ATENTION!!! ALL JOHN STEWART and LANTERN FANS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo.

speaking honestly, BRB is simply the better fighter than John, and if Im to be *completely honest* here Id prolly have voted for him too...... :/

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I have no idea. I've never seen Beta Ray for me than a couple panels. I'm not a Marvel fan and I never read much of Thor when I did read Marvel. I just voted for John because I'd always vote for a GL.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
        It's over, and John lost! Who in the world would vote for Beta Ray Bill?
        Me.

Comment

I think that's a bannable offense here.

Comment

I'm strongly considering it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
              Yo.

speaking honestly, BRB is simply the better fighter than John, and if Im to be *completely honest* here Id prolly have voted for him too...... :/

Tazer
              Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              I have no idea. I've never seen Beta Ray for me than a couple panels. I'm not a Marvel fan and I never read much of Thor when I did read Marvel. I just voted for John because I'd always vote for a GL.
              Originally posted by myuserid View Post
              Me.
              Some things with which John would have to contend:

*Bill has usually been written as stronger than Thor. His close attacks *might* get through John's shields.

*Stormbeaker can project lightning like MJolnir, and it can absorb other energies. Could it negate Lantern energy?

*Bill is an expertly-trained fighter in addition to his physical and energy tools.

All of this would be A LOT for John process and enact countermeasures in a random meeting. If he knew Bill and had time to prepare, it might be a different story.
              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                ...*Stormbeaker can project lightning like MJolnir, and it can absorb other energies. Could it negate Lantern energy?
                1979? No. 2005? No. Today? I think a good slap can negate the rings.

Comment

Yo.

^^^ =

&

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

1979? No. 2005? No. Today? I think a good slap can negate the rings.
                    I'm with Tazer. Good one, bro.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I think that's a bannable offense here.
                      Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
                      I'm strongly considering it!

Comment

John is up against Nova this week:
                        http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ba...n/1100-151435/

Cast your votes for GL!
                        ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

GL is losing again. I'm no Marvel expert. My limited understanding suggests that there is not really any realistic way that Nova would beat GL. Is this just people voting for Marvel vs. DC, and the specific characters don't matter? Or am I missing something due to my relative unfamiliarity with the character Nova?

Comment

I would have to agree. I read some Nova back in the day and while he wasn't a total pushover, he wasn't at lantern level either.

Comment

Yo.

Id be willing to bet this is mostly votes being cast along company lines, cuz the NCs in general dont compare to GLs, and most ppl tend to regard RR operating on the same power lvl he was during Annihilation, even tho he'd long since ceded it back to Worldmind's control.....

Tazer
                              Tazer
                              That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                              Last edited by Tazer; 02-24-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                                Is this just people voting for Marvel vs. DC, and the specific characters don't matter? Or am I missing something due to my relative unfamiliarity with the character Nova?
                                Yeah, that definitely factors into it. Some people were really upset that John beat Magneto, and there wasn't a huge difference in percentage for that one.
                                ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Working...
                                X