Heroes in Crisis Thread (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

Even Buddy? The whole thing that made him unique back in Vertigo days was that he was an average family man (married with children) and a superhero on the side.
    I meant that next to Pre-Flashpoint Lois and Clark, Buddy is the only other married DC hero. Even all throughout the New52.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
      I meant that next to Pre-Flashpoint Lois and Clark, Buddy is the only other married DC hero. Even all throughout the New52.
      Oh, yeah. I only remember coming across a couple Buddy references, so I can't remember his current "relationship status."

Comment

He'd have to appear in a Rebirth book before we can say for sure, but so far, nothing has contradicted that he's still married with kids.

And the Jeff Lemire/Travel Foreman book in the early days of the New 52 was amazing.

Comment

I guess we know who that dead GL is supposed to be after this week's Doomsday Clock issue.

Comment

I wouldn't count on it. In fact, I wouldn't count on that GL symbol we saw in a single panel of one book ever being mentioned again. I'm not sure how, if Guy doesn't die in Doomsday Clock, he would make it all the way back to Earth without first getting a replacement ring. It isn't like this is the first time an active GL has had their ring or battery trashed. It's usually only a problem long term if it happens while the Guardians are not around.

That said, I also wouldn't be surprised (thought I would be annoyed) if they did decide to off Guy off-panel and with no mention for months afterward, no matter how little sense it might make. After all, they did the same thing to him in Our Worlds at War back in the day. Last we heard of him then (after he got impaled on-panel) was a throwaway line in a hospital scene about needing Vuldarian plasma. We didn't have real confirmation that he was dead until he came back.
            Mister Ed
            Horse of a Different Color
            Last edited by Mister Ed; 03-08-2019, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
              I guess we know who that dead GL is supposed to be after this week's Doomsday Clock issue.
              I doubt it, DDC is kind of in it's own bubble, hell originally it was suppose to be set a year in the future compared to the rest of the DCU.

Comment

Issue 7 just came out, only two left.

It advances the mystery somewhat, but the background plots of Batman/Flash and Batgirl/HQ have dragged on.

I think Clay Mann does pretty good interiors, he is a little too static for my taste but it does look great. I am not sold on his covers though. They seem rushed compared to the interiors.

Comment

Are they actually setting up Wally as the culprit? That would stink even worse than him dying.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                    Are they actually setting up Wally as the culprit? That would stink even worse than him dying.
                    Or that recreated Linda (?) is somehow the problem.

Comment

barf

Comment

Ugh. I have no appetite to see DC poop all over Wally West.

Comment

I think we're all looking at this latest issue from the wrong angle. Wally brought Ivy back as a completely plant based organism. Then he went on to face himself. The body of Wally found in earlier issues was 5 days older than it needed to be, which makes me think the Wally that just brought Ivy back will be killed rather than the one minding his own business.

There's still gonna be a good version of Wally, right now we just don't know when in the timeline he's jumped to. And there's still somebody pulling strings from somewhere. I'm still betting Nemesis is involved somehow, for no other reason than he can look like anyone.

The robots of Sanctuary themselves haven't gotten any attention at all. Hope King doesn't just leave that big plot point dangling.

Comment

I feel so bad for Wally fans after glancing through issue 8, Tom King has reached Scott Lobdell levels of bad.

Comment

Having read #8, all I've got to say is:

Boooo.

Well, the execution isn't terrible. With any other character, that might have worked. The narration is believable, the slow escalation of the character's paranoia felt true. Losing control like that? With another character, it could have worked.

But this is horseshit, and I don't see myself buying more DC books after this. Except for Morrison's Green Lantern. Maybe.

Comment

[SPOILERS]

Yeah, I don't really get this. This is a cartoony villain turn.

My questions:
                                (1) What actually happened to the people? So, if a Flash has a nervous breakdown the Speed Force can be like a bomb?! Since when? What does that even mean?
                                (2) If he was willing to break the time travel rules, why not just go back and stop himself from exploding (or stop himself from being a Peeping Tom)?

Something is going to be undone. One of those bodies is Poison Ivy (she's in both 'tec and HQ now). She's too central to the Batverse. Plus, the below interview with King sounds like they have Wally plans:

Anyway, King talks about this some in yesterday's DC Daily (only 8:45-11:20):

+ YouTube Video
                                ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X