The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #301
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master
 
JohnnyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lexington, KY (gay mayor, biatches)
Posts: 13,805
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Its a movie that you have to see to enjoy. Its marketing should have zero affect on the film itself. Its a film 4years in the making, let those CGI effects prove themselves.
it won't matter, Indiana Jones 4 ruined me on filmmakers using CGI as a special effects crutch. Either make it live action with sparingly used CGI or just make it completely animated. His N'avi don't look complex enough to where CGI was completely needed everywhere. The magic of movie making is just lost on me when I see CGI.

Special Effects used to be something, but CGI requires people like you and me just sitting behind a computer moving polygons around. I just can't support that, even if Cameron is directing. Which is what hurts most of all not seeing this in theaters.
__________________


Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:04 PM   #302
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,771
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
Oh please, stop being so defensive about the dam thing. And the Navi´s "holier than tho" stance annoys me to no end.

And being upset by natives with bow and arrows beating military with machine and weapons is dumb?
In this context, hell yes it is.

I'm not defensive, I could care less if you talk shit about a film you haven't seen based of a script written 15 years ago. I'm just replying topic and the less than reasonable excuse(s) for not watching this movie.

I'm going to see the movie the first chance I get and I look forward to the 20min final battle sequence most of all.
__________________
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:07 PM   #303
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard
 
Orion Pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
In this context, hell yes it is.

I'm not defensive, I could care less if you talk shit about a film you haven't seen based of a script written 15 years ago. I'm just replying topic and the less than reasonable excuse(s) for not watching this movie.

I'm going to see the movie the first chance I get and I look forward to the 20min final battle sequence most of all.
Oh I will watch it. Probably download it from the torrent sites, since I rather spend the money of the ticket on cigars. I would hope the humans napalm the fuck out of those smurfs tho. Shame it won´t happen. And you seem to care alot if I talk about it, or else would not reply to my comments.

And no, complaing how the aliens defeat the humans is not dumb. The way they defeat the humans is.

Seems to me I will be rooting for the bad guys in this.
__________________
Orion Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #304
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,771
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
it won't matter, Indiana Jones 4 ruined me on filmmakers using CGI as a special effects crutch. Either make it live action with sparingly used CGI or just make it completely animated. His N'avi don't look complex enough to where CGI was completely needed everywhere. The magic of movie making is just lost on me when I see CGI.

Special Effects used to be something, but CGI requires people like you and me just sitting behind a computer moving polygons around. I just can't support that, even if Cameron is directing. Which is what hurts most of all not seeing this in theaters.
Dude. The effects in this movie aren't hardly a crutch. Its the sole of the movie. Cameron said he didn't want to make the film until he believed the tech was available to make it. This movie is just about the actors as it is the beautiful scenery. If you're holding out for blu ray, you're still doing yourself an injustice in the long run. Its not IMAX, its certainly not 3D(which I hear is a must see part of the film), and its just not same.
__________________
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #305
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,771
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
Oh I will watch it. Probably download it from the torrent sites, since I rather spend the money of the ticket on cigars. .
I hope someone walks into your house and steals the food out of your fridge.
__________________
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #306
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master
 
JohnnyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lexington, KY (gay mayor, biatches)
Posts: 13,805
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Its not IMAX, its certainly not 3D
that's not selling it, I can't stand 3D movies. That aspect of viewing films does nothing for me. It's nothing but charging people $2 extra for worthless pieces of plastic that they're making profit off of just so certain visual elements 'pop' more than others.

Maybe if there's a day I don't have to wear/pay for the glasses and 3D is just intrinsic in the film itself I'll sign up. Until that day I steer clear of 3D non-sense.
__________________


Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #307
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard
 
Orion Pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I hope someone walks into your house and steals the food out of your fridge.
Meh..I like eating out anyways.

