Alan Scott: Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Scott: Dead

Sure we know nothing for sure, but it seems highly probable that our beloved will die in Final Crisis, I say this for three reasons
    A) his prominence in Final Crisis, something that hasn't been seen in a very long time in comics
    B) Comments in Final Crisis as "My Green Flame is running out
    C) His death would be a perfect catalyst for the creation of Hal's and Ollie's Justice League, which we know will start when the JLA doesn't react correctly to the murder of a hero
    This combines with Alan's old age and trajectory makes me believe Final Crisis will be his end. Sure, I don't want it as is my favorite hero of them all, but it seems highly likely. So I want to pose two questions, if he were to die in a heroic way, like it seems to be the case, how would you feel as his trajectory ended, not for a bad plot twist but as an end to his 60+ years carrer? Also, what should be done with the Starheart? Should it die with him, revive Jade, go to Kyle or have someone new find it?

I myself don't want to the amazing red, green & purple costume lost forever...

Originally posted by IndigoSentinel View Post
    C) His death would be a perfect catalyst for the creation of Hal's and Ollie's Justice League, which we know will start when the JLA doesn't react correctly to the murder of a hero
    True. And this is possible. And I've been saying for a while they might as well just give Alan a big heroic sacrifice since no one at DC seems interested in doing much with him here in the present.

Comment

DC has never really been very interested in using the character in any capacity besides the occasional one shot since the appearance of Hal. Even in JSA he is only there for maybe a page or two due to the ginormous cast. (The same issue happens to Hawkman too)

Who do you think his ring would go to?

Comment

Personally I think this is whats going to happen. I have suspected for a while Alan was going to be killed. (also allows his use as a Black Lantern) As to what happens to the starheart....I would like to see Kyle get it honestly but I think that if it is passed on it will be to a new character. Kyle's role in GLC is to important to remove him now before Blackest Night.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Sadly, I think the same.

What should happen to the Star Heart and his Ring? Because of the nature of Final Crisis...they should merge, along with his battery, and travel back in time ending up being the catalyst for his predecessor, thus setting up the "endless loop" dynamic, so Alan Scott will be immortalized as a necessary character in the DCU.

OR...Alan Scott will die, and The Sentinel will be re-born
          sigpic
          Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Better, simpler, and cleaner just to have Alan go out in a magnificent blaze of glory... atomized, even his ring obliterated.

Comment

And if it was taking place in any other event, I could see that. But we all know "Time is broken, the multiverse is collapsing in on itself" so what will deaths even mean during this time? Perhaps nothing...perhaps everything...perhaps the characters will return later. Can't know at this juncture. I'm just not expecting the "cliche ending" with this event, I think it will be something far more confounding and twisted, in a good way. How that affects the deaths of characters in this series remains to be seen.
              sigpic
              Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

DC better NOT kill Alan Scott...I may have to aget a posse together and storm the DC gates with pitchforks and torches! Seriously, there's no reason why DC can't just continue to use him in the JSA. He barely gets any panel time in JSA, and that's a huge shame. Jay, Carter, and Alan are the big three of the JSA, and should always have a prominent place in that group. Sadly, the team has about 97 members all jockeying for a panel every issue.

Anyway, I'd much prefer they don't kill Alan off. DC has very few legit golden age heroes left to use in stories. And if he was to be killed off, it offends me that it might be in this turkey of a mini series. Final Crisis is not of the quality and caliber that say, CoIE was. This book is more like Eclipso: Darkness Within, Bloodlines, or OWAW, where any deaths they have are only sad in the fact that they had to happen in lesser stories.

As far as GL's ring, lantern, and starheart go, I think it'd be best if they were NOT passed on. Anything DC does with them is destined to piss fans off, or not stick for the long haul. I'd really hate to see Alan's gimmicks, which lasted almost seventy years, to last two or three years with one character, and ayear or two with another. Alan is too timeless to let that happen. Think of the huge trainwreck Dr Fate has been since DC did away with Kent Nelson. Let the starheart absorb the ring and lantern back into itself, and go back into space and continue it's journey...and not follow up on it again unless they are willing to revive Alan.

Comment

If they do end up killing Alan, and his power DOES seek a new bearer, I think it'd be cool if it went ot Obsidian. I'd like to see how the Shadow Realm reacted to the Starheart being joined with it. The light and the darkness... But, that would mean Alan would have to die, which I think he will. It's all too likely. Everything IndigoSentinel has said makes perfect sense, and I agree with it 100%.

Comment

I dont think dc would kill him off.. But hey you never know, just know this if he did die, I dont think it would be forever.

I mean look at barry allen- took dc over 20 years to bring him back.... sooooo
                    HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

Yeah... but Alan is old.

Comment

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                        Yeah... but Alan is old.

but then so is 1/4 of the jsa
                        HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

Yeah, but ALSO then, look at the proof AGAINST Alan.

Comment

Imagine him dying and becoming a Black Lantern soo after...

Ainīt gonna happen. Would PO alot of fans.

Comment

Pax... you DO realize you just gave Didio another idea, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X