Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
    I prefer 2.
    1 has the better story.

Comment

• Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
      1 has the better story.
      Again, I prefer 2.

Comment

1 has the better story.

Meh, I'd argue otherwise, but I suppose it all boils down to personal taste.

Comment

• Originally posted by kazzar View Post
          Yes. It is definitely worth playing. It is really worth playing. You must play it. It is one of the BEST SERIES EVER!!!!

Despite what people say, I loved the ending to ME3. I think it was brilliant. And there are moments that made me cry, I will admit. Especially Legion and Thane.
          Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
          To be fair, for a while I got by on the Mass Effect: Genesis. It's a backstory comic originally released for those on PlayStation who didn't have immediate access to the first Mass Effect game. It helps bridge the gap between the first and second games, giving you a synopsis of the first game as well as allowing you to make several key choices you otherwise wouldn't be able to make without having played the first game (Trust me, the default gameplay choices without having played the first game set you up for failure).

That's another thing Mass Effect relies heavily upon: choice and consequence. Nearly every decision you make as the protagonist throughout the first couple of titles comes back around in some way or another, the fallout totally dependent on how you handled the situation back then. It's one of the reasons I love the game so much, that you get to see how your decisions shape the game.
          Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
          Damn all of you guys. Now, I have to go to a game store and dig up ME1 before I can play ME2.

I have an extra brand new, sealed copy of ME2 that I won from SDCC a couple of years ago. Anyone interested?

Comment

• Purely out of interest, of course, but How much for it?

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
            When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

• I'd love it but I sadly don't have any last gen consoles any more

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                Obviously, it's one hell of a great trilogy.

Comment

Obviously, it's one hell of a great trilogy.

Obviously.

Comment

• ME2 doesn't have the soul that ME1 had, the same with ME3. The action oriented gameplay made for a more accessible experience, but there were such little storytelling elements used in ME1 that were completely scrapped in the sequels and it never IMO met the quality of the narrative in the first ME game. Instead of focusing on the quality of the story and allowing that to be the drive, they changed the gameplay up on ME2 and then added the multiplayer component in ME3. Both games' stories lacked in a lot of ways because of this.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• The Tomb Raider sequel is an Xbox One exclusive, I no longer have any feelings of regret for trading in my PS4

Comment

• Fuck you Square Enix and fuck you Microsoft.

Comment

• Comment

1 has the better story.
                            i liked the story for both 1 and 2. 3 was a hit and miss for me. i really want them to reboot 3
                            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                              i liked the story for both 1 and 2. 3 was a hit and miss for me. i really want them to reboot 3

I disagree. Mass Effect 3 was perfect right up until Shepard takes a ride up to the Citadel. From then on, if they rebooted that, I'd be okay with it. Everything else was pitch perfect. I felt the weight of the storyline, the crushing despair of the odds of success, every character had a moment to shine... I thought it was wonderfully executed.

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                                I disagree. Mass Effect 3 was perfect right up until Shepard takes a ride up to the Citadel. From then on, if they rebooted that, I'd be okay with it. Everything else was pitch perfect. I felt the weight of the storyline, the crushing despair of the odds of success, every character had a moment to shine... I thought it was wonderfully executed.
                                that whole ending thing wasnt the issue for me at all. i just think with having to obtain assets they couldve done something 1000% better with that instead of being a cut scene when you go back to earth. plus i wanted leviathan to be more fleshed out because thats a key part to the entire series.

depending on how this new mass effect is and looks i may pick it up for the pc. im done with console gaming.
                                TazzMission
                                Guardian of the Universe
                                Last edited by TazzMission; 08-12-2014, 09:48 PM.
                                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Working...
                                X