The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 02-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
Hobby One Kenobi

Default Lost Season 6 The Final Season SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally got a chance to watch LAX from tuesday & it was pretty good esp. with the two different timelines. The 2004 timeline makes me curious how things will end because we see the island on the bottom of the ocean at the beginning implying I assume "Jughead" went off since they never buried it. And with Desmond on the plane means he never landed on the island, which I assume will horribly alter his story.

And the current time line where everyone is back in the same time but now we have the others & this mystical temple & a new batch of characters, along with Cindy & the kids taken in season 2.

But on the plus side we finally got to see who the smoke monster is, anyone else like/dislike LAX?
Old 02-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
Shingo Wol

It was pretty good, But The Smoke Monster Isn't Locke (Highlight) It just turned into him right?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I liked the episode, but I'm not sure how I feel about this seasn's version of flashbacks. Are we going to spend the ENTIRE season developing two timelines' worth of stories? There are only what, 15 episodes left? Isn't there enough to wrap up without devoting an entire season to the ramifications of Jack's decision to blow up the bomb?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

And are Locke and Said REALLY dead? Or will they come back during this season? The idea of Jacob and his unnamed nemesis using their bodies to wage their struggle is fine, but I hope it doesn't last the whole season.

I've long though Richard arrived on the island in that pirate ship that's in the middle of the island, and it looks like we'll finally get an answer soon. What was that about him being in chains? Was he some kind of slave? A prisoner? And why does it seem like he's the only one who doesn't age? Why do the others age?

And how many groups of friggin others are there? Now we have a whole new cast of others in this temple! At least we found out what happened to the kids who were kidknapped early in the series.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #5
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cormier View Post
I liked the episode, but I'm not sure how I feel about this seasn's version of flashbacks. Are we going to spend the ENTIRE season developing two timelines' worth of stories? There are only what, 15 episodes left? Isn't there enough to wrap up without devoting an entire season to the ramifications of Jack's decision to blow up the bomb?
I really hope the alternate timeline doesn't last the entire season. I think its cool to see, but its no where as interesting as the island timeline. Especially because there is no real connection between the characters anymore.

Quote:
And are Locke and Said REALLY dead? Or will they come back during this season? The idea of Jacob and his unnamed nemesis using their bodies to wage their struggle is fine, but I hope it doesn't last the whole season.

I've long though Richard arrived on the island in that pirate ship that's in the middle of the island, and it looks like we'll finally get an answer soon. What was that about him being in chains? Was he some kind of slave? A prisoner? And why does it seem like he's the only one who doesn't age? Why do the others age?

And how many groups of friggin others are there? Now we have a whole new cast of others in this temple! At least we found out what happened to the kids who were kidknapped early in the series.
Well we know that Sayid is alive because he got up at the end of the episode. I actually hope the mystery of Richard's past and immortality doesn't get solved.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
Shingo Wol

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I really hope the alternate timeline doesn't last the entire season. I think its cool to see, but its no where as interesting as the island timeline. Especially because there is no real connection between the characters anymore.
Mabye they plan to show us that whether they crashed on the island or not they are all connected.

Like how the Cab Kate commandeered had Claire in it.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #7
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Yeah, but that's not interesting.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
TheGoatLantern
Beta-Lantern

I don't know why but I really enjoy the show, i think it's because I haven't quite figured it out, and the challenge of trying to deduce what is going on keeps me interested. This episode was exactly what the season premiere should have been, answera few of the cliffhanger questions last season's finale had and bring more questions to fuel this season. The divergent timelines idea is a little played out, not just for this show but for J.J. Abrams as well. I think they will somehow bring all the Oceanic survivors together in the new timeline to show that you really can't change destiny and that they were on that flight for a higher purpose, what that is I can't really say ( haven't figured that out yet). One last thing, I though it was established that the smoke monster was the defense mechanism for the temple the others are staying in? And why couldn't the monster kill Jacob? Can it only kill those with bad or evil intent? Damn so many questions! No wonder I went to bed with a headache!

