GL Villains For Film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
    Movies like this can live or die on the quality of the villain and I am not sure that GL really has any villain nearly as interesting. [as Sinestro]
    I actually take it back. I think Johns did a good job building up Black Hand and using Black Lanterns as a good way to bring in the rest of the DCU. However, DC's movie universe currently doesn't have enough dead heroes to make that scenario as dramatic as it could be.

I'd still use Sinestro but to make it a less cosmic story and a little more "down to earth," maybe have it be about Sinestro (using either the Qwardians or Manhunters) enslaving his planet and how Hal and a couple other GL's (with the help of either Katma or Soranik) defeat him. (as long it's not just a bunch of different colored ring-slingers shooting at each other in space - yawn!)

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
      I actually take it back. I think Johns did a good job building up Black Hand and using Black Lanterns as a good way to bring in the rest of the DCU. . .
      And I was going to say Silver Age Black Hand. Actually, Silver Age Tattooed Man and Black Hand were my favorite villains.

No zombie necrophiliacs here!

Comment

:sigh: have sinestro be like how he was from first flight. have the film open of him training hal on oa in a obiwan/ luke type relationship ( no fuckin orgin of hal). introduce a plot line where sinestro becomes the dirty cop and slowly show his down fall. introduce a villain like kinjaro to give the film a great villain.
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Targaryen View Post
          What a mort of the month he was! Sadly though, I've almost pulled the trigger on more than one occasion to buy a javelin custom figure on ebay.
          Someone actually made a custom Javelin figure? LOL! Talk about obscure. They should have given him dialogue bubbles with German phrases too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
            Someone actually made a custom Javelin figure? LOL! Talk about obscure. They should have given him dialogue bubbles with German phrases too.
            Hell, I've seen him a few times. I check for customs daily for ideas and the odd thing I still don't have. The odd part is that I keep seeing Javelins with incorrect costumes. You'd think if you were going to bother doing something that obscure, you'd at LEAST get the frigging costume right.

Comment

Javelin could be re-worked to be okay. He will never be a top villian but you could make a new angle for him to play. If Dethstroke can make it on TV then there is a shot for other crappy villian as well. Let's be honest The two biggest villians in DC are a Clown and a bald evil Richie Rich. When you really stand back and look at it no concept is too strange to work.
              Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

The only reason that Luthor and Joker are DC's two biggest villains are because they are the first and second. I'm not sure how you could re-tool Javelin to be a huge threat. I mean, all he does is throw trick javelins and his main enemy is a GL, who could squash him with ease. To make him more of a threat to GL, he would probably be revamped to have some kind of emotional power that blocks GL's ring energy.

Comment

A number-two pencil.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                    A threat to Hal Jordan AND Alan Scott!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                      Javelin could be re-worked to be okay. He will never be a top villian but you could make a new angle for him to play. If Dethstroke can make it on TV then there is a shot for other crappy villian as well. Let's be honest The two biggest villians in DC are a Clown and a bald evil Richie Rich. When you really stand back and look at it no concept is too strange to work.
                      I would maybe approach not having him be a direct threat to Green Lantern. I would lose trick Javelins. I would say that he has the ability to see a target in his mind and hit it with a Javelin from just insane distances. Making him a sniper type character. You have him find out Hal's secret identity then you have drama insue. GL can't be everywhere at once so someone is gonna be unprotected. When that relization comes to him he will be afraid. and fear is the one weakness a GL has now.

Or lazy style would be just make him a Qwardian who throws qwa-bolts. I mean if any body has anti lantern weapons (wich I agree is stupid,thanks Venditti) it would be the weaponers of Qwardian who not only live for war and weapons but also have had a long grudge against GL.

All that said though. there is no reason to bring him back. I would like to see Sonar though.

Comment

Eclipso is a good one who could pose a real threat. He'd probably need to be retooled in a way to tie him in with Hal or the corps somehow for a movie, but he's been reinvented a few times so mucking with his origin wouldn't be sacrilegious.

Ugh - I just had a terrible thought of Dr. Light's origin being tied into the rainbow corps .... bad, bad brain....

Comment

Or better yet...DON'T tie the villain into the Lanterns. That's the biggest failing of the modern comics in that everything's tied into the "emotional spectrum." It's incredibly limiting, and results in the same stories being told over and over again.
                          The last fan of 1990s comics
                          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

I think you need some dissaposable bad guys,so GL can open a can of whoopass. Let people see what he is capable of. Sinestro main badie,but has Henchmen like Man Hunters or a Qward army.

Comment

Yes! Weaponers!
                              The last fan of 1990s comics
                              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                                Originally posted by Big Daddy Targaryen View Post
                                A threat to Hal Jordan AND Alan Scott!
                                WB, make this happen!!!
                                Originally posted by IonFan
                                (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                                Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                                If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                                Originally posted by Quaker
                                I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Working...
                                X