Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 Judge Dredd Wall Calendar, please help me find one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [WTB] 1996 Judge Dredd Wall Calendar, please help me find one!

EDIT: I finally found one, so nothing to see here, move along...

Hello all;

Somewhere in my collection, I have the 1996 Judge Dredd Wall Calendar. These would have been sold in book stores and comic shops across the United States back in the fall of 1995, its release having been timed to coincide with the release of the Sylvester Stallone movie.

I need to scan an image of Dredd that was in that calendar, because I have been unable to find a digital copy of the image, despite years of scouring the internet in search of it. Unfortunately, I can no longer locate my copy of the calendar. It's somewhere in my collection, but I have no clue where.

THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN. I need assistance to locate another copy. This is what the cover of the calendar looks like:

I have already checked the usual suspects. There are none on eBay, nor have there been at any time in the recent past. There are none on Amazon, although checking their site did help me obtain the ISBN info for the calendar. I then used that the search on ABE Books (a search engine for rare and out-of-print books and other products that have an ISBN.) That also turned up bupkus.

But while I'm on the subject, here's the ISBN info from Amazon...

ISBN-10: 0781912520
    ISBN-13: 978-0781912525

With the summer convention season upon us, I know that at least a few of you will find yourselves in large rooms full of dealers specializing in comic book and SF memorabilia. I also know that at least some of you may visit shops specializing in SF & comic memorabilia that would have old, out-of-print items such as this. Find me this calendar, if you can. I'd prefer it in Near Mint condition, but at this point, as long as it's complete and in good shape, I'll be satisfied.

If you can track one down, or already have one you wouldn't mind parting with, shoot me a Private Message. Thanks in advance for your cooperation, citizens!
    Jack T. Chance
    Really knows where his towel is!
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 09-16-2014, 11:01 PM.

*BUMP!* The Sandy Eggo Comic Con's well under way and I still want one of these! A little help here would be hot.

Comment

Nevermind, I FINALLY found one on eBay. Thanks ever so much for all the assists, poozers!

Comment

Finally! I actually looked around google and ebay a couple of times. But if anyone was going to track it down, it was you. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
          Finally! I actually looked around google and ebay a couple of times. But if anyone was going to track it down, it was you. Congrats!
          Thanks! Unfortunately, my memory is unreliable at best. The calendar arrived yesterday, but the image I'm looking for is NOT in that calendar, so now I have no CLUE where I saw it, which is only going to make it even MORE improbable to track down.

I've literally spent YEARS searching for a particular piece of Judge Dredd art off and on. I've spent many hours scouring the interwebz for the image I'm looking for, to no avail.

Comment

I had the chance to meet in France Mr. Patt Mills co-creator of Judge dreed ... good luck on your purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by krona1968 View Post
              I had the chance to meet in France Mr. Patt Mills co-creator of Judge dreed ... good luck on your purchase.
              It's very interesting that you say that. You see, the Co-Creators of Judge Dredd were Writer John Wagner and Artist Carlos Ezquerra, both of whom still work on the strip from time to time to this very day. But they are the officially recognized co-creators of the strip. Who is Pat Mills and what did he do on the strip? Writer? Artist?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
                It's very interesting that you say that. You see, the Co-Creators of Judge Dredd were Writer John Wagner and Artist Carlos Ezquerra, both of whom still work on the strip from time to time to this very day. But they are the officially recognized co-creators of the strip. Who is Pat Mills and what did he do on the strip? Writer? Artist?
                BIOGRAPHY :

Pat Mills was born in 1949, a British screenwriter He began his career as an editorial assistant in a magazine romantic comics for teenagers, then as a writer at DC Thomson in the 60s he met John Wagner and together they will work as independents for IPC (Fleetway). In 1972, he wrote Yellowknife of the Yard with John Wagner in Valiant. A series led Long Knife, Long Knife Scotland Yard or Yellowknife Yard published in several journals (Teepee, Carbine Slim, Janus Stark (Special), and Wild Trails Whipii!). In 1975, he participated in the Rat Pack series published in the "Battle" magazine (Five Commando ATEMI). The same year, he wrote in The Final Victim "Valiant Book of Magic and Mystery in 1976" for Joe Colquhoun. Also in 1975, he imagines The Flight of the Golden Hinde published in the journal BATTLE (Golden Hinde in Bengali) They can not stop or Bullet published in the same journal (The Go-Getter also in Bengali). In 1977, he founded the magazine "2000 AD" and became its first editor. That year, he created Flesh appeared in the magazine "2000 AD" (in Antares (Special)), but also always Invasion in the journal "2000 AD." The same year he created with John Wagner Gaunt series published in the journal "Battle", translated into Iron Hand in ATEMI. He is also the co-creator John Wagner Judge Dredd which he particularly found the name. In 1979, he created one of his major series Charley's War with Joe Colquhoun drawing published in the journals "Battle" and Eagle until 1988 There will write the whole part about the First World War. In France, the series will be published under the name of Charley Goes to War in ATEMI and Bengali. The same year, he wrote the SF ABC Warriors series with Carlos Ezquerra published in France in album. It will also be the team of writers working on MACH 1 published in the journal "2000 AD" (Force X in the eponymous magazine and Super Force). He was responsible for many other characters like Slaine or Marshall Law Nemesis the Warlock. He continued his career in England as well as in the USA or France.

Text : Dominik Vallet

As I said earlier, I had the chance to meet Pat Mills on a festival of comics this summer in the south of France and I can assure you that it is co-creator of Judge Dredd. His work on the War of Charley is really great! Recognized by Alan Moore who said work "no one has managed to present itself as just the inhumanity and misery that Pat Mills and Joe Colquhoun in the war masterpiece Charley."

Comment

Okay, did some digging on my own...

Here's the credits as per Wikipedia...
                  Created by John Wagner (writer)
                  Carlos Ezquerra (artist)
                  Pat Mills (editor)
                  Crediting the Editor of a comic or magazine as one of the creators of a particular comic character is not at all typical in the industry. The credit typically goes to the Writer and Artist, and that's it.

In fact, Wikipedia adds this tidbit:
                  The character was created by writer John Wagner and artist Carlos Ezquerra, with contributions to his early development by editor Pat Mills.
                  In watching the documentaries on the Blu-Ray of 2012's film adaptation DREDD, I don't remember Pat Mills' contributions even being mentioned when the creation of the character was discussed. Looks like I now have an excuse to watch them again!

Comment

Working...
                  X