Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Green Lantern movie casting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
    So I put together this little "cast gallery" for fun, because I'm odd. Thought I'd share

Are there any rumored roles that I've missed?
    Nice page!!

There were some older rumors, which are probably "cold", about John Goodman as Kilowog and Doug Jones as Tomar-re or Abin Sur, but there was no confirmation, . Goodman was supposed to be the first one on the casting list because they had to build the prostetics for kilowog.And donīt forget superman ( Brandon Routh or Tom Welling)
    Shaolinlantern
    Parallax Host
    Last edited by Shaolinlantern; 12-21-2009, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
      Nice page!!

There were some older rumors, which are probably "cold", about John Goodman as Kilowog and Doug Jones as Tomar-re or Abin Sur, but there was no confirmation, . Goodman was supposed to be the first one on the casting list because they had to build the prostetics for kilowog.And donīt forget superman ( Brandon Routh or Tom Welling)
      Thanks.

I hadn't heard the Goodman rumor at all, I do find it interesting though, also about the prostheses, I think we'd all assumed that he'd be CG (though I think I'd rather see a real person, ala The Thing). I forgot about the Doug Jones for Abin Sur thing, I might add him, though I kinda hesitate since he's been mentioned for 2 characters. And for now I'm focusing on main characters, not cameos :P

But thanks for the Goodman and Jones reminders

(PS that site will actually be for chronicling the creation of the GL costume that my wife and I are making, as well as movie news and general GL related things, sort of my GL blog.)

Comment

Of those listed, I'd go most for Green and Kruger. Lively and Russell seem too light to me as actresses and Garner's too old.

Comment

Thanks.

I hadn't heard the Goodman rumor at all, I do find it interesting though, also about the prostheses, I think we'd all assumed that he'd be CG (though I think I'd rather see a real person, ala The Thing). I forgot about the Doug Jones for Abin Sur thing, I might add him, though I kinda hesitate since he's been mentioned for 2 characters. And for now I'm focusing on main characters, not cameos :P

But thanks for the Goodman and Jones reminders

(PS that site will actually be for chronicling the creation of the GL costume that my wife and I are making, as well as movie news and general GL related things, sort of my GL blog.)
          The Goodman rumor is widely thought to be 100% bull.

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
          Of those listed, I'd go most for Green and Kruger. Lively and Russell seem too light to me as actresses and Garner's too old.
          Too old? Does she look older than Ryan Reynolds?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
            Nice page!!

kilowog should be cgi wile someone voices him.
            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Michelle Monaghan!!!!

Comment

She has never been impressive. She's always just been there.

Comment

i love michelle
                  Figures for Sale/Trade: DCUC/DCD/Green Lantern Related *CHEAP*
                  Formally known as TMarcumUSN (or "Marcus" freakin' Bruce Castle haha)

I'm a leaf on the wind...

Comment

It would be nice to see Tom Welling on the big screen.. (and I know about that horrific remake of "The Fog". I just choose to selectively ignore it as being in existance!) Thanks to Smallville I simply can't see Brandon Routh as Clark/Supes. I think it helped that Superman Returns was utter garbage, but... I digress.

Someone on the thread here mentioned Blake Lively would make a good Cowgirl and I think I see her in that role, moreso than I see her as Carol. If I had to pick one of the ones listed I would go for Green as well. Diane Kruger's got a... severe face going on. She scares me with her pointy cheekbones and chin. Carol's too pretty for that. She's classic pretty. It's why I give the nod to Green..

Comment

This should be a no-brainer. Eva GREEN to play Carol in GREEN Lantern.

Comment

I'm sorry to see that Rose Byrne isn't on the list. Out of this bunch I would be happy to see either Kruger or Green get the role, with the slight edge to Kruger based on her great performance in "Basterds".

Comment

Yeah, if this list is a true "short list" and not total bull, then I am disappointed that Rose Byrne isn't on the list, because she's perfect.

Comment

Russel is probably most talented out of the lot, but I hope she dont get the part. Kruger is the best looker, but I like my brunettes so my vote will go for Eva Green.

Still I think they should hold out for somebody else, dunno who though.
                            If I'm not here, you'll probably find me at one of these:
                            Genshiken.UCT | The Dugout | LO Mag

Comment

Eva Green

Comment

Yeah, if this list is a true "short list" and not total bull, then I am disappointed that Rose Byrne isn't on the list, because she's perfect.
                                The risk of putting out information like this is that you have no idea what the studio will do after. I know that LR has good intel, they break stories damn near every month. WB is probably listening. They aren't pissed that their shortlist is out, they are reacting to our reactions. Campbell probably isn't, but he'll have to listen to WB regardless. Even if WB trusts him(and I'm sure they do), they will still give their two cents. So lets be positive! WB doesn't want to hear about our disappointment, because lets be real...we should probably be thankful people like Hilary Duff aren't on this list.

Comment

Working...
                                X