The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 05-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #8526
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Is there really nothing else to talk about besides Box Office predictions?
Old 05-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #8527
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
GREEN LANTERN Movie Viral Site Drops Hints at SWAMP THING, ADAM STRANGE & GOTHAM CITY

A viral marketing blog run by Dr. Amanda Waller (portrayed in the Green Lantern film by Angela Bassett) answers "fan submitted" questions that lend hints at other DC comic characters.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #8528
Muthasucka
Parallax Host

Quote:
Well, there's the running time, but you were pretty dismissive of that one, too. Here's an idea: start a discussion on something you want to talk about. I just stumbled across the site and thought I'd share the info.
Muthasucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #8529
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

The new issue of Totalfilmmagazin will feature green lantern.
I haven´t read it, but I heard, that there is an interview with Campbell, in which he says that he won´t direct the (possible) sequel.

http://www.totalfilm.com/magazine
Old 05-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #8530
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Will Martin Campbell Return for GREEN LANTERN Sequel?

GREEN LANTERN star Ryan Reynolds is on this months cover of Total Film Magazine, and according to CBM, an interview with Director Martin Campbell states that he may not return for a potential sequel.

UPDATE:
Thanks to "Ghostmaster75" we now have scans of the TOTAL FILM Green Lantern article.

Quote:
Inevitably, chat turns to the possibility of follow-ups. Campbell admits it will be nice to have all the backstory and complicated rules of the character already taken care of. "This film has become the instruction manual if they do any further ones. It's what we call pipe laying," he says. Not that he has plans to return for a sequel - like Bond, he loves 'em and leaves 'em."

Last edited by W.West; 05-16-2011 at 08:55 PM.
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #8531
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

Quote:
Will Martin Campbell Return for GREEN LANTERN Sequel?

GREEN LANTERN star Ryan Reynolds is on this months cover of Total Film Magazine, and according to CBM, an interview with Director Martin Campbell states that he may not return for a potential sequel.

UPDATE:
Thanks to "Ghostmaster75" we now have scans of the TOTAL FILM Green Lantern article.

Fast but not fast enough though thanks for the scans

Last edited by Superlantern; 05-17-2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: to help other avoid really long scrolling
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #8532
Medphyll
Guy's Drinking Buddy

That was fun; but it's clear that the writers have zero clue about comics or GL, and didn't bother to do the complex and demanding research work of reading some comic books :P And they get paid to churn this stuff out! And the writer misheard Campbell & made him say Bob Kane created GL (!!). I think Campbell said "Bill Finger" and the writers got it wrong.

But hey, we're on the cover of a major magazine!!! Woo-hoo!
"We are the Corps! We are the Corps!"
Medphyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #8533
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medphyll View Post
That was fun; but it's clear that the writers have zero clue about comics or GL, and didn't bother to do the complex and demanding research work of reading some comic books :P And they get paid to churn this stuff out! And the writer misheard Campbell & made him say Bob Kane created GL (!!). I think Campbell said "Bill Finger" and the writers got it wrong.

But hey, we're on the cover of a major magazine!!! Woo-hoo!
"We are the Corps! We are the Corps!"
You caught that too? :P

Campbell could have also been talking about Gil Kane, in which case, the cape/mask bit wouldn't make much sense, but the interviewer getting the name wrong would.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #8534
Shingo Wol

=_=
Old 05-17-2011, 03:57 AM   #8535
Lantern54
Corps Honor Guard

I like how Campbell said something to the effect of "I made the movie, now it's up to WB to sell it".....that cracked me up.

Green since 1974!
Lantern54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:52 AM   #8536
Medphyll
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestingJohn View Post
You caught that too? :P

Campbell could have also been talking about Gil Kane, in which case, the cape/mask bit wouldn't make much sense, but the interviewer getting the name wrong would.
Possible! Either way you can see that the editors think that comics are stupid & an article about a comic book character shouldn't be vetted thoroughly. Morons...
Old 05-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #8537
Xum
Kyle's Nude Model

At least there were no "POW" "BIFF" "BAM" lines which used to be in almost every comic-book-related article in the press (whether it was about Batman or not)...

Xum
Xum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #8538
Medphyll
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xum View Post
At least there were no "POW" "BIFF" "BAM" lines which used to be in almost every comic-book-related article in the press (whether it was about Batman or not)...

