The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 04-06-2008, 04:46 AM   #26
GLJIMT

here is the pic and I did know about the snowglobe just forgot

also I never could figure out the difference between Abin and Hals Prop I figured it was the same thing since uh well it is in the comic

I look forward to seeing your pics and if you dont find the box I can always load it later if you stumble upon it

EDIT: - Just recheck DCDirect - the only Power Battery Prop which carried Hals name is the mini one which is there on the page

EDIT Number 2: JL Snowglobe added (Jack how much are they charging at your LCS?)

Last edited by GLJIMT; 04-06-2008 at 04:55 AM.
GLJIMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:32 AM   #27
Jack T. Chance
Really knows where his towel is!

Location: The Planet Garnet, AKA "Hellhole", Space Sector 0017
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJIMT View Post
If that's the one it appears to be, it IS officially licensed. It was made exclusively for... yep, you guessed it... the WB Studio Stores!

I *think* it was part of a series including other characters, but don't quote me on that.
Quote:
also I never could figure out the difference between Abin and Hals Prop I figured it was the same thing since uh well it is in the comic
The first one they released is the modern one, it's "double-sided", for lack of a better term. It's design is very similar to the design of the power battery including with the "Hard Travelling Heroes" Hal Jordan figure. The Hal Jordan Power Battery Book Ends are based on its design, and coming full circle, the light-up power battery included with the 13" Hal Jordan Deluxe Collector's Figure is also based on the DC Direct prop's design!

I believe that DC Direct simply called it the Green Lantern Power Battery Prop... and I find it EXTREMELY odd that it's not listed on their site.

Abin Sur's Power Battery is "one-sided" with an "opening" on only one side, much like Alan Scott's train lantern version.
Quote:
I look forward to seeing your pics and if you dont find the box I can always load it later if you stumble upon it
I'll keep that in mind.
Quote:
EDIT: - Just recheck DCDirect - the only Power Battery Prop which carried Hals name is the mini one which is there on the page
Yeah, odd that. They're slipping, their site used to be very thorough!

Here's the only picture I have of it right now... pictured with a few of the rings from my collection... but it's small and crappy, so do NOT post it. You CAN, however, find DC Direct's original solicitation images on Lord Mal's site HERE! I'll have much better pics soon, including ones with the light turned on!

Quote:
EDIT Number 2: JL Snowglobe added (Jack how much are they charging at your LCS?)
Unfortunately, it's not for sale. They have several really cool GL pieces on display between their 2 store locations, but the ones I want are being used for display only and are NOT for sale! They also have Alan Scott's Power Battery, and won't sell it!
Old 04-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #28
GLJIMT

thats cool man, very strange that DCD would not have this PB on their site, BTW which ring is that in the glass case there in the picture?
Old 04-07-2008, 12:13 AM   #29
Jack T. Chance

Talking

Quote:
thats cool man, very strange that DCD would not have this PB on their site, BTW which ring is that in the clear plastic case there in the picture?
Oh, you mean you didn't already figure out which ring that is?

That's My Precioussss!

Sinestro's original yellow power ring, made out of 14K gold!

You've seen it before, in other threads.

P.S. And no, it's NOT officially licensed! It was hand-crafted by a jeweler that used to sell GL rings on eBay up until about 2004. Most of his power rings were made of silver, but he made a very small number in 14K gold (after I suggested it), for those of us that wanted Sinestro's ring!

After I bought mine, he even made at least one with a yellow stone set into the center, another idea I gave him. I still have pictures of that one from the auction:

At least one lucky GL (or maybe that should be SINESTRO) fan has that ring in his collection RIGHT NOW, because I suggested it to the guy that made it!

P.P.S. More pictures to come LATE tonight, AFTER Fox's rerun of the Family Guy Star Wars episode!

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 04-07-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Jack T. Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:02 AM   #30
Jack T. Chance

Exclamation Alan Scott Power Ring Prop and Mini Bust!

Okay Jim, here's a few new pics for you, and some more info. Not as much as I'd hoped to post tonight, I'll explain why shortly.

First off, here's a quick picture of all 3 GL Power Ring Prop Replicas W/ Mini Busts together, just because I couldn't resist doing a pic of all 3 side-by-side-by-side!

Then from there, I moved onto taking pictures of each one individually. First up: The ORIGINAL Green Lantern, Alan Scott!

This Ring Prop and Mini Bust set was released in 2001. It was the first in the series of 4 to hit stores. Since I know you like to know about this stuff, Jim, like all of DC Direct's products, it was only available through the Direct Market, meaning that you had to order it in advance from your local comic shop, or an online comic dealer, by placing a pre-order through the monthly Previews catalog. As Jim already mentioned, this one and the Sinestro one are generally the easiest to find, most likely because they are the least popular of the 4 characters represented in this product line. The bust was sculpted by DC Direct's William Paquet, and his signature/name is engraved on the bottom of the piece, as you'll see below.

Here's the final production version, from the front.

And here's the bottom of the mini bust. This is where all the ™ & © info is, along with the hand-numbering and Paquet's signature/name.

