This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
    That's not exactly a glowing endorsement lol.
    I never read the comic so I have nothing to base it off of. It's a standard dc animated movie. The Batgirl sex shit was blown way out of proportion by the internet. There's nothing shown minus a bra. And she says they had sex. That's it.

I don't like the way batman's cowl was drawn but other that it was what it was.

Comment

• Bleeding Cool: Scoop: Geoff Johns Is Now President As Well As Chief Creative Officer Of DC Entertainment
      That’s right. Geoff Johns is now President & Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment.

Diane Nelson is still President of DC Entertainment, and Geoff still reports to Diane.Warner Bros has Presidents like Marvel has Captain Americas.

And while there was a lot of Hyatt bar gossip about this at San Diego Comic-Con, I understand from better-connected sources that Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee also still report directly to Diane.

Apparently, this promotion happened a few months ago when his responsibilities were extended to co-running the DC film slate with Warner Bros studio’s Jon Berg, during the Batman V Superman fallout.

They just didn’t think to tell anyone.

He’s still listed as Chief Creative Officer on DC Comics’ indicia, including comic books out tomorrow

You can see the current movie direction for Justice League and Wonder Woman as seen at San Diego Comic-Con as directly down to Geoff Johns, and his promotion from a mere CCO to P&CCO reflects this.

It’s good to be the king.

Geoff Johns is currently in London doing… stuff. I wonder if I’ll bump into him in Orbital Comics tomorrow?

DC Entertainment representatives declined to comment when approached.

Comment

• The only thing that mattered to me in this article was the mention of a new Flatliners film. Hope they don't butcher that concept.

~M~

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
          Meh. My interest in the movie has plummeted since learning that Timm brought his bullshit shipping fantasy to it,
          Originally posted by Robinson View Post
          I never read the comic so I have nothing to base it off of. It's a standard dc animated movie. The Batgirl sex shit was blown way out of proportion by the internet. There's nothing shown minus a bra. And she says they had sex. That's it.

I don't like the way batman's cowl was drawn but other that it was what it was.
          me am sharing this here since its topically relevant & funny to read: http://heatst.com/entertainment/batm...off-feminists/

Batman-Batgirl Sex Scene in ‘The Killing Joke’ Pisses Off Feminists
          and FTR, I'll say this:
          1. I read TKJ a few years after it was originally printed (Im *still* pissed they took down BG in this matter) and the comic told the story better, despite the animated versions attempt to "fill-in some gaps" to flesh it out.
          2. her & Bruce having a "luv thang" just comes off as odd here, and at 1 point she all but states that shes the best thing to come along his path in regards to being a partner (which I suppose possibly had a component of emotional longing to it, but that's debateable.)
          3. I honestly had no idea they the following in Batman Beyond 2.0:

......so, not only was he a dick to Dick, but he dicked Babs behind his back and then tried to pass the result off back to Dick.

NICE.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• I saw the promo video for TKJ a while ago and in that they even admit how the source material was too short for a feature and they had to pad it out. And that was a promo video. Usually that's the kind of thing you hide.

Comment

• Watch: Swamp Thing Animation Test For Live-Action Justice League Dark Movie

At one time, WB was going to go forward with Guillermo Del Toro's live-action Justice League Dark movie; however, now with the animated version coming out, it's thought the live-action project is DOA.

Director Joseph Khan, known for Torque, Detention and Power/Rangers, posted a video on Vimeo of a Swamp Thing animation test he used to pitch Justice League Dark to WB.

"I pitched on Dark Universe before it became an animated movie. Here's an 8 second test of Swamp Thing I designed," Khan added.

At one time it was said Colin Farrell was going to play John Constantine in the JLD movie, with Ben Mendelsohn as the villain Anton Arcane.

https://vimeo.com/176392452
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Not bad for test footage. Swamp Thing could work as a horror film with today's technology, easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                  Not bad for test footage. Swamp Thing could work as a horror film with today's technology, easily.
                  I'd still rather they make a practical Swampy (this probably won't surprise those who read my thoughts in the horror thread) and switch to CGI when he changes shape or such.

Comment

• I'm ALL about old school practical, right there with ya SC. I just think with Swampy, CGI would be the way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                      I'm ALL about old school practical, right there with ya SC. I just think with Swampy, CGI would be the way to go.
                      Well, I do admit to loving Guardians of the Galaxy despite two of the main cast being CGI. I think it helped that they had on-set actors both for the mo-cap and as reference for the actors. I believe that works better than "this tennis ball on a stick is your best friend and partner, now act."

Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 07-29-2016, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• I love practical effects and makeup. I could go on and on about my love for guys like Rob, Bottin, Tom Savini, Rick Baker, Greg Nicotero, and Stan Winston. Or stop motion guys like Willis O'Brien, Ray Harryhausen and Phil Tippett.

I just feel that, just because CGI is overused, it doesn't mean it isn't a great tool to use. I like when practical and digital effects are married together and I can't tell where one ends and the other begins in a shot.

Comment

• Speaking of CGI vs. practical effects, King Shark was initially included in the Suicide Squad film but David Ayers was uncomfortable working with a completely CGI character and went with Killer Croc.

Suicide Squad Almost Included King Shark, Says David Ayer | Collider
                          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                            Speaking of CGI vs. practical effects, King Shark was initially included in the Suicide Squad film but David Ayers was uncomfortable working with a completely CGI character and went with Killer Croc.

Yeah, I'll have to wait until I see it to say for sure, but I'm guessing it was the right move since SS isn't fantasy/cape style.

Comment

• CARTOON NETWORK'S "JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION" WILL FEATURE OVER 150 CHARACTERS

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                                Speaking of CGI vs. practical effects, King Shark was initially included in the Suicide Squad film but David Ayers was uncomfortable working with a completely CGI character and went with Killer Croc.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                Yeah, I'll have to wait until I see it to say for sure, but I'm guessing it was the right move since SS isn't fantasy/cape style.
                                Now after seeing Suicide Squad, only if David Ayer stayed away from CGI in the third act and for the big baddie, the film might have done a wee bit better with critics.

I watched the animated film Assault on Arkham and I wish David Ayer would have just adapted is for the live action film. Assault on Arkham has a more well thought out plot, twist and definitely does more with the Joker than Suicide Squad and the third act is much more action packed and fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X