Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Blue Lantern Drawing

ok, my newest drawing, of my character, wraith
    its been a while sicne i posted anything so here you go!

i like..drawn very well..and the coloring..wow. if i had to rate it.. 5/5

Comment

The inking on the costume seems to throw off the depth of it, some grays and shiny areas would make it look like it has more depth.

Comment

What about the tendrils on his back?

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by Matt.Corps2814 View Post
          i like..drawn very well..and the coloring..wow. if i had to rate it.. 5/5
          thx! ^_^
          Originally posted by MasonACBB View Post
          The inking on the costume seems to throw off the depth of it, some grays and shiny areas would make it look like it has more depth.
          um, what do u mean by depth? xD
          shiny areas yes, but grays? :/
          Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
          What about the tendrils on his back?

~KL~
          yea, i took them out, along with the tail,
          i thought it made him look to cartoony, also, what is the point of having the tendrils on his back, except for looks? xD
          thx for commenting!

Comment

I think what MasonACBB meant by gray was in regard to the black portion of the costume. I think that part of the costume would look better not as a solid black.
            MEH

Comment

I like since EVS people have made it solid black. Then again I'm a lazy artist....

Wraith, I LOVED the original look with tendrils and a tail. That's the version I'm making your Red Lantern micro!

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by Gray Lantern View Post
                I think what MasonACBB meant by gray was in regard to the black portion of the costume. I think that part of the costume would look better not as a solid black.
                oh, well, i was going for that rebirth look, where they used solid black, i always loved the way it looked, but ok thx, ill play around with it later ^_^
                Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                I like since EVS people have made it solid black. Then again I'm a lazy artist....

Wraith, I LOVED the original look with tendrils and a tail. That's the version I'm making your Red Lantern micro!

~KL~
                EVS?
                like i said, i was doing the whole rebirth thing, but yea, im a lazy artist to xD

the micro will look cool with the tendrils and tail, i just hated drawing them, and they always got in the way, trying to make them fit on the page and all lol
                i did update the costume though, its got minor differences to the regular BL costume, i like it better ^_^

i drew a red lantern sketch of wraith, maybe ill finish it, he became a red lantern after his alien partner died at the hands of a yellow lantern,
                which is while ull see a lot of pics soon of him vs sinestro corps members

Comment

Awesome work once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Shingo Wol View Post
                    Awesome work once again.
                    thx! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by BL-Wraith View Post
                      thx! ^_^

um, what do u mean by depth? xD
                      shiny areas yes, but grays? :/
                      I couldnt think of the word when I was typing that message up, but I meant higlights/lowlights corresponding to the light source's location and intensity.
                      Wow, I didn't even mean to sound that technical, damn...

Comment

Originally posted by MasonACBB View Post
                        I couldnt think of the word when I was typing that message up, but I meant higlights/lowlights corresponding to the light source's location and intensity.
                        Wow, I didn't even mean to sound that technical, damn...
                        lolz, ok
                        yea, i didnt want to make the aura a light source....because then everything would be extremely bright xD
                        so i just made it the ring,
                        but yea, im outta practice, trying to get the hang of it again ^_^

Comment

Working...
                        X