FLASHCHAT

General
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #1776
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
im just glad they got rid of that person because they werent making any friends over there.
The parallels are mindblowing.

Anyway, Cylon, some of the best old school Game Boy games are available on the 3DS eshop. Super Mario Land 1&2, Metroid 2, Link's Awakening, Donkey Kong, Tetris...
Old 02-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #1777
Willpower
The Gunslinger

The tech geek in me is going to force me to buy a PS Vita. Even though a couple days ago I got one of these bad boys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJcyNXkTbrk

(If anyone wants to refresh my memory on how to add youtube vids...I'm a bit rusty it seems

Say cheese!

Last edited by Willpower; 02-05-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #1778
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

its: [YOUTUBE]YT-link goes in here[/YOUTUBE]

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #1779
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Or you click on "Go Advanced" instead of "Post Quick Reply". In the advanced Reply window, there's a button for embedding YouTube clips.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #1780
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

SO when does Mass Effect 15 come out?
Old 02-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #1781
CYLON (13)
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willpower View Post
The tech geek in me is going to force me to buy a PS Vita. Even though a couple days ago I got one of these bad boys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJcyNXkTbrk

(If anyone wants to refresh my memory on how to add youtube vids...I'm a bit rusty it seems
You have to click on the "share" button and copy and paste the new address you'll be given into your address bar (where it says: www.thegreenlantercorps.com yatta, yatta, yatta.). When the video reloads, you'll be given yet another new address via the (same) address bar at the top.

THEN, you come here and click the "Youtube" button. Do as the above stated and place the addy between the tags.

BUT, you must remove (i.e. delete) the final portion of the addy. The part that will say "&feature=youtu.be". After that's deleted, you're good to go.

It sounds like a tedious task, but it's fairly quick.
"Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
*Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*
Old 02-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #1782
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

i been thinking alot on mmos lately. what franchise could work as one?

i kind of wonder how a farscape one could work if possible

also i played sc 5 lastnight on the ps3 at a tournament .
goda say it was fun and the guy i was was ezio from assassins creed.

i would probably pick this up as a greatest hits when it gos down in price because i hate the idea of paying 60 bucks on a game ill be tired of in a month

also expect a review from me on kingdomes of amalur reckoning because im picking that beast up in 2 days

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.

Last edited by TazzMission; 02-05-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #1783
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Final Fantasy X HD news
Old 02-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #1784
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
SO when does Mass Effect 15 come out?
heh if it gets to that number ill pass.

and that go's for any game really. in fact i was talking with some friends ( yes i have friends hard to believe right?)

they were saying come next call of duty for this year no ones going to buy it mainly for the fact that nothing has changed at all.

i mean really what can you build on for a franchise that releases a game every november?

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #1785
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Nothing barely changes at all in every Madden, MLB, or NBA game and people still buy them
Old 02-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #1786
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Bowser kidnaps Princess Peach. Mario rescues her. And the franchise is still going strong.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #1787
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

That too is true. However at least in those the gameplay, powerups, costumes, mini games etc. tend to vary more.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #1788
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
Bowser kidnaps Princess Peach. Mario rescues her. And the franchise is still going strong.
thats cuz the ppl who gravitate towards those games be naught more than sheep I tells ya..................SHEEP!!!

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #1789
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Nothing barely changes at all in every Madden, MLB, or NBA game and people still buy them
well with the rumor i posted about assassins creed in the old gamer thread it may end up as a yearly release as well.

not going to say its omg terrible but i just dont want a game that hasnt really been built on ya know?

Old 02-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #1790
Tazer

Yo.

dont I-cafes run on hourly-rate usage meters?? if thats so, Im wondering how much this guy paid in advance for: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Gam...pic-39275.html

Quote:
Gamer Dies While Playing League Of Legends, Is It That Epic?

Tazer

Quote:
Old 02-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #1791
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
well with the rumor i posted about assassins creed in the old gamer thread it may end up as a yearly release as well.

not going to say its omg terrible but i just dont want a game that hasnt really been built on ya know?
Or ya know...if the formula ain't broke don't fix it. With hwo fickle fans are they will clamor for changes then end up hating them anyway or hate it because it's not the changes that they wanted. Be careful what you wish for.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #1792
projectile
Sidekick

Anyone download the Twisted Metal demo off of psn? Its awesome.

Quote:
they were saying come next call of duty for this year no ones going to buy it mainly for the fact that nothing has changed at all.
I bet people will still buy it and it'll still make a lot of money.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci
Old 02-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #1793
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Or ya know...if the formula ain't broke don't fix it. With hwo fickle fans are they will clamor for changes then end up hating them anyway or hate it because it's not the changes that they wanted. Be careful what you wish for.
so where do you stand on call of duty because alot of people i have talked to said something new needs to happen or it should just stop.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #1794
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I have only just started playing COD so I am not as bored with it as others. BUt unlike others if I don't like the direction a game went I just don't buy instead of trying to cry and complain at the makers of the game. If I don't like what you came out with then I went spend money on it. Not exactly rocket science and exactly the reason why I do not own Resident 4 & 5. They are in no way shape or form bad games and the changes in them are good and it works for the type of game they went with, it just wasn't for me.