Xum
Heh heh. true!
Old 05-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #8539
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
I don't know ANYONE who checks running times before they go watch a movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Do you know anyone with kids? Because I know I check running times before going to see a movie, and that's the reason...

Though obviously not with the same thoughts as the first posters to dicuss running time.
Now, you do!
I always check run times and so do my family and my friends (2 of them, anyway) I go with. How would you know if you have time to do something else, when you'll be done etc.?
Of course, I'm a bit obsessive, I also never start a movie at home without knowing exactly how long it is and when I read a book I always know exactly how many pages I have left in the chapter and in the whole book.

However, I really meant word of mouth. I have heard (on several occasions) people bad mouth a movie as too long to people who haven't seen it yet. I did it myself with the King Kong remake. That's what I mean. A two and half hour comic book movie may be a turn off to non-comic fans. People certainly do have a sense of which movies deserve a long time and which don't. Just compare the average run times on major dramas to comedies and action flicks.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #8540
W.West

I always assume a movie is 2hours long. And if you WANT to do something after then go to an early showing. Are people not aware that theaters open very early? I understand the kid thing sure, but I have never checked running times. When I want to see a movie, I'll see when I have time, find out when its playing, and get there 15-20mins beforehand. Yeah sometimes there's no good restaurants open after a late showing but you knew that when you left the house at 8pm...
Old 05-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #8541
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

I only consider running time if it's a movie that I am on the fence about, if its over two hours and I could be happy just waiting for blu ray, then I will skip it. as for movies such as Gl and movies I trully must watch in theaters, I learned from return of the king to at least be aware of how long I will be in the seat, as I never take bathroom breaks during the movies.
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #8542
Lantern54
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
I always assume a movie is 2hours long. And if you WANT to do something after then go to an early showing. Are people not aware that theaters open very early? I understand the kid thing sure, but I have never checked running times. When I want to see a movie, I'll see when I have time, find out when its playing, and get there 15-20mins beforehand. Yeah sometimes there's no good restaurants open after a late showing but you knew that when you left the house at 8pm...
Great points West, let me add to that that schools will be letting out for summer break so it's not like little Johnny has to be in bed at 7:30pm on a weekday. I went to see Wall-E at night and there were plenty of kids in the theater. Time is less of a factor when school is out.

Green since 1974!
Old 05-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #8543
Lantern54
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Now, you do!
I always check run times and so do my family and my friends (2 of them, anyway) I go with. How would you know if you have time to do something else, when you'll be done etc.?
Of course, I'm a bit obsessive, I also never start a movie at home without knowing exactly how long it is and when I read a book I always know exactly how many pages I have left in the chapter and in the whole book.

However, I really meant word of mouth. I have heard (on several occasions) people bad mouth a movie as too long to people who haven't seen it yet. I did it myself with the King Kong remake. That's what I mean. A two and half hour comic book movie may be a turn off to non-comic fans. People certainly do have a sense of which movies deserve a long time and which don't. Just compare the average run times on major dramas to comedies and action flicks.
Oh man King Kong was just way too long. It lost my attention early.
If it's an action packed movie I am able to sit still a little longer. If you capture my attention then I'm not going to be looking at the time and time will seem to go by faster.

Green since 1974!
Old 05-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #8544
W.West

I didn't even think of kids being up/out late, I figured when Ed mentioned kids he was referring to their attention span.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #8545
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

I pity the fool who doesn't pay attention to run times.
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #8546
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

I pay attention to run times because at least in Germany, movie theaters charge extra for films with a run time of over 2 hours.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #8547
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
I pay attention to run times because at least in Germany, movie theaters charge extra for films with a run time of over 2 hours.
I guess some things haven't changed since WWII.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #8548
Lantern54
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongreen2814 View Post
Yet their economy is so much better than ours. I'd be willing to pay a couple of bucks extra in an economy where I could feel safely employed and where people didn't have to worry about finding employment. The German economy is thriving so they must be doing something right.

Green since 1974!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #8549
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongreen2814 View Post

Green lantern trailer #3 has been declassified yesterday!!

http://www.albertafilmratings.ca/rec...strailers.aspx
Old 05-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #8550
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern54 View Post
Yet their economy is so much better than ours. I'd be willing to pay a couple of bucks extra in an economy where I could feel safely employed and where people didn't have to worry about finding employment. The German economy is thriving so they must be doing something right.
I was just trying to make a Nazi joke damn it, not turn this into a economic discussion.

Anyways, check your run times.

Tags
movie