Clear All

• Sinestro 15 *Previews/Reviews*

Preview: Sinestro #15

14.29%
    28.57%
    28.57%
    28.57%
    0.00%

So, the important thing to me here was to find out that baked ham and cheese wheels are universal foods!

But seriously, great stuff from EVS.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

But seriously, great stuff from EVS.
      i don't see what everyone sees in his art. i think it looks terrible in this issue. the anatomy is so weird.

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
        i don't see what everyone sees in his art. i think it looks terrible in this issue. the anatomy is so weird.
        He's not the most realistic, but I'd take his exaggerated features over Mahnke's any day of the week.

Comment

Okay, i haven't read the Lobo series at any recent time, having just gone through no# 10.

That being said, you go to the DC website and you read the story lead-up it sounds like Lobo is gunning for Sinestro instead of working for him.

Where is this disconnect? Or is Lobo doing like a double deal on Sinestro when the time comes and will take him down at an opportune moment?

I did not like this issue. Saint Walker is definitely acting opposite to his character which seemed to have been portrayed almost like a mild religious fanatic instead of like a burnt out priest ministering to the teeming masses in Calcutta or somewhere like that.

Then again, I guess you could explain the reason being that with the great vanishing of the GLC, that symbiotic component to the Blue/Green lantern corps might have left him feeling at a loss somehow.

Makes no sense to me. The universe has been kicking the Blue's asses narratively speaking for a long while now, and he seemed fairly indomitable. Now he seems rather lost and submissive at the moment.

I'm hoping Soranik comes to the rescue at some point. OR the return of the GLC.

Comment

Originally posted by Locomoco808 View Post
            Okay, i haven't read the Lobo series at any recent time, having just gone through no# 10.

That being said, you go to the DC website and you read the story lead-up it sounds like Lobo is gunning for Sinestro instead of working for him.

Where is this disconnect? Or is Lobo doing like a double deal on Sinestro when the time comes and will take him down at an opportune moment? . . .
            I was wondering that. I didn't really want to read Lobo #10, but I definitely don't want to read the ones that aren't directly connected.

Comment

Not even a good issue. Lobo was a decent introduction to the series, and Sinestro still plotting as ever. Saint Walker is acting like a b***h. And who knew Lyssa was a ho.
              Tarmode
              Green Lantern Initiate
              Last edited by Tarmode; 09-25-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

I am not sure I like this issue. The new Lobo is... odd. I dislike any creative work, comic or otherwise, try to make a new/transformed character "bad ass", because strength of character came with time yet authors sometimes are so eager to make readers accept the character they force a "badass" personality/feat down our throat, overlooking the fact that a character doesn't have to act violent or talk trash to be a strong character.

As for Sajnt Walker, what the hell, he doesn't even sound hopeful. He experienced worse in his life, even before he met his ring, yet he's behaving like he can't do anything without the green. Where's the tough guy we knew and love, who defies Atricitus and the Blue Scarabs even when his ring was power down?
                :Gray Lantern the True Neutral:

Cyberium of Sector 614, you foresee great HOPE in our future.

Comment

Maybe the loss of thousands of the universe's greatest willpower wielders took a toll on Saint Walker. Everywhere he goes he can't get that boost he needs to continue his mission. He should be kind of worn down physically and emotionally to point where a surprise attack by Lobo should overtake him.

Now him joining Sinestro I may have a problem with. He should be questioning and doubting Sinestro as much as Soranik used to.

Still an interesting issue though. I enjoyed it.

Comment

Funny, I didn't take this bleak view of Walker at all. I thought of him more as say a missionary or UN worker who loses their funding but decides to stay and do whatever they can with the resources around.

Comment

The general view of the various corps leaders, they way they're portrayed, they're not just the leaders of their respective groups, they're its champions.

Indigo-1. Atrocitous. Larfleeze. Sinestro. Heck, Hal Jordan killed a #%$@ guardian bypassing his rings failsafes.

But thanks to plot-armor, Guy somehow out-angered Atrocitous. And for plot convention, Saint Walker gets to be this submissive, ephemeral, down-on-his-luck wimp of a guy, who in one panel looks sidelong at Sinestro asking, "you will let me keep my ring?". WTF?! He gets knocked out in one punch. This is the suppose to be the same guy that stood his ground against Arkillo in New Guardians and blasted Relic in the face.

