Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you like the Green Lantern "appearance" in the JL movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you like the Green Lantern "appearance" in the JL movie?

It's fairly nondescript but we can kind of get a sense for how the energy works. I liked the Ethan Van Sciver-inspired floating emblem thing.
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    0.00%
    What appearance? That wasn't much of anything
    16.67%
    Fuck the JL movie
    16.67%

yes BUT i wanted more, like maybe seeing the GLC at the end or something

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I actually liked that quick bit. Very LOTR prologue-ish scene with the alliance of Man, Amazons, and Atlanteans, invoking memores of the elves and men uniting to face Sauron.

Though like Ion said above, it would have been better if the movie bookended with the GLC showing up as the cavalry at the end. They could have cleaned up the parademons while the League took out Steppenwolf.

Comment

It was okay for what it was. Too bad it showed a GL getting killed, but I see the desired effect they were going for.

Comment

Thanks to Blog of Oa I'm pretty sure we now know that GL was Yalun Gur, not that it really matters but it's still a cool easter egg.
          http://www.blogofoa.com/2017/11/just...-spoilers.html

As for the scene itself I wish it was longer but I loved what we got! The hammer construct looked great and I really liked the sound the ring made. Was hoping for a Green Lantern post credit scene but I'm just happy we at least got what we did. Even though JL isn't doing too well I hope we still get Green Lantern Corps by 2020.
          CeltiC5-27
          Weaponer of Qward
          Last edited by CeltiC5-27; 12-20-2017, 09:48 PM.
          Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

I actually didn't mind it. It was a cool tease in an otherwise underwhelming film.

Comment

I thought the Green Lantern appearance in the film was great, but fleeting and not discernible.
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I still haven't seen it, but meanwhile, Den of Geek confirms that it IS Yalan Gur and shows concept art for him.

Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 03-26-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

From CBR:https://www.cbr.com/kevin-smith-zack...trilogy-plans/

Relevant GL quotation, " In fact, originally, Jeremy Irons' Alfred was talking to Green Lantern, not Superman, when he said, "Let's hope you're not too late," in one of the film's trailers. The crew had even shone green light around Alfred to simulate the glow from Green Lantern's power ring."

Well, that sucks! I know a lot of people weren't happy with JL, but I would have liked to have seen GL there anyway. (not like being in JL hurt Aquaman...) But getting rid of the planned trilogy negated GL's role in setting up the next chapter, I guess...
                  Kane2814
                  Weaponer of Qward
                  Last edited by Kane2814; 02-04-2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I saw the Kevin Smith YouTube video where he talks about Green Lantern being in the Justice League. I did believe that Green Lantern was suppose to be in the Justice League film. However, that scene where Alfred says "Let's hope you're not too late," really doesn't fit with Green Lantern as does with Superman, but whatever. It's the Snyder-verse where saying the name "Martha" could stop the coldblooded killing Batman from delivering the deathblow.
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Let's be honest, we dodged a bullet if they really cut Green Lantern from a Zack snyder movie. That would have set us back another 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        I still haven't seen it, but meanwhile, Den of Geek confirms that it IS Yalan Gur and shows concept art for him.

Okay, that's a wonderful detail.

Comment

Working...
                        X