The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 04:57 AM   #13001
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe
 
Robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 12,073
Default

Quote:
how would any of us fix the negative parts of the film if we were doing the script
By not letting comic book geeks write the script.
__________________
Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:00 AM   #13002
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default

Emerald Dawn.

There. I wrote the script.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:28 AM   #13003
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles
 
Marvelous Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 20,112
Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestingJohn View Post
Does that motto apply even if the poster isn't a fan of Green Lantern?

Legitimate question, because surprisingly, there are a number of members here who aren't fans at all. (this still confounds me)
Why? Why does this bother you, maybe we like the community here and that's why we come back?

Not everyone has to be a fan of GL to come and chat with everyone down here.
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:31 AM   #13004
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Why? Why does this bother you, maybe we like the community here and that's why we come back?

Not everyone has to be a fan of GL to come and chat with everyone down here.
Or maybe we're emotionally damaged and we HATE the community and THAT'S why we come back!
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #13005
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles
 
Marvelous Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 20,112
Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
Or maybe we're emotionally damaged and we HATE the community and THAT'S why we come back!
That to, the point is

Sailor Moon > Green Lantern.
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:42 AM   #13006
EmeraldGamer
Green Lantern
 
EmeraldGamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
Or maybe we're emotionally damaged and we HATE the community and THAT'S why we come back!
i like yer post Doc....we try to find that love anywhere...damaged as we are. LOL!!!
__________________
EmeraldGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #13007
Evergreen City
Corps Den Mother
 
Evergreen City's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington State
Posts: 1,018
Blog Entries: 4
Default

I liked the movie. It got me back into comic collecting at an awful time in my life (the summer of 2011 deserves not to be remembered). I went to see the movie twice in the theatres, once in 2D and once in 3D. I bought the movie on blu-ray and have watched it redundantly in the privacy of my own home, and cheer every time. When a local grocery store closed out their cardboard display of the movie on sale, I salvaged the cardboard Hal and I now keep him in my bedroom (with my husband's permission, of course!).

Action-adventure. The deleted scenes deserved to be deleted. The soundtrack is awesome. Yeah, Parallax was funky and Hector Hammond unfortunately died. Carol has seen Hal naked and he can't disguise his cheekbones. Otherwise, what's not to like?

Keep 'em loving, West.

And a Sailor Moon-GL team-up would be interesting, to say the least.
__________________

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.
Evergreen City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #13008
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen City View Post
I liked the movie. It got me back into comic collecting at an awful time in my life (the summer of 2011 deserves not to be remembered). I went to see the movie twice in the theatres, once in 2D and once in 3D. I bought the movie on blu-ray and have watched it redundantly in the privacy of my own home, and cheer every time. When a local grocery store closed out their cardboard display of the movie on sale, I salvaged the cardboard Hal and I now keep him in my bedroom (with my husband's permission, of course!).

Action-adventure. The deleted scenes deserved to be deleted. The soundtrack is awesome. Yeah, Parallax was funky and Hector Hammond unfortunately died. Carol has seen Hal naked and he can't disguise his cheekbones. Otherwise, what's not to like?

Keep 'em loving, West.

And a Sailor Moon-GL team-up would be interesting, to say the least.
now hopefully we can see carol naked
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #13009
Medphyll
Guy's Drinking Buddy
 
Medphyll's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
Emerald Dawn.

There. I wrote the script.
No.
Medphyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #13010
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe
 
Mister.Weirdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,650
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medphyll View Post
No.
No means yes.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #13011
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
Emerald Dawn.

There. I wrote the script.
i wouldve ran with something from the gl chronichles.


i want gl to be a scifi type film where it isnt just strictly always on earth.

i really want to portray not just hal but the corps as a whole as these green space cops by going to a few alien worlds and not restrict to omg oa is under attack or w/e
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #13012
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern
 
InterestingJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,690
Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
i wouldve ran with something from the gl chronichles.


i want gl to be a scifi type film where it isnt just strictly always on earth.

i really want to portray not just hal but the corps as a whole as these green space cops by going to a few alien worlds and not restrict to omg oa is under attack or w/e
This is why fans shouldn't write scripts, that's already far too convoluted.
__________________
InterestingJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #13013
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!
 
Superlantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 5,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestingJohn View Post
This is why fans shouldn't write scripts, that's already far too convoluted.
I never thought I would say this... but I am starting to like you
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #13014
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr
 
Jeffi.Kaiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sector 2814
Posts: 2,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
Emerald Dawn.

There. I wrote the script.
I dont want to see the main character of a superhero movie as a reckless drunk who injures his friends. Jus' me I guess.
__________________
Jeffi.Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #13015
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
I dont want to see the main character of a superhero movie as a reckless drunk who injures his friends. Jus' me I guess.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #13016
Medphyll
Guy's Drinking Buddy
 
Medphyll's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
Yeah, exactly, IM2 was shit! Thx for reminding us of why ED is such a lazy, cliched, water-treading brain-snooze from the decline of DC's editorial collective good-judgment.
Medphyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #13017
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern
 
InterestingJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,690
Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlantern View Post
I never thought I would say this... but I am starting to like you
Be fair... you love me
__________________
InterestingJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #13018
ErikBauer
Sinestro's Sparring Partner
 
ErikBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
ErikBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #13019
ErikBauer
Sinestro's Sparring Partner
 
ErikBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medphyll View Post
Yeah, exactly, IM2 was shit! Thx for reminding us of why ED is such a lazy, cliched, water-treading brain-snooze from the decline of DC's editorial collective good-judgment.
Well, I quite love it
ErikBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:08 AM   #13020
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr
 
Jeffi.Kaiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sector 2814
Posts: 2,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
Not really a fair comparison. People who don't know tony are introduced to him in the first one and begin to see him decline into abusing alcohol in the second. I don't want people being introduced to Hal as a man who can't hold his liquor and endangers his friends in the prprocess. Plus emerald dawn is honestly a crappy story looking back on it. I don't see how it could make any new reader (watcher if it was adapted for the screen) care for Hal in the slightest.
__________________
Jeffi.Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:49 AM   #13021
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

You're wrong.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #13022
Medphyll
Guy's Drinking Buddy
 
Medphyll's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
Not really a fair comparison. People who don't know tony are introduced to him in the first one and begin to see him decline into abusing alcohol in the second. I don't want people being introduced to Hal as a man who can't hold his liquor and endangers his friends in the prprocess. Plus emerald dawn is honestly a crappy story looking back on it. I don't see how it could make any new reader (watcher if it was adapted for the screen) care for Hal in the slightest.
Agreed.
Medphyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #13023
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default

Nope. You're wrong too.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #13024
Medphyll
Guy's Drinking Buddy
 
Medphyll's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 238
Default

Hey I just noticed this:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dvd/top_rentals.php

GL is 5th top rental, almost two months after its release!

I wonder if the animated pilot gave it a boost?
Medphyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #13025
The British Lantern
Not A Moderator
 
The British Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Leicester
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
Nope. You're wrong too.
So is everybody wrong but you?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Medphyll View Post
Hey I just noticed this:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dvd/top_rentals.php

GL is 5th top rental, almost two months after its release!

I wonder if the animated pilot gave it a boost?

It probably did but who the hell cares? well not me. The movie sucked there will be no sequel now let us all move on.
The British Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
movie

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.