Nice gunship designs tho. I will smile each time a Navi is killed.
__________________
Orion Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #308
BLUELCMISHRA
Supreme Dalek Overlord
 
BLUELCMISHRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,171
Default

*runs to computer to go on fandango to buy tickets* I cant wait for avatar but before i see that i have tix this thursday to see Rifftrax: xmas shorts. If you dont know what rifftrax is and you loved MST3K you gotta go check it out Mike Nelson at his best
__________________
The Daleks you have the ability to instill great Fear welcome to the Sinestro Corps.
Response--- Wel---come? No We must Ex--ter---min---ate Sinestro

BLUELCMISHRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:28 PM   #309
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,771
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
that's not selling it, I can't stand 3D movies. That aspect of viewing films does nothing for me. It's nothing but charging people $2 extra for worthless pieces of plastic that they're making profit off of just so certain visual elements 'pop' more than others.

Maybe if there's a day I don't have to wear/pay for the glasses and 3D is just intrinsic in the film itself I'll sign up. Until that day I steer clear of 3D non-sense.
Sucks to be you.

I do agree that the marketing of this movie(especially on slyFOX) has been extremely annoying.
__________________
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #310
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master
 
JohnnyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lexington, KY (gay mayor, biatches)
Posts: 13,805
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I do agree that the marketing of this movie(especially on slyFOX) has been extremely annoying.
I saw it when watching the Green Bay Packers Game. They had Terry Bradshaw's head slapped on top of one of the N'avi's body. Then the stupid Fox football robot tackled him. If it hadn't been so stupid, it might have been impressive.

I and at the same time.
__________________


Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #311
Bruce Castle
Guardian of the Universe
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Holly's Underwear
Posts: 22,262
Default

I'll see Avatar. Hopefully on IMAX. But I don't have high hopes. Not at all.
__________________
The Best Comic Site Ever!!!
Bruce Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #312
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,221
Default

i'll be seeing Avatar too (in 2D i don't have the money anymore the all that 3D b/s, also i've already seen it ie Battle for Terra) but d@mn they are push it on people the hype alone will probably be the death of this movie
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:19 PM   #313
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles
 
Marvelous Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 20,112
Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy
Default

It's James Cameron. It wont suck
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:20 PM   #314
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard
 
Orion Pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongreen2814 View Post
It's James Cameron. It wont suck
Aside from the aparent hippy, anti-military message...
__________________
Orion Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #315
Bruce Castle
Guardian of the Universe
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Holly's Underwear
Posts: 22,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongreen2814 View Post
It's James Cameron. It wont suck
No, but it most likely won't be great.
__________________
The Best Comic Site Ever!!!
Bruce Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:35 PM   #316
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
Aside from the aparent hippy, anti-military message...
don't forget anti-humans too (because as we all know we're just evil SOBs when it comes to aliens and other worlds )
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #317
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,221
Default

*double post, sorry*
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #318
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard
 
Orion Pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
don't forget anti-humans too (because as we all know we're just evil SOBs when it comes to aliens and other worlds )
That too. it´s kind of a cliché.
__________________
Orion Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #319
Bruce Castle
Guardian of the Universe
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Holly's Underwear
Posts: 22,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
That too. it´s kind of a cliché.
Saying something's a cliché is cliché.
__________________
The Best Comic Site Ever!!!
Bruce Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #320
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard
 
Orion Pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Castle View Post
Saying something's a cliché is cliché.
You have a point with that post?
__________________
Orion Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:07 AM   #321
Zan_Black_Lantern
Senior Corps Member
 
Zan_Black_Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Abq, New Mexico
Posts: 806
Default

I'm probably gona go see Avatar strictly for the fact its a sci-fi flick and its James Cameron.
Zan_Black_Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:07 AM   #322
Zan_Black_Lantern
Senior Corps Member
 
Zan_Black_Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Abq, New Mexico
Posts: 806
Default

I'm probably gona go see Avatar strictly for the fact its a sci-fi flick and its James Cameron.
Zan_Black_Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:11 AM   #323
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles
 
Marvelous Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 20,112
Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
don't forget anti-humans too (because as we all know we're just evil SOBs when it comes to aliens and other worlds )
yes we are
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:30 AM   #324
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard
 
Orion Pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongreen2814 View Post
yes we are
Better us than them.. No species survives on the universe by being nice.
__________________
Orion Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:15 AM   #325
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongreen2814 View Post
yes we are
proof it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
Better us than them.. No species survives on the universe by being nice.
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump

Last edited by IonFan; 12-15-2009 at 04:52 PM.
IonFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.