Kyle's New Role in the GLC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle's New Role in the GLC...

There's an interview with Robert Venditti on comicvine.com where he kinda kills the interest I had for the series...

What characters, aside from Hal, will we be following in the book?

VENDITTI: Hal, John, Guy, and Kyle. Kyle won't be as heavily up front because what we're doing with him is much more secretive. This is why he hasn't appeared in a lot of promo art. That's by design. When he does show up, it will be for a very important reason, so he can accomplish something that only he can do. So in the meantime, it will be Hal, John, and Guy as the leads of the book.

Anybody else think he'll be integral in the eventual fight with Manhattan, and not just whatever this is with the Sin Corps?

~M~

Originally posted by -M- View Post
    Anybody else think he'll be integral in the eventual fight with Manhattan
    Literally 0.0% chance.

Comment

He was a big presence in the fight with Relic. It's kind of his thing now to show up and be possible canon fodder to show how serious the new big bad is...

I think it's at least a 10% chance.

~M~

Comment

I agree with Hypo

Comment

Dude's got the first ten issues plotted out. This will go well beyond the Sin War II story we're seeing in the first arc.

~M~

Comment

He was a big presence in the fight with Relic. It's kind of his thing now to show up and be possible canon fodder to show how serious the new big bad is...

I think it's at least a 10% chance.

~M~
            Dude's got the first ten issues plotted out. This will go well beyond the Sin War II story we're seeing in the first arc.

~M~
            Sure but what makes you think the story will have anything to do with the Watchmen story?

Based off DC Universe: Rebirth #1 and the other new issues it looks like the plot threads will be followed up in The Flash, Titans, Superman and maybe Batman. Once Geoff comes back to actually do the story I expect the main characters to be the Flashes and Batman as parallel to Flashpoint. If he uses a lantern it'll probably end up being Hal or Jessica/Simon.

Comment

I'd almost be willing to bet one of the Earth GL's will be dead by issue #25. Especially being double shipped and getting 24 issues in a year.

EDIT: People said I was crazy when New Guardians came around and I said Kyle and Carol would/could hook up. It didn't happen till after Fatality was gone and Kyle became the White Lantern, but it still happened. Some comic characters and creators have just become too easy to pick up on. Geoff is one of them. Kyle Rayner is one of them. Geoff will start out by saying Kyle was always a favorite, blah blah, then BAM! Manhattan smacks him into parts unknown of the multiverse in the next big event crossover. Or just atomizes him like he did his boy Rorschach.

~M~
              Ωmega Man
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Ωmega Man; 06-15-2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Anybody else think he'll be integral in the eventual fight with Manhattan, and not just whatever this is with the Sin Corps?
                Geoff will start out by saying Kyle was always a favorite, blah blah, then BAM! Manhattan smacks him into parts unknown of the multiverse in the next big event crossover.
                Those are two very different things.

Comment

Maybe he will be responsible for bringing the Guardians and Oa back. That would be worthwhile at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                    Maybe he will be responsible for bringing the Guardians and Oa back. That would be worthwhile at least.
                    Which makes sense, since he was told by the Guardians in the Ion series that as long as he lived, he could bring them back again. Some thought that was only relevant as long as he remained Ion, but it was never stated like that.
                    "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
                    Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
                    Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
                    who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
                    to change the world. This time, Lord...
                    Let me be worthy."

Comment

I'm so behind I didn't even know they hadn't officially returned. I knew the newest Guardians showed up in Kyle's New Guardians series, but I thought the GLC was stationed on Mogo now?

~M~

Comment

I hope, and it is the slimmest of hopes, somebody somewhere freaking explains the whole time warp/exile thing (Lost Army/Edge of Oblivion) that happened with the GLC.

I thought the whole time it was the Templar guardians, now it seems maybe Manhattan did it.

Comment

If Manhattan did it, I hope there's a real reason. I don't want him used as the new "Superboy punch" excuse for editorial missteps/decisions.

Comment

Again? Hopefully the credit for it will stick this time.

Comment

And hopefully, someone will have the courage to explain the whole Bueno-Kyle thing. Because it hasn't been adequately explained.

Comment

Working...
                              X