No announcement yet.

Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He has an R after his name politically and he didnt lie about it so they had to kick him out of the club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
      Isn't Ethan slightly conservative? Isn't that why he's hated?
      He let himself become connected with Comicsgate, which goes far beyond "slightly conservative." They're an aggressive, toxic bunch. I don't know if EVS has since distanced himself from that movement, but I certainly hope so.
      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Essentially; but he's more than slight. He's a Republican Mormon and has been outspoken against gay marriage among other issues.
        Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
        He has an R after his name politically and he didnt lie about it so they had to kick him out of the club.
        I mean sure if we ignore the other stuff he's done like get into it with Darwyn Cooke's widow over whether Cooke would've supported comicsgate after she asked him to stop mentioning Cooke or celebrate that Tess Fowler is having financial issues due to her having breast cancer.

There's also the weird incel type things he does like behead female action figures on his livestream to own the libs - but's that more generic weird internet behavior than actual douchiness.

I'm sure him being an R caused tension with other creators but I'd say the turning point where they en mass turned on him was when he told that fan to commit suicide a few years ago.

Comment

• Kuhan interviewed Marz/Banks and also got some preview pages of their upcoming Kyle story in the special.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
            The art is fine, it's nowhere near terrible. You're also overestimating how important these anniversary specials are considering the Catwoman one got stuck with Kelley Jones:

Good Lord. For $10 these books should have A-list talent on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
              Kuhan interviewed Marz/Banks and also got some preview pages of their upcoming Kyle story in the special.
              Cool, Kuhan. I liked bringing in O'Neil as a topic (btw: is the Joker special his last or did he have more in the pipeline?) and the distinction between celebrity and comic famous.

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
              Good Lord. For $10 these books should have A-list talent on them.
              I think the idea is more that you're paying for volume and variety. These each have 10 stories of 8 pages each. Compared to standard books, that should mean you'd be paying $16 and that doesn't include the extra interior art and glued binding that would often knock it up a few more dollars. So, really it's more of a value book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                I think the idea is more that you're paying for volume and variety. These each have 10 stories of 8 pages each. Compared to standard books, that should mean you'd be paying $16 and that doesn't include the extra interior art and glued binding that would often knock it up a few more dollars. So, really it's more of a value book.
                For $10 they should bringing their A game. I don't care how many pages and stories there are if they're all done so horribly.

To think this is how they wanted to fleece us once 5G came in.

Comment

• After seeing some spoilers I'm glad I'm not buying this.

Comment

• Well, they had Adams, Lee, Finch, Scott, and the blank (green) covers at my LCS; so, I went with Adams.

Comment

• got me the Kyle cover

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• I picked up just the Adam's cover too.

Comment

• I’d be curious which covers everyone picked and what your LCS’ selection was like.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                          I picked up just the Adam's cover too.

Comment

• My new LCS had a bunch of covers available, but not the one I wanted. I was looking for one that had all the GLs on it. I got the Liam Sharp one, but I would have preferred the Nicola Scott.

Comment

• I still have two Nicola Scott covers on the shelf over here, but shipping from Germany to the USA is probably too expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X