No announcement yet.

Geoff Johns in trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Fisher guy is wearing me out with his whining. He should try working on the set of a James Cameron movie, that delicate cupcake wouldn't last a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
      This Fisher guy is wearing me out with his whining. He should try working on the set of a James Cameron movie, that delicate cupcake wouldn't last a day!
      Or haim saban if you know that story with David yost the original blue mmpr and why he quit during the show. He was ripped on by the directors and writers for beeing gay. F bombs left and right.
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

So Geoff appeared in the Stargirl panel at Fandome yesterday. This leads me to believe that even if there is some disciplinary action pending, it won't involve terminating Johns.

On the flip side, I thought that GL's lack of content at the first Fandome might have to do with the investigation. After seeing Geoff on the screen yesterday, I'm not exactly sure why GL was left out in the cold yet again. It was as if DC was purposely trying to avoid Green Lantern.
        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
          So Geoff appeared in the Stargirl panel at Fandome yesterday. This leads me to believe that even if there is some disciplinary action pending, it won't involve terminating Johns.

On the flip side, I thought that GL's lack of content at the first Fandome might have to do with the investigation. After seeing Geoff on the screen yesterday, I'm not exactly sure why GL was left out in the cold yet again. It was as if DC was purposely trying to avoid Green Lantern.
          Dc fandom was a failure for me. Lets be real for 2 different nights and 2 different months can anybody say they offered anything interesting? Apparently wonder woman 84 is pushed back again. They offered nothing of interest to me to go drop money on a new book. i just think its not a coincidence they are pushing this eqality bs at the same time dealing with the johns and weadon accusations. Heres a conspiracy theory to think about what if this is all a ploy to generate interest by fans? Sure sounds nuts but i heard on a podcast that sales are horrible. And with everything going on in the country about race equality controversy creates cash bad publicity gets eyes and attention on them

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
            Dc fandom was a failure for me. Lets be real for 2 different nights and 2 different months can anybody say they offered anything interesting? Apparently wonder woman 84 is pushed back again. They offered nothing of interest to me to go drop money on a new book. i just think its not a coincidence they are pushing this eqality bs at the same time dealing with the johns and weadon accusations. Heres a conspiracy theory to think about what if this is all a ploy to generate interest by fans? Sure sounds nuts but i heard on a podcast that sales are horrible. And with everything going on in the country about race equality controversy creates cash bad publicity gets eyes and attention on them
            Sales for comics in 2019 were record-setting according to Comichron, and while I'm sure that 2020 will see a decrease due to the pandemic, GL's main title has sold pretty well vs DC's other non-Batman titles. Logic suggests that the interest is there. While the pandemic might be slowing down production for the HBO Max show, as well as rumors that HBO Max will have their own fandome-type event in the near future,that doesn't explain GL's non-presence. There was no celebration of the 80th anniversary, no interviews with voice actors, no info on the post-Morrison future of GL, nor mentions of Diggle in Superman and Lois. It was as if DC went out of their way to avoid Green Lantern.

Make no mistake that DC Fandome had plenty of interesting panels and development for other characters. We also got the welcomed news, at least for us subscribers, that the DC streaming service isn't ending. However, there was no GL focus at all. On every front, there was silence where there should have been news. It was bizarre.
            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Sales for comics in 2019 were record-setting according to Comichron, and while I'm sure that 2020 will see a decrease due to the pandemic, GL's main title has sold pretty well vs DC's other non-Batman titles. Logic suggests that the interest is there. While the pandemic might be slowing down production for the HBO Max show, as well as rumors that HBO Max will have their own fandome-type event in the near future,that doesn't explain GL's non-presence. There was no celebration of the 80th anniversary, no interviews with voice actors, no info on the post-Morrison future of GL, nor mentions of Diggle in Superman and Lois. It was as if DC went out of their way to avoid Green Lantern.

