deeply looking forward to owning. Seriously, the timer was down to the last few seconds when we killed that stupid Spider Tank boss.

I literally spent probably two hours repeatedly doing the beginning of Tree of Probabilities to get Hive samples from the Infinite Forest, but of course RNG decided to have a full day with me and I haven't been able to get them to appear. Maybe I'll try Garden World over the course of the week.

Need to do Trials tomorrow, cannot skip it. Three win reward is the Summoner auto rifle and completing one of the bounties will give the three-win reward. Also need to do three nightfalls for Truth's quest and four Reckoning runs again, especially the latter before I have to do the bounty again next week. I probably won't have time to do Petra's weekly bounties so that'll be another chore for later. Almost have Chaperone, just two more kills.

In non-Destiny news, I'm almost done with the commendations I want for Division 2, namely completing some of the more tedious missions on hard numerous times. And naturally each time I play I hate the more absurd changes Massive made to the game, including all but destroying build diversity by removing talents from everything except the chest and backpack pieces. God, at this rate I'll never purchase Warlords of New York because I just keep insisting to myself not to buy it until the discount is even greater.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Well, shit happened.

I put up a Trials of Osiris post, nobody replied except one dude. Twenty minutes later he still hadn't accepted my chat invite. I don't know why the fuck he even bothered unless his power went out right after he contacted me or something. I'll try again to complete the one bounty and then hold it until Summoner is the reward again, which could take goddamn forever.

Earned Chaperone just a short bit ago, and also unlocked Bad Juju. I have no idea what it'll take for me to complete the mission without dying because it doesn't look like the gun replenishes health like in Destiny 1. Going to focus on completing daily Calus bounties to get as much of a discount on tributes as possible, especially since the emblem for the 80% discount is cool and all. Also carrying about my Calus rocket launcher to progress getting tributes/triumphs, going to stack on other raid weapons at times to increase gains.

Randomly received a "rare" Black Armory bounty so I'm going to have to grind that out over the next two weeks. Still need to do the other three forges.

Those Hive meta-samples? I did Panoptes Heroic twice as the daily heroic mission (which I utterly forgot existed, or that multiple missions are offered each day) and got it complete, so that's another Invitation of the Nine done. I'm going to grind heroic story missions as much as possible when I have time this weekend since I'll be on vacation for a few days before returning to work.

Nearly done getting the Notorious Hustle triumph and resetting my Infamy rank again, which I believe will get me 21% Delirium machine gun. Still have to get Thorn and progress Malfeasance's quest. And Outbreak Perfected. And Whisper of the Worm.

Took a look at my bank account and as much as I want it, I have to again pass on Mortal Kombat 11 and its content. Even spending less than $50 for a lot of great material, I just can't do that when I still have to clear out my comic store box and will need to make sure I have enough funds for a new laptop and car/payments. The game isn't going anywhere and will be discounted again soon since the holidays are approaching.

Comment

• Hold on to that Rare Black Armory Bounty until you reach the step in the Izanagi's Burden quest that asks for you to complete one, unless you've already done that.

Anyway, I Kurosawa mode in Ghost of Tsushima earlier this week, so I spent the last two days grinding out Iron Banner in Deatiny on my Hunter. Might do it for my Warlock tomorrow and/or Sunday. Not really needing it, and will just be sitting on the tokens until next season, though, as I don't need anything Saladin has right now. Some of the people in my clan want to retread the soon to be vaulted raids now that the triumphs are offered for the , so we might do that tomorrow, too.
          Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• Too late, but I got another set of BA Hunter boots, so I broke down my old pair and got the New Age BA shader.

Comment

• So a bunch of things happened.

1) Since I was close and needed to get my weekly runs in, I managed to finish off the Notorious Hustle triumph. I did it on my Warlock and didn't receive the 21% Delirium machine gun so I switched to my Hunter and got the notice to see Drifter who then gave it to me, and then I remembered my Hunter had the quest but not my Warlock. Thing is fun to use, better than most Gambit weapons, and it has some very nice shader options.

2) A close friend was doing some quick missions while on lunch break so I asked him to help me get Thorn. First attempt at getting a third on LFG didn't work, we try again and a total bro helps us out, we get it first try, thank heavens.

3) I'm farming rice cakes on the Moon (go ahead and laugh!) and a clanmate invites me to help him. I figure why not and get a surprise attempt at Prophecy dungeon. He watched a video but apparently it wasn't good enough because we get our heads handed to us. I then log off for a while.

4) Proceed to use Thorn in Crucible since I need plenty of kills with it. Only manage 10 and my attempts at using Truthteller fail utterly because I suck ass with grenade launchers that aren't Witherhoard (plan to run double GLs to try and make the grind for the catalyst go faster).

5) My close friend logs back on to help me after dinner and we start working on nightfalls to get Truth progressed so I can enjoy my favorite Destiny 1 rocket launcher. Clanmate joins us and in the process I gradually realize my microphone is no longer functioning. I can still hear my friends but they can't hear me at all. I switch to my old headset (thank fuck I didn't junk it) and things improve. We fall just short of the 100k score but whatever, I got three new emblems from Inverted Spire. Astro is sold out of the cable but I'll grab it off eBay.

6) We burn through Warden of Nothing, grabbing needed items lying about and I get the hidden chest and my new baby. This will make grinding for the Shaxx tribute in the Tribute Hall a lot easier since exotics are supposed to improve progress (but I already can tell I'll need every item slot occupied by Calus gear which I don't have except static-rolled year one weapons. But I was testing those out earlier and both Classic Ghost Primus and Classic Inaugural Address can do some respectable work in Crucible.

7) Before doing Destiny 2, I quickly burned through Invaded Capitol Building on normal in Division 2 and then loaded up Tidal Basin on hard, making sure to call for help. Eventually a guy joined me and then another player, and those two guys did some serious work (especially the one guy, he was destroying enemies like they were a total joke!). The boss fight is more chaotic than usual (except for the one time I accidentally did heroic mode) but we get through it in record time (~35 minutes instead of ~45). Now I only need to do this bullshit once more and then I don't ever have to touch Tidal Basin again. I do still want to do Warlords and complete some other challenges and make fun builds but Massive has really fucked over the game and players with their severe changes.

Really going to aim for doing the next step for Malfeasance this week as well as finish up the synthesizer upgrade. And probably some other minor things. (Fucking Eververse needs to sell the Doubt ornament for Trust again, I've been waiting for a month or more already!).

Comment

• My clan has decided to do all the raids we'd already done, and then the two we haven't that are going away to earn the Raid Rings from the moments of triumph seal. Tonight we did Spire of Stars again, and got through it in only 2 and a half hours, significantly faster than our previous run of 6+ hours. As a reward, we all got the exotic Toast emote via the triumph. Good times.

Comment

• One day I need to do all the damn raids.

Anyway, been grinding Solstice for my Hunter's armor, got it to Majestic and then stopped and unequipped it. But that didn't matter since the text on the cloak is wrong and completing one Altars of Sorrow final boss is all that's needed, so that gear is now glowing faintly. I need to move to my Warlock next.

Beat Gofannon Forge, got the key for it with a little luck and skill. I also got Ringing Nail recently from Volundr Forge, but I still need a whole load of frames for both Le Monarque and Jotunn. I have another rare Black Armor bounty but that requires half a dozen frames in two weeks' time, so that'll be fun. Need to farm Watcher Lenses for Burden.

Collected all the Moon rabbits and got the shader, and completed the Mercury Heroic Adventures triumph. Need to check if I still need the flashpoint triumph.

I now hate regular Gambit with a passion. I hope when Beyond Light launches that Prime is the only one, or at the very least that they rework both modes and introduce improvements across the board. The invasions every ten seconds (and yes, it was incredibly frequent, made it frustrating as all hell) drove me more than a little nuts.

I got the solar machine gun Edgewise, finally. Still working on Loaded Question fusion rifle. Also still "working on" doing the 25 Survival matches to advance Broadsword. And Malfeasance.

Also been grinding heroic daily story missions because that's about a thousand triumph points I can definitely use for the 50k emblem (I severely doubt I'll reach anywhere near 100k like some people have).

Comment

• Got Kindled Orchid (decent perks) from a forge (thank fuck it was Volundr and not Bergusia today). Need to grind frames for bounties and quests.

