Kyle needs his own book again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle needs his own book again.

I think Kyle needs his own book again. I don't know what the premise would be but I think he deserves it.
    Yes
    60.00%
    No
    26.67%
    Not sure
    13.33%
    Time,Space and Will Power

There should be a hell yes Kyle is infinitely better than Hal choice

Comment

Like this:

http://strainstrey.blogspot.com/

Comment

so long as he's still the most powerful _____ Lantern of them all then i'm down for yet another go, otherwise don't even bother

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
          so long as he's still the most powerful _____ Lantern of them all then i'm down for yet another go, otherwise don't even bother
          Don't bother otherwise?

Comment

i don't get it, what did i do wrong now

IonFan says

Comment

No Lantern needs to be anointed as the "most powerful" or the "most special." They need to be put into some interesting stories.

Comment

* i think this sums up my reply quite nicely *

+ YouTube Video
                ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

IonFan says

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                  * i think this sums up my reply quite nicely *

+ YouTube Video
                  ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

You're right. Kyle should be proclaimed the most powerful and the most special. And fuck the actual stories that he appears in. That would work.
                  Trey Strain
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by Trey Strain; 08-02-2015, 01:27 PM.

Comment

it always worked for me

IonFan says

Comment

Worked so well he's been stuck in terrible stories!

A real Kyle fan should want Kyle to be in the best book possible, whether he is uber powerful, or a barely functioning power ring. He could be in a series where he's trapped on Earth, living in NYC and his ring is of limited power. He decides to use his ring to help people even though it goes out on him at the worst times.

It could be the best written thing ever and you wouldn't like it because Kyle wasn't more powerful than the other human lanterns? What kind of fan does that make you?!?

Comment

I don't want Hal to be the most powerful, that puts him in a dangerous position of being trapped in shitty stories (even though this is DC so it's going to happen anyway). Look at the O'Neil/Adams GL/GA era. Hal was depowered as a punishment, and that run is considered one of the best GL runs of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                          He could be in a series where he's trapped on Earth, living in NYC and his ring is of limited power. He decides to use his ring to help people even though it goes out on him at the worst times.
                          I want this

Comment

At this point, there isn't real continuity between the books. Hal is on the run in space in his own book, but in the League on Earth in 2 JLA titles. Just put Kyle in NYC for his own book and have him considered dead in the other GL titles. DC doesn't edit for continuity anymore so why not give people what they want?

Comment

Just make him a Green Lantern on Earth, which is where he works best. And keep him out of Coast City because there's already a GL there. But none of that Nineties "Friends," New York and Gen X shit.

You're going to have to reboot the whole thing to get rid of Emerald Twilight. All four Lanterns should get their rings at the same time. No crashed spaceship for Abin Sur though because that made no sense anyway. He's just mortally wounded. Hal and Kyle get Earth duty, and Guy and John get space duty. The Central Power Battery decides that stuff. No set number of Lanterns or space sectors. Then do what Emerald Dawn 2 did and have Sinestro weasel his way in as their alleged benefactor and trainer, but with bad intentions.

All problems solved. PM me and I'll do it for you, DC.
                              Trey Strain
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by Trey Strain; 08-02-2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X