The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 05-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #9126
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Or maybe people just dont wanna watch it over and over. You forget that movie trailers nowadays have the tedency to show damn near all the highlights from the film in the trailer so when you get to the film you have seen it all already. Not to mention the ever popular showing stuff in the trailer that you wanna see and then they are nowhere to found in the film.
thats what im afraid of. ive seen trailers of past films and certain scenes wouldnt even be in the finished film.

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #9127
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Well, it doesn't bother me any. I hunger for more. Chock it up to "different strokes for different folks". Those who don't want to see every trailer and tv spot just need to exert some willpower
Old 05-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #9128
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

so in other words you'd fucking suck as a green lantern.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #9129
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
so in other words you'd fucking suck as a green lantern.
probly
Old 05-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #9130
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestingJohn View Post
Well, it doesn't bother me any. I hunger for more. Chock it up to "different strokes for different folks". Those who don't want to see every trailer and tv spot just need to exert some willpower
i wonder how long parallax will last in the film. because how much screen time did venom get in spidey 3?

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #9131
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Let's not even talk about that film. Parallax could have half a second of screen time and that alone would be miles better than Emo crying boy in blue and red spandex 3
Old 05-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #9132
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Let's not even talk about that film. Parallax could have half a second of screen time and that alone would be miles better than Emo crying boy in blue and red spandex 3
did you see thor? how was it?

Old 05-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #9133
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Fucking loved it. Another great one from Marvel Studios
Old 05-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #9134
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Fucking loved it. Another great one from Marvel Studios
sweet cause i get the bootleg today along with fast 5. i already saw the scene after the credits in thor and it looks pretty bad ass

Old 05-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #9135
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

Suit looks ace in the new spot..and kilowog, too!!

As you may have noticed: the shot of parallax, where it attacks abin sur,looks different than in the wondercon footage. In the wondercon footage it was only a test fx, not the final version.

On thing I heard of, is that kronallax really must have a creepy voice. Those guys from gnomon studios, who did most of the kronallax fx were really surprised and a bit scared when they saw "their" parallax scenes with the voice reel. They didnīt expect him to speak and the voice was really scary.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #9136
Lantern54
Corps Honor Guard

You can bet some TV spots will air during the American Idol finale tonight...millions worldwide will be exposed to it. It'll be very expensive though, cost of advertising during the Idol finale ranks like second to the Superbowl.

Green since 1974!

Last edited by Lantern54; 05-25-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Lantern54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:32 PM   #9137
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
Suit looks ace in the new spot..and kilowog, too!!

As you may have noticed: the shot of parallax, where it attacks abin sur,looks different than in the wondercon footage. In the wondercon footage it was only a test fx, not the final version.

On thing I heard of, is that kronallax really must have a creepy voice. Those guys from gnomon studios, who did most of the kronallax fx were really surprised and a bit scared when they saw "their" parallax scenes with the voice reel. They didnīt expect him to speak and the voice was really scary.
yea the suite looks 1000% better during the whole i know right scene hal does in front of his buddy

Old 05-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #9138
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

A lot has changed since the first trailer ( discovered by http://www.welcometocoastcity.org/ )

And that "I go look for trouble" shot was test fx as well
Old 05-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #9139
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

im just waiting to see if any green lantern fan makes a custom light up movie gl costume. it would be a awsome project to do

Old 05-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #9140
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I can't be the only one who's long since stopped watching tv spots right? Do you people want to watch ANY of the film in theaters?
I have never understood this mentality. Ive never gone into a movie and had it ruined by the tv spots or trailers. Ill admit that I sometimes feel cheated out of a laugh when a really hilarious moment is on screen that I saw from a tv spot, but thats it.

There is still ample footage Im sure they havent even gone into yet for the movie.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #9141
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
I have never understood this mentality. Ive never gone into a movie and had it ruined by the tv spots or trailers. Ill admit that I sometimes feel cheated out of a laugh when a really hilarious moment is on screen that I saw from a tv spot, but thats it.

There is still ample footage Im sure they havent even gone into yet for the movie.
This.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #9142
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post

I didn't literally mean the entire movie was being played through commercials. However, the more trailers and tv spots you watch, the less you get to enjoy for the first time. I don't need 1000x tv spots to sell me on watching the film. I'm sold, I'll be watching it as soon as I can. So why potentially ruin a potentially crucial or like you said funny scene? This isn't "Due Date" where ALL the best parts were seen in the trailers, but why risk it if your interest is already high?
Old 05-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #9143
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I didn't literally mean the entire movie was being played through commercials. However, the more trailers and tv spots you watch, the less you get to enjoy for the first time. I don't need 1000x tv spots to sell me on watching the film. I'm sold, I'll be watching it as soon as I can. So why potentially ruin a potentially crucial or like you said funny scene? This isn't "Due Date" where ALL the best parts were seen in the trailers, but why risk it if your interest is already high?
maybe wb is doing this because the first trailer was garbage. they even admited it themselves

Old 05-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #9144
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

Interview with Dan Kiner from the FX crew:

http://modernmythmedia.com/ModernMyt...FX_Artist.html

Green Lantern Movie billboards:

http://dailybillboard.blogspot.com/2...billboard.html

http://dailybillboard.blogspot.com/2...ern-movie.html

Last edited by Shaolinlantern; 05-25-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Shaolinlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #9145
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
I definitely agree West. You just keep getting hammered and hammered with content, that by the time the movie rolls around you feel like you've watched it 20 times. The movie that this affected me most with was Iron Man 2. When I finally went to theaters to watch it, I was already sick of it. Luckily, I've been able to dodge Green Lantern promos on the reg.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #9146
Lantern54
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
I definitely agree West. You just keep getting hammered and hammered with content, that by the time the movie rolls around you feel like you've watched it 20 times. The movie that this affected me most with was Iron Man 2. When I finally went to theaters to watch it, I was already sick of it. Luckily, I've been able to dodge Green Lantern promos on the reg.
They're 30 second tv spots that add maybe 7 secs of new footage each time. When a movie is 90-120 mins how is that spoiling too much? When the glowing green WB symbol comes on the screen just turn your head. Stop being so sensitive.

Green since 1974!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #9147
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Yes talking about avoiding the ads makes on sensitive
Old 05-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #9148
Lantern54
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Yes talking about avoiding the ads makes on sensitive
No but whinning about it sure does. All the guy does is complain and moan when he comes here. I don't think I've ever read a post of his that is actually positive. He must be a hoot at party's.

Green since 1974!

Last edited by Lantern54; 05-25-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #9149
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Somehow I doubt you have read every single one of his posts nor would i call it whining, but be that as it may you could just ignore his posts the way he ignores the trailers.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #9150
Lantern54
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Somehow I doubt you have read every single one of his posts nor would i call it whining, but be that as it may you could just ignore his posts the way he ignores the trailers.
You know what, that's a wonderful suggestion.

Green since 1974!

Tags
movie