Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLUE LANTERN SPOCK-RED LANTERN KLINGON

BLUE LANTERN SPOCK

I used a DCUC Abin Sur Black Lantern as the slim build seemed a good fit for Spock. I'm partial to Leonard Nimoy as Spock, so I looked high and low for a head that would fit, but could not find anything I liked. This is a heavily modified "Old Man Spock" from the 2009 "Star Trek" movie action figure line. I added a little sculpt for his brow and ears and carved away a lot of the baggy jowls the original head had. For those partial to Quinto as Spock, I made the figure so both heads could be swapped. the collar is kind a combination of the original series uniforms and a bit of a turtleneck from the original cast movies which came later. I am jazzed about the upcoming "Into Darkness" sequel!

I posted this once before, but I have since had to re-register for the forums and the prior image tags are invalid

RED LANTERN KLINGON

[/url]
    M@ELSTROM
    Corps Recruit
    Last edited by M@ELSTROM; 04-29-2013, 03:45 PM.

Red Lantern Klingon looks incredible!!! Very nice work man

Comment

Cool stuff.

There's a Captain Kirk Green Lantern in the works, right?
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
        Cool stuff.

There's a Captain Kirk Green Lantern in the works, right?
        Yes, eventually. I've got plans for a whole "Greenagerie"

Comment

Orange Lantern Ferengi, obviously. Yellow Khan, maybe? Black Borg. Indigo Troi. Hard to pick a Sapphire. Lots of "lust" options to go with Kirk, but not a lot of real representatives of "love".

Unless it is supposed to be all Original Series.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            Orange Lantern Ferengi, obviously. Yellow Khan, maybe? Black Borg. Indigo Troi. Hard to pick a Sapphire. Lots of "lust" options to go with Kirk, but not a lot of real representatives of "love".

Unless it is supposed to be all Original Series.
            Well, Kirk will definitely be Green, and I have determined most of the other colors. For this initial series, I would prefer to stick with original cast and associated alien races. The only color I am having trouble determining is Indigo, Troi would be great but as far as the original cast (Anything from the Original Series up to "The Undiscovered Country") goes I am considering Romulan or Andorian...any other suggestions?

Comment

If you are sticking with Original Series, and cast members and general alien races, then it becomes a bit harder for me.

You could always use Sybok as an Indigo, if you didn't mind being reminded of Star Trek 5. You could also use the character of Gem from the episode "The Empath" for Indigo, but that's a bit obscure. Lt. Ilia was repurposed as Troi when they scrapped the idea for a Phase II series with the original cast and later came up with Next Generation, but from what we actually SAW of her in the movie, I'm not seeing so much of the compassion angle, aside from that one time she soothed Chekov's pain from his burned hands.

Harry Mudd would make a good Orange Lantern, I think, if he would fit your criteria. If it has to be an alien race (there certainly isn't any member of the regular cast that would work) then I don't know. I don't recall any alien races known for their greed in the Original Series.

Khan might make a good Yellow. Or Captain Garth. A Horta would work if they didn't turn out to be misunderstood. Redjac would be ideal, except how do you represent an evil energy being that possessed people?

You could use a Deltan as a Sapphire, I suppose. Or go really bizarre and use a Tribble.

The problem I see with using a Romulan as anything is that, even if you could decide on an emotion that they represented, without their regular constuming they are pretty much indistinguishable from a Vulcan. And I've no idea what emotion Andorians would represent.
              Mister Ed
              Horse of a Different Color
              Last edited by Mister Ed; 04-30-2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

If you are sticking with Original Series, and cast members and general alien races, then it becomes a bit harder for me.

You could always use Sybok as an Indigo, if you didn't mind being reminded of Star Trek 5. You could also use the character of Gem from the episode "The Empath" for Indigo, but that's a bit obscure. Lt. Ilia was repurposed as Troi when they scrapped the idea for a Phase II series with the original cast and later came up with Next Generation, but from what we actually SAW of her in the movie, I'm not seeing so much of the compassion angle, aside from that one time she soothed Chekov's pain from his burned hands.

Harry Mudd would make a good Orange Lantern, I think, if he would fit your criteria. If it has to be an alien race (there certainly isn't any member of the regular cast that would work) then I don't know. I don't recall any alien races known for their greed in the Original Series.

Khan might make a good Yellow. Or Captain Garth. A Horta would work if they didn't turn out to be misunderstood. Redjac would be ideal, except how do you represent an evil energy being that possessed people?

You could use a Deltan as a Sapphire, I suppose. Or go really bizarre and use a Tribble.

The problem I see with using a Romulan as anything is that, even if you could decide on an emotion that they represented, without their regular constuming they are pretty much indistinguishable from a Vulcan. And I've no idea what emotion Andorians would represent.
                Ugh! Star Trek V, what an unpleasant memory! Well, I will take some artistic license in who gets what color. I will try to balance character/emotional spectrum traits along with what color looks best for each character. With Spock he just looks good in blue, in addition, HOPE is represented by means of LOGIC. The Klingon seemed a good fit for RAGE...Yes Romulans are largely physically indistinguishable from Vulcans, (except for the ridged foreheaded ones in the movies or the NOSFERATU like Remans) and I want as much variety of alien races as possible. Thanks for looking!

Comment

Might want to fit a Gorn in there, I suppose. Definitely will give you some variety of appearance. Wouldn't be the absolute best fit for Yellow, but if you were to use them that's where I'd put 'em.

And if you want to go the "lust" angle with Violet, you could use an Orion Slave Woman, though with the green skin that might not look so great with the costume.

And despite his curmudgeon image, Dr. McCoy is pretty compassionate, so he might work for Indigo. Even got an outfit for him.

Mister Ed
                  Horse of a Different Color
                  Last edited by Mister Ed; 04-30-2013, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Might want to fit a Gorn in there, I suppose. Definitely will give you some variety of appearance. Wouldn't be the absolute best fit for Yellow, but if you were to use them that's where I'd put 'em.

And if you want to go the "lust" angle with Violet, you could use an Orion Slave Woman, though with the green skin that might not look so great with the costume.

And despite his curmudgeon image, Dr. McCoy is pretty compassionate, so he might work for Indigo. Even got an outfit for him.

Thanks for the ideas!

Comment

Working...
                    X