Post your ring collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
    The ring beside that one is the Indigo Lantern ring, as I'm fairly certain they will have a ring.
    nope

they weild staffs made of a coral like substance that are acctually there batteries (wikipedia has a few grany pics but if you look at the image of the 8 lanterns thats floating around you'll notice its organic looking)

i have none atm everytime i found one it was 2 expensive but thanks to Instructibles.com i have directions on how to make rings so i full plan to make a full set (including indigo cause hell why not) as well as one of my avi that I'm gonna have made from SS (i'm a graphic artist and its based on my design logo)
    The first living creature to give another the spark of an idea Muse entity of inspiration

Comment

Originally posted by SIlverLantern View Post
      nope

they weild staffs made of a coral like substance that are acctually there batteries (wikipedia has a few grany pics but if you look at the image of the 8 lanterns thats floating around you'll notice its organic looking)

i have none atm everytime i found one it was 2 expensive but thanks to Instructibles.com i have directions on how to make rings so i full plan to make a full set (including indigo cause hell why not) as well as one of my avi that I'm gonna have made from SS (i'm a graphic artist and its based on my design logo)
      And if it's put on Wikipedia, it must be well reaserched and true, right?

GL25, pg 10 - the Indigo panel. The lead figure has energy leaking out of his fist.

I'll grant you, they might not have rings. They do carry around their batteries on a staff and their is the only corps whos ring hasn't been shown somewhere. But, since every other Corps has a ring, and the ring itself seems important as an interview states ... we'll just see.

Comment

red fires there power from there mouth the glowing hand is incidental also the article on power ring was REALLY descriptive

and cause i don't want to start a new thread for one pic (ans cause we were all thinking it

KYLE WEILDING ALL 7 COLORS (hes not dead so he can't wield black)

i traced and moded a screen cap from the In brightest day episode of superman
        SIlverLantern
        Major Force's Dinner Date
        Last edited by SIlverLantern; 08-09-2008, 11:23 PM.
        The first living creature to give another the spark of an idea Muse entity of inspiration

Comment

Originally posted by SIlverLantern View Post
          red fires there power from there mouth the glowing hand is incidental also the article on power ring was REALLY descriptive
          Wikipedia's nice and all, but some of it's info is guesswork or assumptions. Unlike the reds, we haven't seen the indigos in action at all yet. Have you found an interview with Johns or something that says they have no rings? I haven't, but if you have then it'd be good to post it here.

Until the Indigos are shown it's best to agree to disagree. The might have rings ... they might not have rings. I'm pretty sure they will, but don't you think debating it at this stage is a little early? And in the "post your rings" thread no less? We will eventually have answers.
          Gauntlet101010
          Alpha-Lantern
          Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 08-09-2008, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I concede the point and i admit that it would be strange for there to be one corpse who didn't have a ring while the others did

BUT the indigos ARE different from the rest in 2 other ways already(they weild staffs that are there bateries and tatto there insignia instead of wearing uniforms) so whats one more

Comment

I'm still "fairly certain" they'll have rings because of GL 25 page 10. Energy around fist. Unless you have an interview the image from the comic trumps Wikipedia.

I'll grant you that any other evidence of Indigo rings has not been shown, so I'm only "fairly" certain and not just plain old "certain".
              Attached Files
              Gauntlet101010
              Alpha-Lantern
              Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 08-10-2008, 04:49 AM.

Comment

You know a GL can shape their battery to look like whatever they want. So if a Green Lantern wants a staff, they can have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Limelantern View Post
                  You know a GL can shape their battery to look like whatever they want. So if a Green Lantern wants a staff, they can have one.
                  True. But energy on fist = ring in most cases. Thus far, 7/8 Corps have confirmed rings. Not denying that there's still doubt on Indigo's part ... mainly because the only proof at all is in the one panel I posted.

But Wikipedia is not real proof. That stuff was written by some anonymous person after reading GL 25 and reading the interview that came afterwards. So far the only fact I can recall from an interview that is not in the comics already is that the Indigos have a stork as their avatar.

