Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hal's first influence by Parallax (GL Vol. 2 #224)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Andrew might need a new nickname, how about Mr. Fantastic? because that was a big reach.
    "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

Originally posted by Raker616 View Post
      I think Andrew might need a new nickname, how about Mr. Fantastic? because that was a big reach.
      Funny, and slightly true. Andrew got the "I hate Hal T-Shirt on today".

Saw Dark Knight again today, btw, better the second time around.

Comment

Originally posted by GLC2814.4 View Post
        Funny, and slightly true. Andrew got the "I hate Hal T-Shirt on today".
        In an alternate dimension where acknowledging something being at least partially one's fault equates to hatred of them, sure.

Comment

Personally first off I think the word fault as some have used it should be replaced with responsibility. Hal is by his very nature a responsible person and I'm sure that he feels the weight of that responsibility where Paralax is concerned. Fault however lies with the Guardians. If the Guardians had been forthcoming about the nature of the impurity in the first place then Hal would have been fully aware and better able to choose. But they passed it off as if it were nothing but a part of the lanterns technology. So how was Hal to know?

Ultimately beyond that I don't see where Andrew is hating anything. He's merely pointing out the rather neat way that Geoff's continuity adjustment does work rather nicely with what had gone before.

Peace
          And
          Long
          Life

Toriach

Comment

The Guardians did forbid any GL from entering the Central Power Battery.

Comment

Ok guys, there's no reason to pick on Andrew, this is simply a debate.
              It seems to me from the scanned panels that Hal had to act fast to save the day. I think it said the whole universe was at stake. Whatever consequences to entering the CPB Hal did or did not foresee would have probably been moot anyway if he didn't end the immediate threat. I just don't think its fair to blame him for doing the only thing he could think of in a desperate situation.

Comment

Hal is totally guilty. Look at him.

He's guilty. Maybe not of what this thread is saying he is........but still guilty of something!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                  Yeah, but Hal probably figured, "I've already been in there like 3 or 4 times with no ill effect, so what the hey." (He had even been in there previously in established continuity at that point, and of course we got more times retconned in after the fact in Emerald Dawn and Willworld.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    Yeah, but Hal probably figured, "I've already been in there like 3 or 4 times with no ill effect, so what the hey." (He had even been in there previously in established continuity at that point, and of course we got more times retconned in after the fact in Emerald Dawn and Willworld.)
                    Well, you might be able to dance around by the edge of a cliff OK... but sooner or later you're going to fall in.

Willworld, Willworld... isn't that an Elseworlds?

Comment

Well, you might be able to dance around by the edge of a cliff OK... but sooner or later you're going to fall in.

Willworld, Willworld... isn't that an Elseworlds?
                      Not officially. It has been contradicted on many points, but if that made things Elseworlds, Geoff would be retroactively making Elseworlds every month.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Lishego View Post
                        Nice, now if only they build on what was done before instead of just making new stuff up, and pretending the older issues just didn't happen.
                        /co-signed

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Yo.

There were no Guardians present, they'd all left since "Millennium" to mate with the Zamarons. Hal charged into the core with no thought as to potential consequences.
                          the Old Timer (Appa Ali Apsa) was present when this was happening, remember?

of course, that rule doesnt hold much water when they took off to get some immortal nookie from the Zams........and wasnt it Appa's idea (or something to that effect) to go inside the CPB anyways?

Originally posted by Martley of 2814 View Post
                          Hal is totally guilty. Look at him.

He's guilty. Maybe not of what this thread is saying he is........but still guilty of something!
                          sure hes guilty of something; he's either thinkin' of whether or make a move on Arisia again, or maybe to take Supergirl up on her offer (he can deal w/her cousin later....)

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                            Not officially. It has been contradicted on many points, but if that made things Elseworlds, Geoff would be retroactively making Elseworlds every month.
                            Interesting. I've never seen or read Willworld... will get now.

Comment

I always figured the fault lay more with Sinestro than Hal. It was Sinestro who escaped death by seeking refuge in the CPB. And it was Sinestro who merged with the Yellow Impurity. I got the feeling it was Sinestro who pointed out Hal to Parralax from readin Rebirth. He was in that place for a long while, until John unconsiousiously freed him (briefly). At any rate, Parralax was still trapped in the CPB at the end of that story. But if someone awoke Parallax, I took it to be Sinestro.

Wasn't Hal's lilly-livered-ness said to have been caused by the Qwardians in Vol. 3? I'm certain it was. He travelled to Qward and they boasted that their I-can't-remember-the-name ray had made Hal into an indecicive tool.

Edit:
                              Okay, I quickly skimmed key parts of that issue. And the fault lies with the Gurdians 100% of the way.

First off, the Gurdians wouldn't allow a Krugurian to be killed. So Sinestro's mind was put in the CPB, allowing him access to Parallax (the Yellow Impurity of the time). Meanwhile, in the issue itself, it explains that the CPB would explode and create a black hole that would suck the entire universe into itself.

Old Timer wasn't immortal at the time and explained key parts of his memory were removed. So Hal visited the Gurdians on their retreat and they told him to go into the CPB and to stop it from exploding.

While I still maintin it was Sinestro who awoke Parallax, it was the Gurdians who put Sin into the CPB in the first place. Moreover, they told Hal to go in there and fix their mess. So, the Gurdians are the biggest idiots of all time.
                              Gauntlet101010
                              Alpha-Lantern
                              Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 07-28-2008, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Interesting. I've never seen or read Willworld... will get now.
                                It was a 100% new content hard cover when they did those - the artist Seth Fisher has since killed himself - basically the entire thing takes place in the CPB as a test for new recruits think Fear Pods <spoilers

and no Elseworlds logo to be found
                                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X