Why has kyle had so many costumes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why has kyle had so many costumes ?

hay i wanted to know why kyle rayner had so many costumes yet i swear hal jordan is the only lantern who has the same costume even as other lantern versions
    fear for the win

jordans had variation of the same costume, and he's not very imaginative.

Kyle's an artist and likes to be creative with shit.

Comment

I was just thinking about this the other day. I would be changing mine all the time.

Comment

Because he's FABULOUS!!!

Comment

Haha! Poor and fabulous? I wanna look cool, cant I?! Glow in dark armour!
          Let Ther Be LIGHT! Evil Beware My Powers!!!

Comment

They explained it years ago I think when Kyle said he just gets bored with the same thing and likes to change it up.

The real world answer is that editors often seemed to do it to mark a change in direction for him. Until he became Ion, he had the same costume. Then he reignited the battery and changed costume again, then he became Ion a second time, then he became one of the Corps instead of the last. Virtually every costume chance has accompanied a change in the focus of the character as he relates to the GL mythos as a whole. That's how I see it anyway.
            Sam
            Kyle's Nude Model
            Last edited by Sam; 12-25-2010, 04:15 AM. Reason: grammar correction

Comment

what ^^^^ said
              Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

thanks for all the great answers keep them up i love to hear them all
                fear for the win

Comment

Artists like to change up characters looks all the time. Kyle's not the only character to go through different variations.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                    Artists like to change up characters looks all the time. Kyle's not the only character to go through different variations.

Everyone in the 90's had a costume change.

Comment

When Kyle was introduced, his creators were asked to make him as different from Hal as possible. Jordan's sales were atrocious despite great stories by Gerard Jones, and that's why they wanted to distance themselves as far as possible from what had come before. Later creative teams couldn't decide if Kyle should be more like Hal or not, and so they switched him back and forth.

Comment

I always thought it was because he was the GL Barbie....

www.gothamsfinest.org

Comment

That's because you're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by lantern1055 View Post
                            I always thought it was because he was the GL Barbie....
                            i frickin love that answer keep up with the answers again i love rading them
                            fear for the win

Comment

As much as I frown on the Alley Rat, his original costume remains my favorite. My only issues with it were [1] that it was treated as so distinctive of him compared to Hal's breed when there were a number of radical versions worn by Corpsmen, and [2] that it's insignia looked more like a stylized yin yang rather than lantern.

And, now that I've given Kyle props, I must restore balance... Rawke FTW!
                              Bat22
                              Guy's Drinking Buddy
                              Last edited by Bat22; 01-02-2011, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X