GREAT FIND/DEAL THIS WEEKEND...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREAT FIND/DEAL THIS WEEKEND...

so i went to my LCS this weekend becuase the owner called me to tell me he'd bought something i'd wanna see and he wants to give me first shot at it.
    when i arrive, he whips out a copy of V2 #2 in about FN- shape. turns out the guy he got it from was selling off his collection and letting things go cheap.
    when i asked what the price was, he blew me away...$160
    now being no fool, and a huge GL fan i knew i'd never get that deal again.

so i bought it!!!!!!

Congrats!
    I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by RichSan View Post
        so i went to my LCS this weekend becuase the owner called me to tell me he'd bought something i'd wanna see and he wants to give me first shot at it.
        when i arrive, he whips out a copy of V2 #2 in about FN- shape. turns out the guy he got it from was selling off his collection and letting things go cheap.
        when i asked what the price was, he blew me away...$160
        now being no fool, and a huge GL fan i knew i'd never get that deal again.

so i bought it!!!!!!
        Excellent !!! Congrats !!!

About fifteen years ago, I scored with Showcase 73 (Creeper) and Showcase 75 (Hawk & Dove) for a quarter each at a yardsale ... The woman was selling off her 'soon to be' ex husband's collection for a quarter each ... I had stopped to get gas at a station in a small town I was just passing through ... The yardsale was literally across the street from the gas station ... By the time I got over there, all the mainstream superhero comics like Batman, Spiderman, Superman, and others were gone ... All that were left were those two Showcases in good condition, some Casper the friendly ghost, some Heathcliff (which I also bought), and a few others ...

Somehow over the past 15 years, I've lost the two Showcase comics, but still have the Heathcliff and other ones from that day ...

Comment

DANG BOB! you make me wanna hit the yardsale scene around here to see if there's any hidden treasures. sorry to hear about your lost issues tho. those are great books. gotta love Ditko.

Comment

Originally posted by RichSan View Post
            DANG BOB! you make me wanna hit the yardsale scene around here to see if there's any hidden treasures. sorry to hear about your lost issues tho. those are great books. gotta love Ditko.
            i can honestly say about 50% of all garage or yard sales (where i've stopped) i've scored with something super cool for dirt cheap ... when i lived in hot springs arkansas, there was a local collectible shop where the owners got almost all of their merchandise via yard sales, auctions, and garage sales ... the shop has existed and is still there too ... they've been in business for nearly 30 years ...

Comment

Working...
            X