The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0
View Poll Results: Which New Green Lantern Creative Team Are You Most Excited About? Post a Poll
Venditti & Tan on Green Lantern 9 60.00%
Fialkov & Chang on Green Lantern Corps 3 20.00%
Jordan & Walker on Green Lantern: New Guardians 2 13.33%
Fialkov & Vitti on Red Lanterns 1 6.67%
Giffen & Kolins on Larfleeze 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #1
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer
 
Hypo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth-42
Posts: 22,232
Default Which New Green Lantern Creative Team Are You Most Excited About?

'Cause polls are fun.
__________________
Hypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 16,496
Default

Why is there no option for none of them? Or, what's going on in Saga and The Walking Dead in four months?
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #3
Michael Heide
Heide Finition
 
Michael Heide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 11,916
Default

Because this is a Green Lantern message board.

I chose GLC because it has a great writer, a great artist and characters I care about. No other Lantern book has that combination.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 16,496
Default

Stop making sense! Damn you and your stinking logic!
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
Espronceda
Major Force's Dinner Date
 
Espronceda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 82
Default

I'm going with Venditti and Tan on GL. First, I like what Venditti's been doing on XO. I think he'll bring a fresh take on Hal and we'll get some character development for a change. No more event after event after event. We'll get a book that focuses on Hal and not the Skittle Corps and pet projects.

Second, I like Tan's art. I believe that the promo art was a rushed piece done to go with the announcement and doesn't reflect what he's capable of.

Give me a good Hal Jordan book and I'm happy!
Espronceda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master
 
JohnnyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lexington, KY (gay mayor, biatches)
Posts: 13,805
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
Stop making sense! Damn you and your stinking logic!
It's hard adapting to the new world Archie. I didn't vote in this poll because I'm only reading GL and GLC, and I'm not all that familiar with either team. I've read interviews for both writers, and both hit the right notes in terms of sharing their vision for the books. So, I'm reserving my vote until previews start coming in, which is hopefully soon!
__________________


Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,770
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
Because this is a Green Lantern message board.

I chose GLC because it has a great writer, a great artist and characters I care about. No other Lantern book has that combination.
Stop throwing around words like that. GREAT? Is Bernard Chang great?
__________________
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
Michael Heide
Heide Finition
 
Michael Heide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 11,916
Default

I really liked his work on DC Comics Presents and Demon Knights.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan
 
SD80MAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Stop throwing around words like that. GREAT? Is Bernard Chang great?
Yes, he is.
__________________
The last fan of 1990s comics
Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe
SD80MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #10
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,770
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

Subjective. But you're wrong. lol

Anyway, its way too early to be excited. I'm intrigued by all but the Larfleeze monthly. A lot of my excitement hinges on where Johns and co. leave things in May.
__________________
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #11
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The bed of whoever pays for the night.
Posts: 5,793
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Jordan and Walker on NG. Because I'm aKyle fan and I want to see how this white lantern thing plays out.

Also, funny how both the writer and artist have the same surname as two GLverse characters.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
(even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:11 AM   #12
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern
 
GreenLantern888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 2,532
Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888
Default

Venditti and Tan because of what I read what Venditti wants to do with Hal is going to be a great change of pace from some the last few months of GL and the last few years of Doug Mahnke art.
__________________
No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #13
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward
 
CeltiC5-27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
Venditti and Tan because of what I read what Venditti wants to do with Hal is going to be a great change of pace from some the last few months of GL and the last few years of Doug Mahnke art.
I agree 100%. Just reading what Venditti had to say in this interview, makes me want to start reading his GL run now!
Green Lantern Writer Robert Venditti talks Hal Jordan, Epic vs Personal Stories and More
__________________
Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:43 AM   #14
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 16,496
Default

I really WANT to believe GL will showcase Hal Jordan as the focus and star of the book again. I want to, but I've been suckered by the ol' bait and switch before. My hopes and best wishes are with them if they do make the book about Hal.
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:53 AM   #15
Prime
Attention Whore
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 31st Century
Posts: 3,288
Blog Entries: 14
Default

GL probably...and honestly, as much as I actually like Larfleeze(despite his quick drop from somewhat humorous threat to straight up comic relief), I really don't know if I could stomach a monthly series of him. We'll see.
__________________
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.