X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarface (1983)

"Nothing exceeds like excess."

I over watch this (especially considering the number of movies I own and have yet to watch at all), but have been wanting to see it again since late October and held off until now.

Dead End Drive-In (1986)

"This is a slum! Even with only a few people, it'd still be a slum."

Virus (1999)

"This is very stupid."
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 01-15-2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• That reminds me, I still need to watch Brandon Tenold's review of Virus.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• The Toxic Avenger Part II (1989)

"At first I found it hard to believe that my father was Japanese, and that I was part-Japanese. But that would explain why I've always had these strange, non-American urges to work very hard, save money, and live without credit cards."

Justice League: Doom (2012)

"That's three you owe me.
        -We keeping score?
        Not literally.
        -Because if we are, it's 8 to 7, my favor."

The Beastmaster (1982)

"All pilgrims share a deep love of life; especially their own!"

So, watched this in honor of Tonya Roberts only to hear half way through she's alive. So, I guess now it's well wishes for her recovery.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
        That reminds me, I still need to watch Brandon Tenold's review of Virus.
        That's what sparked the Netflix rental. Apparently Jamie Lee Curtis called it “a piece of s**t” and “just the worst from top to bottom,” but I’d say it’s just a B movie. It’s not exactly good, but I’ve seen much worse and I wasn’t really bored.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 01-17-2021, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          That's what sparked the Netflix rental. Apparently called Jamie Lee Curtis it “a piece of s**t” and “just the worst from top to bottom,” but I’d say it’s just a B movie. It’s not exactly good, but I’ve seen much worse and I wasn’t really bored.
          I remember watching it years ago and thinking it was relatively good. Not great but better than I thought it would be. I still haven't had time to watch Tenold's video, perhaps this weekend.

Comment

• The White Sheik (1952)

"Real life is the life of dreams."

Fellini's first feature solo directing. A minor character (Cabiri) played by his wife would also get a spin-off feature of her own five years later. Pretty good though very light.

War of the Worlds (1953)

"After all that men could do had failed, the Martians were destroyed and humanity was saved by the littlest things, which God, in His wisdom, had put upon this Earth."

A Serious Man (2009)

"The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know... what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term."

A pretty-good, but not the best flick from the Coen brothers. Just about a physics professor in 1967 who is very put-upon by life and seeking advice from his rabbis.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 01-15-2021, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Danger Dolls (2014)

(I have no quote since the entire film was in Japanese)

A squad of female assassins investigates and takes down targets who do not seem entirely human, since they are actually from another dimension. As their hunt continues, the truth is gradually discovered.

So according to Wikipedia, the main setting is a parallel world where nuclear weapons have long been outlawed and "brilliant leader" George W. Bush eliminated firearms. I still think it would have been fairly easy to just make the world still have these since it's got tough girls kicking ass and audiences don't really care if they shred through dudes with guns or swords, but whatever. Things were difficult to understand fully since there was no English but the fights were fairly good.

And then I made my dad watch an SNL parody of the Twilight Zone classic "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" and it was a gem.

Comment

• Doomed! The Untold Story of Roger Corman's Fantastic Four (2016)

"I head 'you know this film was never really intended to be a film.' That infuriated me. I said, 'Oh, yeah? You watch!'"

Very good. Really showed how the movie's status as not intended to be released was more on an upper level (and perhaps even then a late decision) and how the people who actually made it were trying their best with next to nothing.

Scanners (1981)

"You're one of me?"

40th anniversary.
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 01-16-2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Wandavision episode's 1 and 2. Its weird but i dig it. Im sure the die hard comic readers will know all the easter eggs.
                  TazzMission
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by TazzMission; 01-15-2021, 05:26 PM.
                  .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Wrestling Isn't Wrestling (2015)

"Wrestling is melodrama. Wrestling is mythology. Wrestling is action. Wrestling is comic books. The only thing wrestling isn't is wrestling."

Max Landis' very fun short film explaining why professional wrestling is entertaining and using almost all female actors to quickly tell the story of HHH. Free on Youtube.

Stereo (1969)

"Now that we have some insight into the concept of experiential space, we may consider interaction among the experiential space continua of a highly unique group of individuals."

Cronenberg's feature debut (though it's only 64 minutes). Actually has no proper soundtrack. Instead, it has a narrator reading clinical reports as a future experiment with psychics is shown. Alright, but very slow. Only recommend for Cronenberg fans or art film fans.
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 01-19-2021, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• MST3K: Riding with Death (1976)

"He had to wear his sister's pants today."

My dad put on the Invasion of the Neptune Men episode at first because he was randomly watching episodes and liked the Vietnam battle parody in Mike's eyelashes, but I wanted to watch this episode since I somewhat remembered it as a kid and couldn't recall the entire thing. It's pretty weak even though some parts really aren't that bad and really only needed a mild revision of the script. The idea of a secret agent who needs a special device to become visible is actually a decent twist of the usual invisibility formula and some of the stunt work and explosions are good (the runaway truck scene was rather well performed for getting two semis together like that).

I also liked Pearl and Company as embattled soldiers.

Comment

• The Kid (1921)

"A picture with a smile - and perhaps, a tear."

Centennial of this one, largely regarded as one of Chaplin's best (and also Jackie Coogan's first credited film).

The Toxic Avenger Part III: The Last Temptation of Toxie (1990)

"I don't have a life. I have a half-life."
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 01-22-2021, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• MST3K: Track of the Moon Beast (1976)

"I'd like a wheat penny and a Glock."

From one of the co-creators of Batman, Bill Finger, comes a not-very-riveting tale of PAUL!!! turning into a horribly-cheap imitation of the Gorn beast from the 1960s Star Trek series. Some of the jokes in here are solid but the writers had to probably work their asses off because, as Pearl puts it, "It stars no one and is about nothing." The good news is I was scrolling through the comments and saw the gang riffed some other flicks I forgot about, like Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, Diabolik, and a couple others I have to find time to watch now.

The best jokes in this episode by far were the Behind the Music parody about the folk rock band and the bots spying in Mike.

Comment

• Rear Window (1954)

"Yeah, can't you just see me, rushing home to a hot apartment to listen to the automatic laundry and the electric dishwasher and the garbage disposal and the nagging wife...
                            -Jeff, wives don't nag anymore. They discuss.
                            Oh, is that so, is that so? Well, maybe in the high-rent district they discuss. In my neighborhood they still nag."

[Rifftrax:] Mortal Kombat (1995/2020)

"China’s Temple of Light—conveniently located in Thailand."

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                            ...The good news is I was scrolling through the comments and saw the gang riffed some other flicks I forgot about, like Overdrawn at the Memory Bank...
                            That's a good one. The film itself is goofy fun, but the writing/pace on MST3K that late was very tight and funny.
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 01-23-2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• I will never forget Crow shouting "THIS is how much cocaine you need to enjoy the movie!" during that riff.

Comment

• Fascism on a Thread: The Strange Story of Nazisploitation Cinema (2020)

"It's the right of art to exist. . . We can't just lock them away. . . We won't learn anything until we actually put it out there."

From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)

"So, what, were they psychos, or...
                                -Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are!"

25th anniversary.
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 01-23-2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X