The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 11-20-2011, 04:31 AM   #1226
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

sorry wrong thread

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.

Last edited by TazzMission; 11-20-2011 at 04:34 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #1227
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medphyll View Post
Lucas has said several times that Order 66 was not programming. The Clones serve Palpatine and the Republic, not the Jedi. There is no question about where their loyalties lie. If the order comes from the highest office, it is done.
i quit taking lucas seriously regarding what is what in star wars....

i mean after all he did have luke make out with his sister...

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #1228
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post

"Make out"? She kissed him once for a second. If that's making out to you, you really need to get out more.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #1229
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
"Make out"? She kissed him once for a second. If that's making out to you, you really need to get out more.
actually thats more then a second and yes that is making out.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #1230
Medphyll
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post

So...you stopped "taking Lucas seriously" in 1983...?
Medphyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #1231
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
So...you stopped "taking Lucas seriously" in 1983...?
more like after he started doing the re edits of the originals and shitty new trilogy

only good ( not saying omg its the best) one out of that was episode 3 and the other 2 sucked big time.

that guy will probaby end up dying in a edited room seeing as he stated before the blu ray release he wanted to change everything.

i understand there his movies fine w/e but really how much more shit can he do with it regarding new or extra digital scenes?

Old 11-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #1232
Jack T. Chance
Really knows where his towel is!

Location: The Planet Garnet, AKA "Hellhole", Space Sector 0017
Exclamation

Okay, back on topic...

I don't know exactly when it became available, but the Series Premiere episode(s) of Green Lantern: The Animated Series can now be purchased and downloaded on your Xbox 360 through the Zune Video Marketplace!

Don't ask me why, but for some reason, it does NOT automatically show up in ANY of the lists of recently added shows. I had to do a SEARCH to find it. It costs 160 MicroSoft Points ($2) in standard definition, and a little more in HD... 240 or thereabouts. You can also purchase a season pass for the entire First Season, and new episodes will automatically be added into your Video Library as they become available. Only catch is the price: 4,000 MS Points (about $50 US.) And I'm pretty sure that was the price for Standard Definition, it might be more in HD.

At any rate, I had about 700 MS Points sitting in my account, so I went ahead and downloaded the SD version... crystal clear, like watching a DVD release of the episode!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #1233
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
Okay, back on topic...

I don't know exactly when it became available, but the Series Premiere episode(s) of Green Lantern: The Animated Series can now be purchased and downloaded on your Xbox 360 through the Zune Video Marketplace!

Don't ask me why, but for some reason, it does NOT automatically show up in ANY of the lists of recently added shows. I had to do a SEARCH to find it. It costs 160 MicroSoft Points ($2) in standard definition, and a little more in HD... 240 or thereabouts. You can also purchase a season pass for the entire First Season, and new episodes will automatically be added into your Video Library as they become available. Only catch is the price: 4,000 MS Points (about $50 US.) And I'm pretty sure that was the price for Standard Definition, it might be more in HD.

At any rate, I had about 700 MS Points sitting in my account, so I went ahead and downloaded the SD version... crystal clear, like watching a DVD release of the episode!
Awesome! I still haven't seen the first ep (shame on me), this is just what I needed.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #1234
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Its in the PSN too!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:02 AM   #1235
Xum
Kyle's Nude Model

Is that the televised version, or the full version?

In other words, did Carol ask Hal why he didn't use his cell?

Xum
Xum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #1236
Space Cop
The Dandy

Finally saw the piolt.

I was very pleased.

The GotU seem weak, since they couldn't stop a ship they were flying right next to.
Love Zox.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #1237
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Interview With "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" Composer Frederik Wiedmann
Old 11-26-2011, 10:05 PM   #1238
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

Is anyone picking up the new animated comic book that ties into the series this upcoming week?
Old 11-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #1239
Medphyll
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
Is anyone picking up the new animated comic book that ties into the series this upcoming week?
If it's a comic book with the words Green Lantern on the cover, the answer to that question will always be: Yes.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:56 AM   #1240
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
If it's a comic book with the words Green Lantern on the cover, the answer to that question will always be: Yes.
^This, but I am looking forward to it.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:27 AM   #1241
CYLON (13)
Alpha-Lantern

'Toon tie-in comics don't really get my attention. Even if they did, I have older books I'd rather get.