The mentality of "I hate this games or product so it should be completely" is fucking stupid. Just because you and a fraction of others hate said game or product doesn't mean there isn't and equal fraction of people who do like it. I wanna smack people who say that shit.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #1795
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Sony Entertainment Network To Replace PSN Accounts

Sony announced that PlayStation Network (PSN) accounts will now be renamed Sony Entertainment Network accounts as of February 7th, coinciding with an update to its Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Other than the name change, there does not seem to be any other changes to service, so rest assured PlayStation fans, all is well online for gaming and PSN as a name should still exist.

VIDEO: PlayStation Vita System Preview
If anything, the rebranding of accounts is perfectly timed for Sony's U.S. launch of the PlayStation Vita, which is aimed not only at gamers but as a cross-media device that offers music and movies as well. In a statement issued by Sony, the company shared:

This transition is based on Sony’s goal to enhance its unique digital entertainment offering. As a series of these activities Sony started last September, PlayStation Network will be aligned with “Sony Entertainment Network.” This helps us get closer to our goal of establishing a global comprehensive network platform of services across games, movies, music and more, all accessible from one convenient account.

PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita system owners will be the only ones experiencing the update. PlayStation Portable (PSP) owners will not receive an update for these devices at this time. Sony Entertainment Network accounts will also enable access to Sony's Music Unlimited, Video Unlimited and PlayMemories Online (currently called Personal Space).

Worthy of panic? No big deal? What do you think of the name change?

Feel free to follow me on Twitter or if you have something you'd like to share, get in touch via E-mail.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...-psn-accounts/

Old 02-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #1796
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Kingdoms of Amalur hides seven quests behind online pass

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is a single-player game, but that hasn't stopped Electronic Arts from cramming an online pass into the game. We knew the pass was going to hide the game's Mass Effect tie-in armor, but now we know that it's holding seven full quests to ransom, too.

This is what greeted me when I opened my review copy, anyway. No manual or anything, just an online pass. Also, the code on my pass is currently invalid, so I cannot get to the content and see what it's like. The sheet tells me I'll get an entire quest line though, made up of seven individual quests.

It's pretty sad that single-player games are starting to chuck online passes around. You know what that says to me? That a publisher is not confident that its game is worth keeping. That's really not the kind of message you want to send your consumers before they even put the disc in.

It's a shame, because Amalur might actually be worth keeping ... but EA clearly doesn't think so.

http://www.destructoid.com/kingdoms-...s-220459.phtml

Old 02-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #1797
Razorgod
Anti-Monitor

Send a message via Yahoo to Razorgod Send a message via Skype™ to Razorgod

It's not actually holding the quest for "ransom", it's a day one DLC reward for people who buy the game new. And it's not available to those who buy the game used....this is not really surprising.

Remember the Cerebrus Network with Mass Effect 2? It's the same fucking concept...new members got the network pass with a brand new copy, and used buyers had to pay for it.

That's not a statement of confidence in the game, it's the continued use of a tried and true method of making money off used game sales. It's not going anywhere, either.

The only reason I'd be pissed if I had to buy the content for my wife, since the code can only be used on one profile. But then again, the DLC I got through Cerebrus covered all the profiles on my console.

Not worried, still getting my midnight release copy.
His endless obsession
With superpositional pussy.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #1798
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorgod View Post
It's not actually holding the quest for "ransom", it's a day one DLC reward for people who buy the game new. And it's not available to those who buy the game used....this is not really surprising.

Remember the Cerebrus Network with Mass Effect 2? It's the same fucking concept...new members got the network pass with a brand new copy, and used buyers had to pay for it.

That's not a statement of confidence in the game, it's the continued use of a tried and true method of making money off used game sales. It's not going anywhere, either.

The only reason I'd be pissed if I had to buy the content for my wife, since the code can only be used on one profile. But then again, the DLC I got through Cerebrus covered all the profiles on my console.

Not worried, still getting my midnight release copy.
i know im just posting the news and honestly when i get the game tomorrow i think ill wait on the season pass because between this game and mass effect 3 in four weeks i want to save it for there season pass because they will indeed have one

Old 02-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #1799
Razorgod
Anti-Monitor

Send a message via Yahoo to Razorgod Send a message via Skype™ to Razorgod

I don't know why people are getting so pissy about it...I mean, I get it if you don't have internet access, then you are kind of getting screwed over. Otherwise, who cares. LOL.
His endless obsession
With superpositional pussy.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #1800
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Saints Row Dev: Xbox 720 Used Game Ban 'Fantastic'
Consumers 'will grow to understand.'
February 6, 2012

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218051p1.html

Closed Thread