(Side note: when he was fighting off Relic from the central battery on Elpis, you see like his ring make one of those ring comments when something notable is happening and in blue it says <Will> when he blasts Relic. Somehow implying he was using his inner will to bolster the ring's power. Make's sense that someone who was uber strong in hope can also mean he's strong in similar other emotions like will)

Seems like bad writing, at least for this issue. Respect the integrity that comes with the character.

And what about Future's End and that plot line? They killed off Rankorr, he's suppose to wind up with Bleeze right? That issue where Guy is now a blue lantern? I guess he'll have to be resurrected at some point.....

Oh, and Lobo. This guy is cheesy. Somehow, when you though Lobo couldn't get more lame, they give him a Criss Angel makeover.
                      Locomoco808
                      Kilowog's Recruit
                      Last edited by Locomoco808; 09-26-2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Locomoco808 View Post
                        . . . And what about Future's End and that plot line? They killed off Rankorr, he's suppose to wind up with Bleeze right? That issue where Guy is now a blue lantern? I guess he'll have to be resurrected at some point...
                        I take all of "Future's End" with less than a grain of salt. Even at the time, DC said it was a possible future. Now, it seems several things have been undone from that timeline.

Comment

Spoilers re: Lobo annual #1

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          I was wondering that. I didn't really want to read Lobo #10, but I definitely don't want to read the ones that aren't directly connected.
                          So I went ahead and checked out Lobo annual no#1. Apparently it was all a ruse from the start. Lobo is part of some intergalactic assassin guild and his contract was to kill Sinestro. By the time he gets around to taking Sinestro on directly at New Korugar, Sinestro reveals the hit on him was merely a test and Lobo just passed.

From that point on he is Sinestro's hired gun in the Sinestro comics.

Though it STILL does not explain why the advertising lead-ins to the upcoming comics still narrates like Lobo is gunning for Sinestro.

Comment

Four stars. Several readers have already voiced their problems with this issue.

We find out where Saint Walker has been all this time. Why is Saint Walker in the Sinestro comic, you ask? Because it's the only comic left dealing with all of the Emotional Spectrum and the Corps. Green Lantern is solely Hal Jordan now. GL: Lost Army is getting cancelled, with Omega Men after it. Sinestro is trying to replace the entire GLC with his own Sinestro Corps, all 3600 rings of it. So if you want to read about the other Corps, this is your book.

But back to the planet Arklu in Sector 2828, a drought-stricken, Mother Teresa and Calcutta type planet. Saint Walker has been called a "burnt out priest" in this thread. I agree that "loss of thousands of the universe's greatest willpower wielders took a toll on Saint Walker". After losing Kyle Rayner, the Torch Bearer and personal friend, to Relic, after losing the entire Blue Lantern Corps with the exception of himself to Relic, and with Kyle & the GLC being lost again, Saint Walker is a missionary who has discovered his limits. And this is after losing his family to natural disaster and stopping the Red Lantern Corps and engaging in Blackest Night and Brightest Day.

But this episode has too much of the "new" Lobo. Lobo doesn't like the Sinestro rings hovering around him like mosquitoes around prime Angus beef. But Sinestro himself? He isn't about to change his rings' programming to suit one lone bounty hunter. Sinestro remains in charge, in control, of everything. Which includes showing the Sinestro Corps can be both punisher...and savior to planets like Arklu in Sector 2828. Fear of loss of your benefactor counts in a dictatorship very easily. And controlling the last Blue power ring is also on Sinestro's agenda. His "Sciences Division" sounds right out of Nazi Germany's concentration camps' experimentation on live human subjects.

Artwork was excellent, I'm not getting how precise penciling, vibrant colors, proper use of shadows and perspective, and recognizable faces is putting some readers off. Characterizations were also spot-on, with the exception of Saint Walker, but we had to catch up to what he's been feeling since Relic killed the rest of the BLC. Saint Walker has hope again, but he is fully aware that without the GLC reviving his own BLC is limited. He probably doesn't even have the Central Blue Lantern Power Battery any more, just his own Blue Lantern in his extradimensional pocket.

But Sinestro's "prime focus" remains showing the universe as quickly as possible that the GLC is down, say hello to the new boss. This issue shows that.

Comment

He wants to run the universe, but can't even keep his lady in check.Maybe Bekka has feelings for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X