Showcase presents worth buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showcase presents worth buying?

They're dirt cheap on amazon for 500+ pages, but is it worth purchasing for a fairly new reader?

Absolutely. The stories within may seem dated, but they're great reads, and Gil Kane's art in particular is still stunning five decades later.
    The last fan of 1990s comics
    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Of course, if you want to see the comics in COLOR (which I prefer), then you should go with the Chronicles, Archives, or Omnibus versions. More expensive, though, by a lot. I checked the Showcase volumes out of the library just so I could read the issues that they never got around to Archiving, but I'm not going to BUY them until I can have them in color.

Comment

Alright, thanks for the advice!

Comment

IMHO, very much worth the purchase price. Bindings are solid. Ninety plus comics in a foot of shelf space. I use the Showcase Presents books for ready reference; keeps the fingerprints off my Archives editions. SP:GL #2 is the books I "grew up with." Funny. In those days Hal Jordan was old enough to be my father. Now he's young enough to be my son. Am unceasingly confunded by these temporal anomalies. Blame it on the Crisis, I suppose.

Hope this doesn't constitute commenting on a stale thread.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Comment

I feel like something was deleted in between posts... lol
              [center]

Originally posted by W.West
              DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Indeed. My Monty Python was not directed at Evergreen.

Comment

i buy the chronicles and the omnibus. They are excellent.

Comment

Working...
                  X