She blinded me with SCIENCE!
TheGoatLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #9
W.West

I don't remember his name, but the drug smuggler who was on the island was killed by the monster(or at least hurt..it was so long ago). I don't think the smoke monster has morals, I just think he knows that Jacob would have seen it coming and he probably can't become the smoke monster when Jacob is near.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #10
W.West

I don't remember his name, but the drug smuggler who was on the island was killed by the monster(or at least hurt..it was so long ago). I don't think the smoke monster has morals, I just think he knows that Jacob would have seen it coming and he probably can't become the smoke monster when Jacob is near.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #11
Shingo Wol

It''s still a great show though.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #12
TheGoatLantern
Beta-Lantern

Mr. echo wasn't killed the first time he encountered the smoke monster, he stared it down, and it really looked like it judged him (inside the smoke were flashes of light depicting several important events in his life). It wasn't until he encountered it the second time that he was killed by it. And Richard told the others on the beach to put their guns down, and even Ben warned Jacob's bodyguards not to shoot Locke/ Smoke Monster.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
Shingo Wol

Dude.. Eko's Death was one of the ones that pissed me off. That and Charlie.

And where the hell is Michael??
Old 02-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #14
TheGoatLantern
Beta-Lantern

Michael done got blowed up on the boat.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #15
Shingo Wol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
Michael done got blowed up on the boat.
Oh yeah... The explosion Jin survived right?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #16
TheGoatLantern
Beta-Lantern

yup.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #17
TheGoatLantern
Beta-Lantern

remember Jack's dad showed up right before the bomb went off and basically told him that he could finally die

Old 02-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #18
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I liked how they showed the dead body of the guy who got pulled through that hole in the wall forever ago. We know he didn't make it!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #19
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Shouldn't Michael be showing up in the new timeline flashbacks then? Maybe he's not because the kid that played Walt is now too old to use for 2004 scenes. I bet they'll just gloss right over him.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #20
TheGoatLantern
Beta-Lantern

I'm so annoyed by the fact that i have so many questions! I'm not sure they could answer all of them in 15 or so episodes...

Old 02-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #21
TheGoatLantern
Beta-Lantern

Quote:
Shouldn't Michael be showing up in the new timeline flashbacks then? Maybe he's not because the kid that played Walt is now too old to use for 2004 scenes. I bet they'll just gloss right over him.
Technically he should be there and I think you hit the nail right on the head. remember that Michele rodriguez should be there too, along with Eko and the other "tail" survivors

Old 02-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #22
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Dammit! This was the only episode I missed in 6 seasons. I hope they replay it next week during the 8:00 hour.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #23
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

There were a LOT of people on that plane. I guess they could gloss over them and justify it that not all their experiences in the new timeline are important to the story, but wasn't the point that they were all meant to be on that plane, and thus the island?

What I really don't want to see is the new timeline to be the "real" one. After 5 seasons, all of us fans are pretty invested on the story they've told. Changing time seems like a real cheat. I'm hoping in a few episodes that they end this flashback thing and the "real" timeline wins out. Too many things to deal with to get me into adventures that happen in an alternate timeline. Deal with the one you've been telling for five years!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #24
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
Mr. echo wasn't killed the first time he encountered the smoke monster, he stared it down, and it really looked like it judged him (inside the smoke were flashes of light depicting several important events in his life). It wasn't until he encountered it the second time that he was killed by it. And Richard told the others on the beach to put their guns down, and even Ben warned Jacob's bodyguards not to shoot Locke/ Smoke Monster.
Yeah, Ben stopped them from shooting fake Locke for their own safety. But that doesn't mean the smoke monster/Locke only kills those with bad intent. I mean, how bad can they be if they swear by Jacob?

Quote:
There were a LOT of people on that plane. I guess they could gloss over them and justify it that not all their experiences in the new timeline are important to the story, but wasn't the point that they were all meant to be on that plane, and thus the island?
Well, it was a pretty big plane. And keep in mind that we went what 2 seasons before meeting the tail end of the plane survivors? I'm okay not seeing everyone again, its perfectly fine to assume they are on the plane.

Quote:
What I really don't want to see is the new timeline to be the "real" one. After 5 seasons, all of us fans are pretty invested on the story they've told. Changing time seems like a real cheat. I'm hoping in a few episodes that they end this flashback thing and the "real" timeline wins out. Too many things to deal with to get me into adventures that happen in an alternate timeline. Deal with the one you've been telling for five years!
AGREED.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #25
Gil Kane
Hal's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby One Kenobi View Post
And with Desmond on the plane means he never landed on the island, which I assume will horribly alter his story
But… Was Desmond really on the plane? Did he interact with anyone besides Jack? Remember Rose & Bernard never saw him….

And what’s with the Stewardess who showed up in the Temple? What was is she said about being with them on the first plane?

And is Sayid really alive? Or is he Jacobs host now?
Gil Kane is offline   Reply With Quote