Whenever possible, I'll be providing photos like this, showing the ™ and/or © info on the items, as this can often come in handy for collectors when they're trying to tell the difference between a legitimate item and a counterfeit/bootleg/knock-off/whatever. As you can see, production on this prop and bust set was limited to 2500 pieces, and I bought 2. I have one still Mint In Sealed Box.

Jim, let me know if you want photos of the boxed item, so I know whether or not to take them.

I had planned to post a LOT more photos tonight, but as I was taking closeup pics of the ring with my camera's macro mode, my camera's battery pack decided it was running low, and as a result, my camera decided it was just going to refuse to focus on the ring (or other subject matter) at all, resulting in a bunch of blurry, unusable shots!

So there's more, LOTS more, yet to come. Looks like I'll have to post a few pics a night for several days to get it all up here, because I'm working 8-10 hours a day for the next 3 days, which will eat up a lot of my time.

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 04-07-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:29 AM   #31
Jack T. Chance

Exclamation Kingdom Come Planet Krypton Power Ring Replica Gift Set

OK, so, I lied... I actually took these pictures awhile back, so I'll post them tonight, while I'm at it. This is the most recent Power Ring product DC Direct has offered. A few years ago, DC Direct decided to do a common theme on all their prop replicas, and the theme they chose was Planet Krypton. In the Alex Ross graphic novel Kingdom Come, some of the characters visit a theme restaurant loosely based on the real-life Planet Hollywood chain, called Planet Krypton. As a mecca of superhero pop culture, they feature all sorts of superhero memorabilia in their fictional establishment. So, DC Direct thought it would be cool to do a line of Planet Krypton branded prop replicas.

The Power Ring set contains retooled/reworked versions of the 4 power ring replicas previously released with the mini busts, and one new ring available nowhere else: The magical ring worn by Power Ring of the Crime Syndicate of America (who come from Earth-3 Pre-Crisis, and from the Anti-Matter Universe Post-Crisis.) These were limited to 2000 pieces, and are now very hard to come by on eBay, as they don't turn up all that often. Original MSRP was somewhere around $90, but expect to pay a lot more than that to get one on the aftermarket.

Here's some pics, showing off all the packaging, the Certificate of Authenticity, and the rings themselves.

Outer sleeve

Gift box (I really like the lovely emerald green they used! )

COA

Inside of box, with nifty metallic green PK logo!

Close-up of rings

There are several variations between these rings, and the original versions released with the mini busts, some of which will be immediately noticeable (like the much lighter shade of green used on Alan Scott's ring) and some of which will not be noticeable unless one is able to compare the 2 versions side-by-side. But that's where I'll be providing assistance in my next few posts!

That's it for tonight, gotta hit the hay.

Oh, and something I keep forgetting to mention: Jim, I of course give my permission to reuse these photos for the greenlanterncorps.com site. But I'd suggest watermarking them with a site logo, otherwise they might start getting used in eBay auctions very quickly. I'd watermark them myself, if I could figure out how to do that with my camera's photo editing software. :-/

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 04-07-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #32
GLJIMT

sweet Jack, I'm just checking in before heading to work, but no theres no need to re-package the props for photos -

also you have the Kyle Prop you bastard!
Old 04-15-2008, 04:22 AM   #33
GLJIMT

Helloooo.

It's been awhile since a post was made here - like a WEEK! - I still need help with this my biggest concern is T-Shirts at the moment -

I own nearly all the figures so that is the easiest for me
Old 04-15-2008, 04:32 AM   #34
Jack T. Chance

Red face

Quote:
Helloooo.

It's been awhile since a post was made here - like a WEEK! - I still need help with this my biggest concern is T-Shirts at the moment -

I own nearly all the figures so that is the easiest for me
Oops! Sorry about that, Jim.

My mind's been on other things, I've been doing all kinds of refresher training at work the last 2-3 weeks, so that's been occupying my thoughts lately.

I've suddenly ended up with the day off from work tomorrow (last-minute schedule change) so I'll post some more pics and info tomorrow for you.

As for help with T-shirts, well... I can post pictures of the few that I own at some point, if you want. Although I own several, I know my collection is just a drop in the bucket compared to Dave's, though! He is, apparently, the GL T-shirt KING!
Old 04-15-2008, 04:35 AM   #35
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
Oops! Sorry about that, Jim.

My mind's been on other things, I've been doing all kinds of refresher training at work the last 2-3 weeks, so that's been occupying my thoughts lately.

I've suddenly ended up with the day off from work tomorrow (last-minute schedule change) so I'll post some more pics and info tomorrow for you.

As for help with T-shirts, well... I can post pictures of the few that I own at some point, if you want. Although I own several, I know my collection is just a drop in the bucket compared to Dave's, though! He is, apparently, the GL T-shirt KING!
yes he is and he needs to start posting in this thread!

*looks around* - where's my woomping stick?
Old 04-15-2008, 05:05 AM   #36
Jack T. Chance

Quote:
yes he is and he needs to start posting in this thread!

