No announcement yet.

Outrage of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So recently Games Workshop, creators of the Warhammer franchises, had released a statement making it clear bigots and bullies were not welcome in the community.

And then a YouTuber named Kirioth, who's bisexual, made a comment about homoeroticism in Space Marines and a bunch of jerks went full tilt, sending hate mail and death threats.

Thomas Parrott defended Kirioth and said fascism is bad and death threats are wrong.

Games Workshop then terminated Parrott's contract with them.

The full details aren't yet known but this is fucking appalling.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Nick Cannon responds to ViacomCBS for firing him over racist and anti-semitic remarks on his podcast

He compared white people to savage animals and insisted having darker skin meant you had a soul. He needs some serious goddamn reform.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
        Nick Cannon responds to ViacomCBS for firing him over racist and anti-semitic remarks on his podcast

He compared white people to savage animals and insisted having darker skin meant you had a soul. He needs some serious goddamn reform.
        Apparently Puff Daddy is coming to his defense/rescue.

Comment

• Wow, he seems to have really bought into the idea that, so long as he is part of an oppressed minority, he can do no wrong, and anybody that tries to call him on anything is just a racist oppressor. That sort of attitude doesn't seem to do the cause of the oppressed any favors, IMHO.

Comment

• Situation has evolved again: Cannon has now issued an apology for his words but insists on full ownership of Wild 'n Out, and has (I think, can't entirely remember) agreed to discuss things further.

A start, but Jesus, this is ugly.

Comment

• Wouldn't ownership be clearly defined in legal documents? If not, somebody wasn't doing their job very well.

There may well be more to the story than I'm seeing, but it SEEMS, right now, like he screwed up, and is trying to play the victim card to avoid the consequences of his misbehavior.
              Mister Ed
              Horse of a Different Color
              Last edited by Mister Ed; 07-17-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• I'm not paying serious attention to this anymore, but what I heard this morning on the radio is that he has, as I said, apologized and accepted education from various Jewish figures on what he did wrong and hopes to repair the damage.

I'll leave the matter be from here on out because education is desperately needed here just as much as condemnation. He fucked up, he knows it, and now he needs to improve himself.

As for ownership, that's somebody else's legal maze. I didn't even hear about it until all this blew up.

Comment

• Anything is possible here. It could have been a conflict like occurred in Deliverance. But when there's "overkill" in a murder -- that is, when someone is shot, stabbed or beaten much more than was needed to kill him -- the likeliest scenario is that it was over a personal grudge.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ow/5470783002/

Comment

• Yep. It was a grudge.

(BTW, this woman sold herself short when she picked out a man. She probably thought he was "exciting" and would "protect" her.)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-men-o...190731519.html

Comment

• Minnesota couple wears swastika face masks to Walmart

Comment

• Student suspended after showing fellow students without masks

Comment

• I don't know whether this was an "outrage," but I saw this man lying in the street after he had been shot. He was still moving.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...man-in-reseda/

Comment

• Georgia student who posted the picture of crowded hallway has had their suspension lifted, but the principal has gone on record saying wearing masks is a personal choice and there's no way to mandate it.

I guess schools is Georgia don't have dress codes, forcing students to either comply or be sent home.

Comment

Georgia student who posted the picture of crowded hallway has had their suspension lifted, but the principal has gone on record saying wearing masks is a personal choice and there's no way to mandate it.

I guess schools is Georgia don't have dress codes, forcing students to either comply or be sent home.
                              When kids start getting sick, they'll back down in a hurry.

Comment

Georgia student who posted the picture of crowded hallway has had their suspension lifted, but the principal has gone on record saying wearing masks is a personal choice and there's no way to mandate it.

I know here in Portland, OR, in recent years, dress codes have lost all meaning, and are almost unenforceable (I guess if you showed up naked they'd probably do something, or if you wore a shirt with a swastika on it, but neither of those has come up since my kids have been in school).

However, they do exclude kids who don't have vaccinations, which would seem more comparable to this situation. I wonder if Georgia does that.

Comment

Working...
                                X