Xanshi the Bird Planet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xanshi the Bird Planet?

So I have been reading through Green Lantern volume 2 and just finished issue reading issue 132 which included the final chapter of the Tales of the Green Lantern Corps story "The Trial of Arkkis Chummuck". In that story Arkkis' planet is at war with Xanshi and the people on it are all shown to be Bird people. So I was curious if anyone knew if these bird people were just retconned out or if later we found out they were just one of many races on the planet. In any case I found it interesting and thought I would share.

It's been a while, but I think the bird people came first with humanoids coming later.

I don't think they've been retconned out per say, but with Fatality as the sole survivor of Xanshi, I think most people look at her as the prototypical Xanshian.

Comment

I can't believe it took somebody that long to reply to this message.

Comment

I think the "many races" idea was once advanced as an explanation in a lettercolumn or something (back when Fatality was introduced), but it never made it into a comic as an official "in-universe" explanation to my knowledge. The bird Xanshians were introduced in the story the OP mentioned. The humanoid Xanshians were introduced in Cosmic Odyssey (and NOT just Marz "screwing up" when he introduced Fatality. I remember people taking him to task for "changing" it, when there were people looking for any excuse to jump on him for something. But given that it was already inconsistent, it made sense for him to use the race shown in Cosmic Odyssey, given Fatality's motivations.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
          I can't believe it took somebody that long to reply to this message.
          I missed it, probably because it was posted on the weekend.

Comment

I just didn't think my answer was concrete enough. But this topic looked lonely all ignored and such that I answetred anyway.

Comment

I just noticed that people replied to this. I feel loved once more. Thanks for the info. I try to figured this sort of thing out with a quick check on Google but unbelievable as it is, Google failed me (or I, it. Who knows). In the future, I will only post during the week....maybe .

Comment

Working...
              X