Jack Kirby's New Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Kirby's New Gods

I just picked up a good amount of issues concerning New Gods when I was at the shop yesterday. I got:

Jack Kirby's New Gods (#2-4 & #6. The bigger issues that collect two issues per book.)

Return of the New Gods (#12-14 & #17-19)

And then I got another book also called Return of the New Gods #13 but it is totally different from the other Return of the New Gods #13.

The last thing I picked up was Justice League of America #183-185. I know this isn't Kirby but still picked it up.

What I'm wondering is if someone could help me put these in order. I figured Returns comes after New Gods (DUH!) but I'm not sure about some of the other issues and their placement. Any help would be appreciated.

Definitely should pick up these:

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #133-139 & 141-148
    The Forever People #1-11
    The New Gods 1-11 (You should have gotten some of it in the two issues in one collection, if I understand right
    Mister Miracle #1-18
    Even Gods Must Die (paired with 11 in the 6 issue collection of the New Gods)
    The Hunger Dogs

That's as far as I can help for the time being. That's Kirby's Fourth World work.

Come listen to our cast, and have a ball while you're at it! : D

Comment

Originally posted by FrEaKjOkErXXX View Post
      I just picked up a good amount of issues concerning New Gods when I was at the shop yesterday. I got:

Jack Kirby's New Gods (#2-4 & #6. The bigger issues that collect two issues per book.)

Return of the New Gods (#12-14 & #17-19)

And then I got another book also called Return of the New Gods #13 but it is totally different from the other Return of the New Gods #13.

The last thing I picked up was Justice League of America #183-185. I know this isn't Kirby but still picked it up.

What I'm wondering is if someone could help me put these in order. I figured Returns comes after New Gods (DUH!) but I'm not sure about some of the other issues and their placement. Any help would be appreciated.
      It's really much easier if you pick up those four Omnibuses. And yes, tis good stuff.
      The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

Post deleted
        Trey Strain
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-28-2019, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I'm curious, is the new New Gods maintaining the old continuity?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
            I'm curious, is the new New Gods maintaining the old continuity?
            I have no idea what they're doing with it.

Comment

New Gods 17-21. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
              X