*looks around* - where's my woomping stick?
Here, Jim, I'll let you borrow mine!

*Hands Jim the Mighty Kafunga Stickô!*

Old 04-15-2008, 05:24 AM   #37
MrBungleGL

I've got a green lantern wallet. My wife wore a GL garter belt. There is a new GL hoodie too.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:20 AM   #38
GLJIMT

Oh Jack

- Look under Power Batteries
Old 05-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #39
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

I don't know if this counts as offical but Six Flaggs sold Foam Kyle Rayner Masks. I have one as soon as I can get my brother to stop being lazy I will post a picture of it.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #40
BuckyBarnes45

JACK IN THE BOX in the late 90s made some DC figs. had a decent Kyle one. he didnt move, but his ring lit up when you hit a switch in the back.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:31 AM   #41
Jack T. Chance

Exclamation

Quote:
Yeah, I know, I need to get back to taking pictures of my collection. I'm off the final 3 days of the month, so I should be able to devote some time to it then... unless a miracle occurs and I find myself with a hot date or something!

Apologies for the delay, I've had other things on my mind lately... like watching Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers on DVD now that Koch Vision FINALLY decided to get off their fat, lazy asses and start releasing the COMPLETE SERIES on DVD here in the States! Volume 1 (the first half of the series) came out on the 13th, with the remaining volume due out near the end of the summer (tentatively in August.)

--Dan (who LOVES Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers! It's the best American cartoon produced in the 1980s. Period. )
Old 05-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #42
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyBarnes45 View Post
JACK IN THE BOX in the late 90s made some DC figs. had a decent Kyle one. he didnt move, but his ring lit up when you hit a switch in the back.

this pic of that Kyle fig is missing his Sheild.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #43
Jack T. Chance

Exclamation

Jim, I know you've been waiting patiently for more info from me. I apologize for the long wait. Look for LOTS more info from me VERY soon (like, within the next week soon.)
Old 06-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #44
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

Quote:
OK, so, I lied... I actually took these pictures awhile back, so I'll post them tonight, while I'm at it. This is the most recent Power Ring product DC Direct has offered. A few years ago, DC Direct decided to do a common theme on all their prop replicas, and the theme they chose was Planet Krypton. In the Alex Ross graphic novel Kingdom Come, some of the characters visit a theme restaurant loosely based on the real-life Planet Hollywood chain, called Planet Krypton. As a mecca of superhero pop culture, they feature all sorts of superhero memorabilia in their fictional establishment. So, DC Direct thought it would be cool to do a line of Planet Krypton branded prop replicas.

The Power Ring set contains retooled/reworked versions of the 4 power ring replicas previously released with the mini busts, and one new ring available nowhere else: The magical ring worn by Power Ring of the Crime Syndicate of America (who come from Earth-3 Pre-Crisis, and from the Anti-Matter Universe Post-Crisis.) These were limited to 2000 pieces, and are now very hard to come by on eBay, as they don't turn up all that often. Original MSRP was somewhere around $90, but expect to pay a lot more than that to get one on the aftermarket.

Here's some pics, showing off all the packaging, the Certificate of Authenticity, and the rings themselves.

Outer sleeve

Gift box (I really like the lovely emerald green they used! )

COA

Inside of box, with nifty metallic green PK logo!

Close-up of rings

There are several variations between these rings, and the original versions released with the mini busts, some of which will be immediately noticeable (like the much lighter shade of green used on Alan Scott's ring) and some of which will not be noticeable unless one is able to compare the 2 versions side-by-side. But that's where I'll be providing assistance in my next few posts!

That's it for tonight, gotta hit the hay.

Oh, and something I keep forgetting to mention: Jim, I of course give my permission to reuse these photos for the greenlanterncorps.com site. But I'd suggest watermarking them with a site logo, otherwise they might start getting used in eBay auctions very quickly. I'd watermark them myself, if I could figure out how to do that with my camera's photo editing software. :-/
I hate you for having this
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:47 AM   #45
GLJIMT

Quote:
Jim, I know you've been waiting patiently for more info from me. I apologize for the long wait. Look for LOTS more info from me VERY soon (like, within the next week soon.)
awesome Jack! you rock bro!
Old 06-30-2008, 04:26 AM   #46
GLJIMT

Jack I found a pic of the Hal battery I need some info on it though

here
Old 06-30-2008, 11:00 PM   #47
GLJIMT

the beginings of the Action Figure Page so far up to DCD GL Series 1
Old 07-03-2008, 02:59 AM   #48
Zechs

How come the new GL series isn't on that? And it's coming this month right? Right? *anixiously awaits Henshaw figure*
Old 07-03-2008, 03:01 AM   #49
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechs View Post
How come the new GL series isn't on that? And it's coming this month right? Right? *anixiously awaits Henshaw figure*
it says the BEGININGS of the Action Figure page, Wave 2 , 3 WB Store, Premiums and Mattel stuff are still to be added I do have a job and a real life only so much time but figured I'd link it anyway
Old 07-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #50
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

http://store.supermansuperstore.com/jlyoyogl.html

Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote