Opinions on White Lantern Kyle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POWER

Is this new incarnation of Kyle (issue 24 of GL:NG)one of, if not "THE" most powerful being in the DC universe? With just ION he could alter reality on a cosmic scale, and "the Entity" is the personification of all life in the universe. If Kyle had the other 3 entities (Yellow, Red, and Black) could it be comparable to the Infinity Guantlet in the Marvel Universe?

Comment

Umm, no. The entities are weakened. They are dying. This may not last. Relic may eat them for breakfast. Look ahead to the January solicits; Kyle appears to be back down to a more normal level again.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

He "appears" to be back down to a more normal level at the end of issue 24 also, but he still contains the 6 entities. You have to look at it from a stand point that someone like the Spectre was afraid of just one entity (Parallax) and could never defeat another one(Butcher). If the Spectre is the most powerful being in DCU, the entities must at least be on par with him. I'm Just wondering if Kyle with all 9 entities, at full power, would he basically be the embodiment of reality and the most powerful being in DCU? He would be the master of Life, Death, and everything in between.

Comment

I think Issue 24 is going to be a good start for some good changes.

Comment

Why is Kyle called a White Lantern? Does he even have a white lantern? Much less use one? He doesn't recharge his white ring at a white lantern, he just seems to be constantly powered up. And in the current continuity, who made that white ring?

I think they should change Kyle's super hero name to...White Power. It has a certain...ring to it!

Comment

Bad pun Dave, bad pun.
              Originally posted by IonFan
              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
              Originally posted by Quaker
              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                They should just Kill him off. If Wally can be so easily overlooked, there's no reason for Kyle to be around.
                One Thousand percent yes!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                  Why is Kyle called a White Lantern? Does he even have a white lantern? Much less use one? He doesn't recharge his white ring at a white lantern, he just seems to be constantly powered up. And in the current continuity, who made that white ring?

I think they should change Kyle's super hero name to...White Power. It has a certain...ring to it!
                  I don't know, having a super hero named White Power is about as far fetched as someone creating a Green Lantern is middle eastern decent, having him drive a stolen van with a bomb in it and wear a ski mask and a carry a gat. I mean, that would be insane, but I mean, it could never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post

lol, but seriously, when will this White Lantern "s**t stop? After the Lights Out Arc??

Comment

It can't stop until they find a color/emotion/ring/lantern/corps/entity that is HIGHER than white. Once Kyle has that, then they can discard it.

Comment

Interview with Justin Jordan:

http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/con...-white-lantern
                        - Twitter

- Cosmic Book News

Comment

My opinion on white lantern KYLE.......He should be green! that is all..

Comment

Originally posted by TEN_RINGS View Post
                            My opinion on white lantern KYLE.......He should be green! that is all..
                            ^ This, This and THIS!

Comment

Definitely agree with that notion.

Comment

I like the concept of dedicating a comic to White Lantern Kyle. I think the journey to becoming a White Latern really suits that character. As others have said, I want to see white lantern constructs. The possibilities with his powers are really endless, so I hope they don't choose something safe and bland.

What does annoy me is that Kyle seems to come across as really naive/childlike, almost as if everything surprises him, he's often reluctant, or he's unsure about this and that, when given the history of the character he should really be far more mature and wise and patient.

Comment

Working...
                                X