Let us know, how good it is!
"Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
*Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*
CYLON (13) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #1242
Space Cop
The Dandy

I'm mostly excited to have one-off stories instead of issues that only fit in with 6 or more parts.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #1243
W.West

Green Lantern: The Animated Series Producer Talks Deleted Premiere Scenes

Green Lantern: The Animated Series debuted to pretty strong numbers and has had pretty favorable reviews from most. Was the show perfect? Of course not, because nothing is. But apparently the premiere episodes shown on Cartoon Network a few weeks ago had some mysterious edits that New York Comic Con attendees noticed. The series producer Giancarlo Volpe commented on the changes from the NYCC cut and the one shown on Cartoon Network. Check out his comments on an unfinished Carol Ferris scene, some foreshadowing and more.

Quote:
Here's my side of the story:

The version we screened at NY comic con was meant to be the final version of the show. What we didn't realize was that in order to fit the DC nation format, we'd have to cut additional time from both episodes. So, back to the editing room we went to make some tough calls.

Yes, M'ten's hand used to writhe in pain before cutting away to his "death scene". And yes, Hal used to foreshadow his ring running out of energy by admitting to Carol he always forgets to charge his cell phone. I was bummed to lose these shots, but as I said before, something had to go. In fact, a lot of people didn't notice that we sped up some of the action scenes to make them more punchy and frantic (specifically the Interceptor-Red Lantern Probe chase at the top of episode two).

Incidentally, both episodes also had to be re-scored and re-mixed to match the new edits. It was tedious work for everyone, but I hope Freddie our composer and sound engineers Rob and John got some extra Christmas spending money out of it.

One sequence that got cut very, very early (during the animatic stage of production) occurred at the end of the episode. It's at night, and Carol is shown waiting in her office, stood up by Hal. She checks her clock (or watch, I can't remember), then gets up in frustration, shuts off the lights and leaves the room. I thought it was a cool Hal-Carol relationship moment, but alas, the episode (even at the time) was way long and it never made it to animation.

Hopefully the cut scenes will end up at the very least on the DVD release, although I seriously doubt we'd take time to "finish" the lost Carol scene. Maybe I'll post the storyboards if I can find them.

Let's hope he finds those storyboards, and let's hope there are no further snags in running time when the show returns in 2012.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #1244
Medphyll
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYLON (13) View Post
'Toon tie-in comics don't really get my attention. Even if they did, I have older books I'd rather get.

Let us know, how good it is!
Well, for the record, the Bruce Timm BM:TAS comic ("The Batman Adventures") was probably the best regular Batman title during the 1990's, so there's a good chance that we'll get a genuinely good GL title out of this!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:41 AM   #1245
CYLON (13)
Alpha-Lantern

Huh.

That's cool. I love TAS Bats...meh, maybe I'll pick up an issue or two.
"Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
*Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*
CYLON (13) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:34 AM   #1246
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

If you wanna pick up a GL comic that doesn't feel every issue ends with a Cliffhanger, then the GL: Animated Series comic is probably the one for you.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:24 AM   #1247
robojac
Corps Honor Guard

One sequence that got cut very, very early (during the animatic stage of production) occurred at the end of the episode. It's at night, and Carol is shown waiting in her office, stood up by Hal. She checks her clock (or watch, I can't remember), then gets up in frustration, shuts off the lights and leaves the room. I thought it was a cool Hal-Carol relationship moment, but alas, the episode (even at the time) was way long and it never made it to animation.

^I wish they didn't cut that scene because they hyped Hal's date with Carol throughout the 2-part episode only to leave it unanswered. To me this cut scene should have ended the episode. Hal missing his date with Carol would have shown the sacrifices he has to make when he's protecting his sector. When the show ended, I told my brother, "I guess Hal stood up Carol and missed his date."
robojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #1248
Space Cop
The Dandy

Well, they did have that dialogue where Kilowog mentions the date and Hal says they have more important concerns.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #1249
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojac View Post

^I wish they didn't cut that scene because they hyped Hal's date with Carol throughout the 2-part episode only to leave it unanswered. To me this cut scene should have ended the episode. Hal missing his date with Carol would have shown the sacrifices he has to make when he's protecting his sector. When the show ended, I told my brother, "I guess Hal stood up Carol and missed his date."
That's not his fault though. It was pretty clear that Hal and Kilowog would be out in "frontier" space for a long time. I think ending on that Carol scene would have been a real downer. Especially for a premiere episode.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:47 AM   #1250
robojac
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Well, they did have that dialogue where Kilowog mentions the date and Hal says they have more important concerns.
True, I forgot about that part. At the end, to me it just seemed that the writers forgot about the date. I'll have to rewatch this when CN airs it again.

Last edited by robojac; 12-01-2011 at 05:17 AM.
robojac is offline   Reply With Quote