No announcement yet.

Weird News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly. Had a similar issue where I work, one elderly person would intentionally smear their turd in the bathroom sink and then put it in the trash can. Cleaning staff loathed restoring the room every time.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• I guess this goes here:

Olympic silver medallist charged with being drug kingpin

Comment

• I saw them pass over LA and counted 59 of them. I figured they were military jets.

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2021/02...9111613685872/

Comment

• Soon-to-be father killed planning gender reveal party as device explodes in New York

Comment

• Coca cola is forcing employees to take a training course to be less white. Ps4 dosent allow me to post links but you can find still images of the training video through tweets . Good thing im a pepsi guy. Coca cola has always been trash as a drink
            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• I saw the screenshots. It really does seem problematic to me. I mean, the focus of the training seems to be to try to adjust people's attitudes in ways that are admirable (be less arrogant, be less oppressive, be less defensive, etc.), but where it becomes problematic, in my eyes, is where it links all these negative attributes as intrinsic to being white, so that it paints a thoroughly negative stereotype of white people, then says "be less white".

Now the difference, I suppose, is that as a white person, if I worked for a company that required that training, I don't think I would take it to heart, or feel truly threatened. I'd just roll my eyes and dismiss the training as thoroughly biased.

I expect that if there were ever a situation where employees were forced to take a training linking many negative traits to being black, and were told explicitly to "be less black" (I imagine that has been the case, though perhaps not so explicitly), THAT would feel a lot more threatening to the black people forced to undergo it, because society has not, historically, allowed them to simply shrug off that kind of nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                I saw the screenshots. It really does seem problematic to me. I mean, the focus of the training seems to be to try to adjust people's attitudes in ways that are admirable (be less arrogant, be less oppressive, be less defensive, etc.), but where it becomes problematic, in my eyes, is where it links all these negative attributes as intrinsic to being white, so that it paints a thoroughly negative stereotype of white people, then says "be less white".

Now the difference, I suppose, is that as a white person, if I worked for a company that required that training, I don't think I would take it to heart, or feel truly threatened. I'd just roll my eyes and dismiss the training as thoroughly biased.

I expect that if there were ever a situation where employees were forced to take a training linking many negative traits to being black, and were told explicitly to "be less black" (I imagine that has been the case, though perhaps not so explicitly), THAT would feel a lot more threatening to the black people forced to undergo it, because society has not, historically, allowed them to simply shrug off that kind of nonsense.
                I wouldnt put myself in that situation because id rather work from home. If other buisnesses follow Coca colas be less white agenda your going to see more people deciding to work from home to avoid pc bs. No company would ever do a be less black latio arab gay course or be less male course. Note that hip-hop wich is a black music art dominates tv adds and fashion. How many country rock or metal songs do you see used in tv adds? Zero. Major leauge sports like basketball and football are dominate black. If someone said the nba or nfl needs to be less black people would lose there shit. I just recently got unbanbed on Facebook two days ago for saying todays hip-hop isnt hip-hop i prefer hip-hop from 70s to early 2000s. I was told just because im white i cant have a opinion. I replied with isnt it racist to assume only black people listen to hip-hop? Isnt it racist to assume only white people listen to country ? I personaly hate country music . Isn't it racist to assume martial arts is only done by Japanese Chinese Korean and philipino? To assume that is racist. Excuse my rant but this systemic racist debate is bs because if the us was why would we have holidays or parades celebrating black history cinco de mayo Ramadan eid hanhuka women appreciation day gay pride? Have you been following the china thing about concentration camps where a estimated 1 million Chinese muslims are incarcerated simply for religion? Talk about oppression. I watched 3 documentaries about it yesterday where some prisoners who got released go into graphic detail about torture and women being sterilized. At 36 years old i never thought id see such evil in my lifetime and people think they have it bad here. If people really hate it here they can give there citizendhip to someone who can really appreciate it. They wouldnt because there spoiled privileged brats that know they have it made here. Im really irked by this for me its not a political party thing its a human rights thing and people dont appreciate what they have.
                TazzMission
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by TazzMission; 02-23-2021, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• You have to be careful not to fall into the trap of using "There are far worse places" as justification for assuming what we have here is perfect, and we shouldn't address any problems.

Comparing oneself to Hitler always makes one look good by comparison, but I can't let the fact that I'm a better person than Hitler convince me that I don't need to improve anything about myself.

I'm not saying we need to uncritically accept any and all claims about how our country needs to do things differently (that wouldn't even be possible, since there are conflicting claims), but we also can't afford to fool ourselves into thinking our country has no problem because "just look at CHINA!".

