X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All online solicitations will be later than usual

https://www.newsarama.com/43154-diam...n-release.html

We'll have to get used to it.

I'm not seeing what that extra 2 days will buy the industry. Supposedly to help keep the focus on selling the product for the month you are in, but what difference will two days really make? Do they think that extra Wednesday will make readers buy titles in their LCS that day that they wouldn't because they have seen solicits juat before that? I suppose cancellations will be announced a few days later and possibly some readers might not jump off a ship they don't know yet is sinking? Strange.

Comment

I only use the Previews web site the Sunday before new comics Wednesday to make sure I have a full list, but I do know guys (and I'm sure Michael knows more) who stand there on Wednesday with the Previews catalogue and make a future list for the LCS manager.

Comment

I do that at my local shop. They pull out a copy and mark off stuff I want. It was always useful, especially in my heyday or peak years of spending money on the hobby.

Comment

I don't think this is about sales in store.

But the current deadline for retailers to send their orders to Diamond is after the solicitations for the month after that are posted online. Which has been a bit of a help for me to gauge interest in a book.

But I guess Diamond doesn't want that. And, yeah, I've had customers in store before the new Previews came out that wanted to add stuff to or remove titles from their pull lists for the next month when there were still days left to upload the previous order. Now I'm not the most organized retailer, but I write in huge letter at the top of an order what month they're for. So when it comes to adding all customers up and adding however many copies for the pull lists, I know not to look at next month's orders.

And even if I did, how is that a huge problem for Diamond?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post

But the current deadline for retailers to send their orders to Diamond is after the solicitations for the month after that are posted online. Which has been a bit of a help for me to gauge interest in a book.

But I guess Diamond doesn't want that.
            Ahh. Now I'm getting what Diamond is after. And yeah, it seems more like taking away a tool for retailers.

Comment

Working...
            X