• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rambo: Last Blood (2019)

"I told them you like to dig and are a little crazy."

Office (2015)

"What's your problem?"

Neither the British nor the American sitcom, but a Korean murder mystery/thriller.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
    Hairspray (1988) ... I wouldn't rate this as highly as Cry-Baby, but it's definitely a good film.
    Yeah, I bought Cry-Baby, but I didn't find this as fun and would probably only pick it up if it were really cheap. Haven't seen the remake.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 10-03-2019, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• I'm tempted to watch the remake just because Travolta and Walken are in it, but after seeing the original, I am definitely not bumping it to the top of my list.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Deepwater Horizon (2016)

"Hope ain't a tactic, Don."

Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018)

"Hope is not a strategy."
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 10-05-2019, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018)

"Hope is not a strategy."
          Good movie. Cavill was a beast in that.

Comment

• Transformers: The Movie (1986)

Just one quote? Dude, I can recite the whole movie.
            "Megatron, is that you?"

Why did I watch it on a silly tablet while I have 3 or 4 different versions of the same movie? Because.

Comment

• 9 1/2 Weeks (1986)

"Every time I see you, you're buying a chicken."

MST3K: The Incredibly Strange Creatures who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies
              (1964/1997)

"If you lived here, you'd be depressed by now."

Forgot how funny this episode was.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
              Good movie. Cavill was a beast in that.
              Yeah. It was pretty good, but they are kind of running together for me and these big-budget action flicks are getting so over the top (like no way either guy should have been walking after that multi-stage helicopter crash).
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 10-11-2019, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• seen Joker last night...................... i didn't like it, it was a slow burn, almost no action in it (yes i know it wasn't an action movie), and that ending makes it look like nothing in the movie really happened

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• MST3K: Yongary (1967/2017)

"Yongary is the kind of monster you get at the 99 cent store."

It: Chapter 2 (2019)

"I am the eater of worlds!"

Both my family and I actually liked this one more than part 1. It felt like the adult part stuck closer to the book (though, admittedly, it has been many years since I read it). And it was cool to see it in the town that was the model for Derry (Bangor, ME).
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 10-12-2019, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Teen Beach Movie (2013)

"He acts all British, but he's really from Pittsburgh."

Two surfer teens are hit by a rogue wave during a storm and wash up in a 1960s surf-and-turf-war musical. But things don't go as scripted when the musical's leads fall for them instead of each other.

My dad is a fan of this and its sequel, though I haven't even put the second onto my Netflix list.

This was a nice take on the song-and-dance/Romeo-and-Juliet, an amusing throwback and riff on older rom-coms. I enjoyed seeing Barry Bostwick again, though I think the ending didn't need to have the film's cast coming forward into the present reality (hopefully that isn't the sequel's premise). The musical numbers were actually fairly decent and the scientist was funny, but the surfer hunk was a bit too thick-headed even for a parody. I did like the whole "Rodents" gag and the one chick who wants her hair super-tall and is told to avoid ceiling fans (and Mack, the film's female lead, looked good as a biker chick when they dressed her up). I kind of liked Sea Cat, he had a nice name and the Angry Birds joke.

I also thought the name "Wet Side Story" was very amusing, if a little punny.

Comment

• Village of the Damned (1960)

"You have to be taught to leave us alone."

Children of the Damned (1964)

"What's it all about?"

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                      Teen Beach Movie (2013) ...
                      Never heard of this, but now I want to find it.
                      Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 10-07-2019, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Last film you saw, vol. 6

In theaters, Joker was last film I saw, but I just finished a short film on YouTube, titled Lobo Paramilitary Christmas Special. Both films were very good.

Joker was a slow burner, but had to be in order to do the character justice. It almost reminded me of an indie or foreign film.

Lobo was under 20 minutes, but stayed true to the character, and was a cool adaptation of the comic one shot of the same title.

Sent from my throne while dropping the kids off at the pool 💩

Comment

• Hellbaby (2013)

"I think you're safer here than in any of the murder-free places we've ever lived at."

Meh, had some good jokes, but not great.

Cat People (1982)

"Only you can stop this killing. You've got to make love with me."
                          Space Cop
                          The Dandy
                          Last edited by Space Cop; 10-12-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            Children of the Damned (1964)

"What's it all about?"

Good Song by Iron Maiden, which was based off of this film

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• The Tripper (2006)

"But I'm a Republican!"

David Arquette's one and so-far only directorial feature. A nut with a beef against hippies dons a Reagan mask and hunts them down slasher style when a festival comes to town. The film actually pokes fun at the hippies too, but you can see that the thrust of the satire is aimed squarely on the GOP (and Reagan and W. specifically). Worth a watch, but not great. Thomas Jane plays the local sheriff; Paul Reubens the event organizer; and Jason Mewes one of the main stoners.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre the Next Generation (1994)

"Well, first, I'm gonna kill you. It ain't no f***in' biggie."

This divisive entry in the series turned 25 yesterday.

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                              Good Song by Iron Maiden, which was based off of this film
                              Didn't know that one.
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 10-12-2019, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• I'm very sure that TCM was the first one I saw, late at night on a mini-TV/radio my family had. It was so weird I couldn't even comprehend that it was supposed to be a horror film.

Comment

Working...
                                X