Comment

You have to be careful not to fall into the trap of using "There are far worse places" as justification for assuming what we have here is perfect, and we shouldn't address any problems.

".
                    We aren't perfect but in terms of human rights dont we have the best? If we weren't known to have great human rights why would immigrants migrate here legally and illegally? Do you see people still owning slaves ? Do you see anyone who has a religion being locked up? Do you see jews and gays be shipped away on trains and executed for simply being gay or Jewish? People talk like the cages at the border are similar wich they aren't. People aren't just being jailed for being Mexican. There being jailed for illegally entering the usa where there clothed and fed get medical care none of the women were sterilized. If people think punishing bad behavior wich anyone can do because behavior isnt race exclusive like crime murder rape illegal entery is inhumane why have laws or a justice system at all? Do we just decent into lawlessness because of hurt feelings? Do we just let all the white school shooters off for slaughtering there class mates and teachers because todays pussy generation thinks prison is inhumane and guards are to mean ? Its fucking prison not a resort. These are questions people dont ask or dont think about. I never paid attention in school because i never cared. I was in special ed with a 4th grade education same for politics i never cared until last year and the older i get the more i read. I read everyday i study everyday because knowledge is the best weapon to have and its important to known whats going on at this time in the world. I put the work in to better myself not everyone does
                    TazzMission
                    Guardian of the Universe
                    Last edited by TazzMission; 02-23-2021, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• I imagine many would argue that we aren't "the best" on human rights, even though we are clearly much better than many other places.

I'm not saying our country is horrible, but there is a sort of knee-jerk defensiveness we have to be wary of. Yes, some criticisms I hear seem unfair, and some "solutions" (abolish the police, really?) seem borderline crazy, but there is a real danger inherent in snapping back against ANY criticisms with a knee-jerk comparisons to places that are much worse.

People always seem to be willing to admit that we're "not perfect", but if that admission doesn't come with a willingness to at least consider proposed improvements, then it feels rather dishonest.

Like I said, I know some criticisms may seem unfair, but even in those cases it seems like it is important to try to have a dialogue, because it seems to me like, usually, even if you don't agree with their estimation of the extent of the problem, or the exact nature of it, if we're honest and willing to consider things, we find that there is SOME kind of problem at the root, and nothing is served by just defensively denying that, and pointing to China or Nazi Germany. Nothing will EVER improve that way, and if we truly believe our country isn't PERFECT, we should be looking for ways to improve it.

Comment

I imagine many would argue that we aren't "the best" on human rights, even though we are clearly much better than many other places.

I'm not saying our country is horrible, but there is a sort of knee-jerk defensiveness we have to be wary of. Yes, some criticisms I hear seem unfair, and some "solutions" (abolish the police, really?) seem borderline crazy, but there is a real danger inherent in snapping back against ANY criticisms with a knee-jerk comparisons to places that are much worse.

People always seem to be willing to admit that we're "not perfect", but if that admission doesn't come with a willingness to at least consider proposed improvements, then it feels rather dishonest.

Like I said, I know some criticisms may seem unfair, but even in those cases it seems like it is important to try to have a dialogue, because it seems to me like, usually, even if you don't agree with their estimation of the extent of the problem, or the exact nature of it, if we're honest and willing to consider things, we find that there is SOME kind of problem at the root, and nothing is served by just defensively denying that, and pointing to China or Nazi Germany. Nothing will EVER improve that way, and if we truly believe our country isn't PERFECT, we should be looking for ways to improve it.
                        Nothings perfect because life itself isnt. Throughout human history when human beings evolved who had it perfect even better what country throughout the world's existence was a perfect country?
                        How would you define a perfect life , country or world?
                        TazzMission
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by TazzMission; 02-23-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• The fact that we cannot realistically attain perfection doesn't mean we shouldn't be open to improvements. That's all I'm saying. Nothing is served by shutting down all criticism.

Comment

The fact that we cannot realistically attain perfection doesn't mean we shouldn't be open to improvements. That's all I'm saying. Nothing is served by shutting down all criticism.
                            I never said shutdown criticism but people have this picture perfect world where everyone gets along. I truly believe thats not possible. Its like almost asking can good exist without the bad and can the bad exist without the good? i dont think it can
                            TazzMission
                            Guardian of the Universe
                            Last edited by TazzMission; 02-23-2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Twitter fixes bug that suspended users for posting the word "Memphis"

Comment

• I almost shit when I saw the headline. But...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-dis...182017135.html

Comment

Working...
                                X