Make no mistake that DC Fandome had plenty of interesting panels and development for other characters. We also got the welcomed news, at least for us subscribers, that the DC streaming service isn't ending. However, there was no GL focus at all. On every front, there was silence where there should have been news. It was bizarre.
              See i disagree because they kept pushing this new version of batwoman thats black and bisexual for the cw and as a male i love lesbians what hetrosexual guy Wouldn't?. Imo overall that show was trash even with ruby rose . I tried sticking with it but quit after episode 5 or 6. Imo they should either scrap the character or get better writers. I mean god the diolauge is cringe worthy. Im usually pretty ok with race and gender swapping when its done to revive a character or get some attention on it but this is a agenda now because if dc decided to chage black lighting to a white guy and call it white lighting people would call it white washing. Or people would cry racist if marvel changed t challa to some white European guy and give him the title black panther. Im just calling it for what it is. I mean they wanna make batman black and im sorry explain to me the orgin of this batman. What makes him him? The reason why batman is who is is do to the tragedy he witnessed as a child. Is this batman of color going to be some victim of systematic racism? Or will it be like Simon baz with a stereotype orgin where its post George floyd or jacob blake? Baz was post 911 and how arab Americans were looked at as terrorists. I just dont want identity politcs in my comics. How long till we get a trans person of color wonder woman and ignore anything Greek mythology wonder woman is associated with. Why depend on the batman or superman brand when you have a catalogue of many black heros? Is it possible because those non batman or superman heros wont sell?
              TazzMission
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by TazzMission; 09-14-2020, 06:12 AM.

Comment

...There was no celebration of the 80th anniversary, no interviews with voice actors, no info on the post-Morrison future of GL, nor mentions of Diggle in Superman and Lois. It was as if DC went out of their way to avoid Green Lantern. . .
                Yeah, really. Even if they don’t have a line-up post Morrison you’d think they could’ve had he and Sharp talk and do something for the 80th.

Comment

Maybe they've finally realized just how badly they've fucked fucked up the property by letting more and more writers create their very own Green Lanterns, and that Morrison's tenure is just a temporary Band-Aid.

Re Johns, they're going to keep quiet about him until Three Jokers has sold through. Then you might hear him announce that he's going to spend more time with his family or something like that.

Then again, maybe he won't say anything at all. Maybe he'll just quietly stop writing comics, the way so many other writers have.
                  Trey Strain
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by Trey Strain; 09-14-2020, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    Yeah, really. Even if they don’t have a line-up post Morrison you’d think they could’ve had he and Sharp talk and do something for the 80th.
                    It seemed like DC didn't even want to celebrate their successes with GL. The Morrison-Sharp run has been selling well, so why not talk to them about their experience? Since DC just tapped Ron Marz to write Endless Winter, why didn't they bring him in for a retrospective on GL and some hints at what he and Lanning are planning (whoa, that rhymed) for that event?

They didn't even throw us a bone with GL's direction on Stargirl. Couldn't they have confirmed Alan Scott or his successor? Just a little bit of info would have been nice.

Back on the subject of this thread, Jason Momoa is backing up Fisher's statements about RF's mistreatment on the set of JL. That's a big development.

Comment

I've believed Fisher all along.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                        I've believed Fisher all along.
                        Even if he's telling the truth...who cares? Life is tough all over, do actors need a safe space, a cozy security blanket and warm milk to get a movie made? Why is anyone supposed to feel bad? Sounds like this massive pussy needs to grow a set of balls and man up.

Comment

Even if he's telling the truth...who cares? Life is tough all over, do actors need a safe space, a cozy security blanket and warm milk to get a movie made? Why is anyone supposed to feel bad? Sounds like this massive pussy needs to grow a set of balls and man up.
                          These male celebs need pads with wings. There like angry women on there rag

Comment

Some of these actors need to have their Man Card torn up right in front of them.

Comment

Some of these actors need to have their Man Card torn up right in front of them.
                              Thats if there truly a man and not transitioned with a tucked penis

Comment

All workplaces have rules, even the entertainment industry. Mistreating employees can have real consequences, even when all parties are paid well. Fisher says people crossed the line of, and Momoa is backing him up. This doesn't seem like it's going away.

Comment

Working...
                                X