Not Enough Kyle in GLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Enough Kyle in GLC

So I've been getting new books lately and I gotta say out of the Luke Ross penciled two-parter and what's happened so far in Sins of the Star Saphires I haven't had enough Kyle. I mean there is some development between he and Natu [something I really don't care for personally] but besides that he's just people furniture in the background. Guy's life has been getting a lot of panel time what with the bar, Ice, and his missions for the Corps.... but Kyle not nearly as much. The last issue had Kyle using the rough green monologue boxes and I thought it was gonna change his pace but of course it didn't last long at all.

He really needs another solo series again. I don't know why DC puts faith in books that are obviously gonna be on the chopping block 15-20 issues down the line if they even make it that far. Kyle is like the Nightwing of the GL family to me and he deserves better.

~KL~

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
    So I've been getting new books lately and I gotta say out of the Luke Ross penciled two-parter and what's happened so far in Sins of the Star Saphires I haven't had enough Kyle. I mean there is some development between he and Natu [something I really don't care for personally] but besides that he's just people furniture in the background. Guy's life has been getting a lot of panel time what with the bar, Ice, and his missions for the Corps.... but Kyle not nearly as much. The last issue had Kyle using the rough green monologue boxes and I thought it was gonna change his pace but of course it didn't last long at all.

He really needs another solo series again. I don't know why DC puts faith in books that are obviously gonna be on the chopping block 15-20 issues down the line if they even make it that far. Kyle is like the Nightwing of the GL family to me and he deserves better.

~KL~
    I donīt think the GLC is going to be on the chopping block, not with the sucess of SCW.

Comment

I'm not saying it's on the chopping block. I'm saying with all the new series that come and go and Kyle's current lack of spotlight in GLC a new solo would work perfect on all fronts. A Kyle series could certainly do better than a Firestorm, Shadow Pact, Checkmate, or Infinity Inc monthlies.

~KL~

Comment

At least a Kyle mini. Or a series of minis.

Comment

Kyle needs his own book and the GLC title needs to be about all the second string lantern's. Sodam, Arisia, Kilowog, Salaak, Iolande, Natu, etc...

Or they just need to balance out the main Green Lantern title and rotate story arc's including all and seperatley the individual 4 Earth Lantern's. It's the only way to be fair to all four and to the fans of all 4.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Kyle in a series of minis. He's Honor Guard now so some minis about that fact, story's where he has to go somewhere and cleans up another GL's mess (what Honor Guard is for after all) would be really cool. If they sold well enough it might even lead to his own solo book again.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

I'm sorry, but I can't afford to buy 4-5 different books so that every name in the corps can have sufficient panel time. I understand everyone has a favorite, but even a favorite has to step out of the emerald stage light every now and then so someone else can have a solo.

I'm not saying anyone is doing this, but don't hate another character just because they take the spotlight away from your favorite. You end up missing out on some great stuff doing that.

Comment

In defense of DC, six months from now, there will probably be Kyle specials, Guy Specials, John specials... Do you see where I'm going with this? Kyle had a significant arc in SCW, and seeing how all of his girlfriends are pretty much dead, you don't think that will come back to haunt him in Blackest Night?

Comment

Originally posted by xionice View Post
                  In defense of DC, six months from now, there will probably be Kyle specials, Guy Specials, John specials... Do you see where I'm going with this? Kyle had a significant arc in SCW, and seeing how all of his girlfriends are pretty much dead, you don't think that will come back to haunt him in Blackest Night?
                  The man has an excellent point.

Comment

There's definitely not enough Kyle anymore. Probably why I look forward less and less to the Corps book. Still more enjoyable than GL, I wager.

Comment

Well what people have to realize is that Kyle can't be in a ton of GLC. I mean it's an ensemble book. I'm just glad Kyle is in as much as he is. Compared to how much Isamot, Vath, and even Kilowog have been in it lately, Kyle's in it a ton.

Comment

Thing is, that Kyle and Guy are no longer considered Earth Lanterns. The two lanterns of sector 2814, who get all of the attention in GL, are Hal and John. Kyle and Guy are Honor Guard, which means that they pop up any where. And so far GLC has been doing a good job using the two of them as a mobile combat team.

Comment

Originally posted by GL_2814 View Post
                          Thing is, that Kyle and Guy are no longer considered Earth Lanterns. The two lanterns of sector 2814, who get all of the attention in GL, are Hal and John. Kyle and Guy are Honor Guard, which means that they pop up any where. And so far GLC has been doing a good job using the two of them as a mobile combat team.
                          I'd agree with that summation.

Comment

I knew that would happen as soon as they announced that Guy and Kyle would team up. The attention is always going to go to Guy, and Kyle is always going to be his straight man.

The pairing makes no sense. It was like, "Well, Ion bombed, so let's put Kyle in the GLC."

Kyle belongs in an updated and ongoing Hard Traveling Heroes title with Connor, IMO. And of course, much better done than the mini of a few years back.

Kyle and Connor teamd in that title and Guy and John teamed in the GLC would make the most sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                              "Well, Ion bombed,
                              It didn't, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X