Edit: I ... really don't want to debate every single little factoid about how I think and why. Can we all just accept that I'm "fairly certain" they'll be Indigo rings because of the panel I posted?
                  Gauntlet101010
                  Alpha-Lantern
                  Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 08-10-2008, 05:08 AM.

Comment

I'm not disputing the idea that they do not use rings. I actually used the same panel to think that they do have them.

I just don't want the ring collection thread to be derailed any longer

Comment

I'm not disputing the idea that they do not use rings. I actually used the same panel to think that they do have them.

your right post more rings people!
                      My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

wasn't there also a sort of black ops GL corps that used a sort of coin they swallowed? it projected purple energy i think

Comment

BuMp

I've made a few more rings. This ought to finish it all off, unless there's more I don't know about.

1) The first one is Alan Schott's from Secret Origins (the old comic series, not the new story arc). Normally, I don't consider different artistic interpretations of the same ring worth making, but I really like the look of this ring in particular. Sadly, I don't think I quite did it justice.

2) "I vow to kill Green lantern!" This ring is one I missed the first time and it's from issue 64 of Volume 2. It was made by Hector Hammond as a way to make Hal Jordan look foolish after his ring was "taken away" by the Guardians. It was powered by a lazer-something he made and was never seen again .... even though it worked.

3) Star Saphire's ring from Action Comics Weekly. I opted not to make this ring the first time because ... well, look at it. But in this form her gem had GL-power (the ability to make constructs), so... since I'm being strict about it...

4) Sinestro's origional yellow ring. The yellow GL-styles ring only appeared once as far as I can tell, and it's often replaced witht he jewed yellow ring ... but it's still a fairly important rendition of his ring, I think. So I made it.

5) A different rendition of the symbol ring from later in Volume 2. I just liked the way it looked. The regular GL ring is rarely drawn like this.

6) Stewart-Power Ring's ring from the recent issues of JLA. It might be vulnerable to purple. It's just different enough for me to want to make it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

sorry bout that wasn't my intention

Im makeing a full set in snd life atm Including a set so you can weild all 8 (think i may just keep that set for my self though

Comment

Man, Gauntlet101010, talk about being thorough!

I think the only thing you're missing now is the rings from the Silver Age crossover event DC did back in 2000... I've always heard that there were multi-colored rings in that story, including the first ever appearance of a blue power ring! Never read the story, though, so I can't confirm this. But I'm sure someone on this forum knows the story I'm referring to and can fill us in further.

Here's the latest addition to my collection, thanks to Limelantern fulfilling his end of a trade we began awhile ago:

Now I'm all set for the Baltimore Comic Con, and the (eventual) premiere of the Green Lantern Motion Picture!
                              Jack T. Chance
                              Really knows where his towel is!
                              Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 08-23-2008, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
                                Man, Gauntlet101010, talk about being thorough!

I think the only thing you're missing now is the rings from the Silver Age crossover event DC did back in 2000... I've always heard that there were multi-colored rings in that story, including the first ever appearance of a blue power ring! Never read the story, though, so I can't confirm this. But I'm sure someone on this forum knows the story I'm referring to and can fill us in further.

Here's the latest addition to my collection, thanks to Limelantern fulfilling his end of a trade we began awhile ago:

Now I'm all set for the Baltimore Comic Con, and the (eventual) premiere of the Green Lantern Motion Picture!
                                Nice. I like that they glow. You should make a whole LOT of them!

heh ... well, if I'm gonna make 8 rings, I may as well make every single "different" type of GL ring in existence, right? That's what I figure, anyhow.

I have the GL issue of "the Silver Age" and it wasn't anything special. I'd have to check up on it tho .... this is the first I've heard of this. But I have rules for what counts and what doesn't ... mirages or illusions don't really count. But I might do the ring anyhow if I think it'd be neat. And it might be neat.

I actually got to show this to Ethan Van Sciver and Patrick Gleason and they really dug it. Sadly it was right as Ethan was leaving, but it was still nice to show since I had no clue they'd be at Fan Expo.

Comment

Working...
                                X