Bought and downloaded Jedi Academy and LEGO Hobbit. Want to get Ghostbusters and Rage 2 but can't spare the money right now, so maybe in another sale (and I'm still goddamn waiting for Lion King and Aladdin!).

edit -- took a couple tries but managed to get Blast Furnace again, and this one looks fucking beautiful with the Rasmussen Clan shader! But I can't risk dismantling it because god forbid I actually get the shader from doing so and not have RNG screw me as usual!
                    Agent Purple
                    The Illustrated Man
                    Last edited by Agent Purple; 08-20-2020, 02:14 AM. Reason: pew pew pew

Comment

• They've announced a four player co-op adventure for Ghost of Tsushima that's going to be a free DLC, so I'm excited for that. It's always great when game developers decide to give you more content for free. I'm also hoping for an expansion, though. It would be cool to go to Iki to deal with Mongol remnants or something, and since Iki is so much smaller than Tsushima, the map would only be like a third of the size of the original.

Blah, anyway! I finished the Solstice armored quests with all three characters, or at least as far as I care to go. I started getting the glow for my Hunter, and decided I didn't like the look, so I'm just gonna keep the regular armor versions. Meanwhile, I can't decide if I want the ornament for Trinity Ghoul or not. I've got the bright dust for it, but I don't know. Neither it nor the default look particularly good, imo. Now if the ornament for Leviathan's Breath was available, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Oh, well.

Started playing MW again, without missing a beat. Rock in' it in HC Dom, but Search and Destroy isn't being nice to me. I guess I gotta get used to sound whoring again.

Comment

• Massive revealed some details about the transmog system coming for Division 2.

Any gear, from the starting all the way to high-end/gear sets/named, can be made to look like any other gear of that slot (chest to any other chest), but exotic gear cannot be changed to look different nor can non-exotic gear be made to look exotic. Any gear in character inventory or stash will be counted as unlocked for appearance mod choice but not gear players already deleted, which they must then find again. Weapons are not going to be included in the transmog system (and in my opinion, should never be). Any player can access this sytem regardless of content owned or level.

Not without limitations/disappointments. Masks are still only wearable in Dark Zones, and gear cannot be made invisible, nor can players go shirtless. Some of this (masks) is being looked into further but with no promises made.

I really fucking wish they would bring back all the talents for other gear pieces and not just have the chest/backpack bullshit system they have now.

When I got to my dad's he was watching King Macho on YouTube do the Iron Horse raid with subscribers. I missed the beginning but saw them do Fieser onward, and they actually did fairly well (but my dad said they wiped half a dozen times at the start before Macho told everyone to run damage builds and only he was allowed to heal). Was impressive work and content.

Comment

• MW brought back the Face Off mosh pit (an old 3v3 game mode previously only seen in MW3) and so a couple of friends and I played it tonight. Grind was a bit annoying, but the Dom and Kill Confirmed matches were a lot of fun. Took some getting used to, though, as it's only available in Core while we usually play HC, but such as it is.

Comment

• Managed to get another Kindled Orchid, stashed it because I dunno which of the two I prefer. I also managed to finally get the final Hunter Black Armory gear, the helmet, but I can't redeem the ballistics log to start on Tatara Gaze sniper or Biting Fang bow because apparently you're only allowed to do two frames a week, so I'll just barely be able to finish in time to get the rare bounty complete by next weekend's close (assuming my luck isn't shit). I did get the Black Armory Key but now I need to do the datapad and the obsidian crystal. (Now I need to do it with my Warlock and Titan).

Finally did five heroic adventures on Nessus, after what, three whole years. Also got lucky this week since Spider finally offered the fucking Blood Cleaver bounty, the last Wanted that I needed (bastard kept offering Combustor Valus like it was a hot cake bonanza).

Decided to try and knock out a bounty and found to my pleasant surprise that my one friend was right, getting PvE kills with Thorn unlocks lore. Guess I'm gonna be grinding that a bit in the near future.

Need to fucking start doing the 25 Survival matches and the Malfeasance strike, and start Xenophage.

Comment

• https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...al_but_failed/

Comment

• Watching Angry Joe's Madden 21 Angry Rant video and holy shit, they really have driven that franchise into the Earth's mantle. It has so many damn problems that I'm going to spend the rest of my life pitying people who buy and play such utter trash.

Comment

Working...
                                X