The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default What did you do last night?

Live and in person.

Suck it bitches.













Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default

Too jealous to say anything?
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

same shit i always do sit around and watch reruns of old tv series
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
Too jealous to say anything?
I'd be jealous if I had any interest at all in hockey, I suppose.

But I'm happy for YOU.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'd be jealous if I had any interest at all in hockey, I suppose.

But I'm happy for YOU.
THANKS!
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
Maverick_GL
Moderator
 
Maverick_GL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Biot, Sector 3601
Posts: 15,609
Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL
Default :Moderator:

I'm glad the Kings won, because it makes Vancouver look slightly less pathetic.

Kudos to you Doc, I remember when you lost to me last year in a Kings Vs. Canucks bet, and the Canucks fucked up and lost in the final game. I'm glad you got the victory this year.
__________________
Winner: Reality TV draft 2014


"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #7
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern
 
Sylent_Asassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern California Valley
Posts: 16,419
Blog Entries: 35
Default

I was looking forward to a typical LA championship riot, with miscreants flipping over cars, knocking down street lights and setting businesses on fire, but it never happened.
__________________
Sylent_Asassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #8
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,232
Default

Quote:
What did you do last night?
< link here

the same thing i do every night................... play with myself
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #9
Darth_Andrea
Owned by Natu
 
Darth_Andrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tied Upside Down In A Rubber Room
Posts: 4,743
Send a message via MSN to Darth_Andrea
Default

While you were watching Mountain Men hit a rock around on Ice in Skates. I ...

1) Spent the day playing with my kids
2) Got laid 3 times by my hot live in real life anime girl
3) Made a Animated Gif for The Kid Lantern
4) Beat Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal for the 50th time
5) Watched Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure
6) Made a killer Ice Cream sundae with Sprinkles then ate it!
7) Oh Yeah didn't watch Mountain Men on Skates hitting a rock on some ice puddle.


I Win!




Darth_Andrea
__________________
Darth_Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #10
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern
 
Sylent_Asassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern California Valley
Posts: 16,419
Blog Entries: 35
Default

^Pics or it never happened.
__________________
Sylent_Asassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #11
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
^Pics or it never happened.
You KNOW that, if she posts ANY pics, it will be of the ice cream sundae, right?
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #12
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern
 
Sylent_Asassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern California Valley
Posts: 16,419
Blog Entries: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
You KNOW that, if she posts ANY pics, it will be of the ice cream sundae, right?
Yeah, I know... I gotta try. Hell, she said she got laid 3 times. Maybe after those sessions, she's feeling frisky enough to post some hot, chick on chick action.
__________________
Sylent_Asassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #13
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
Yeah, I know... I gotta try. Hell, she said she got laid 3 times. Maybe after those sessions, she's feeling frisky enough to post some hot, chick on chick action.
lol i think we can all dream about that sylent
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #14
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,773
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

See...now because of this thread, win the Mavericks, Red Sox, Ducks or Giants win again, I'm going to close all threads for 2 weeks EXCEPT a thread where you can post amazing pictures of my teams celebrating.
__________________
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #15
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
I was looking forward to a typical LA championship riot, with miscreants flipping over cars, knocking down street lights and setting businesses on fire, but it never happened.
We were all too busy watching the ceremony on the ice and crying and hugging each other... which brings me to my next point....

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
See...now because of this thread, win the Mavericks, Red Sox, Ducks or Giants win again, I'm going to close all threads for 2 weeks EXCEPT a thread where you can post amazing pictures of my teams celebrating.
You ever cry when one of those teams wins?
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #16
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
While you were watching Mountain Men hit a rock around on Ice in Skates. I ...

1) Spent the day playing with my kids
2) Got laid 3 times by my hot live in real life anime girl
3) Made a Animated Gif for The Kid Lantern
4) Beat Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal for the 50th time
5) Watched Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure
6) Made a killer Ice Cream sundae with Sprinkles then ate it!
7) Oh Yeah didn't watch Mountain Men on Skates hitting a rock on some ice puddle.


I Win!
I stood next to my father and 18,000 other people and cried tears of joy built up over 20+ years of going to games together and hoping for this moment. I wept openly and freely and got to see my childhood hero do the same.

It's not a competition...... but even if it was.... I wouldn't trade that night for many things in this world. I'll always be able to eat ice cream, or watch Bill & Ted, or get laid, or play video games, or make snarky short sighted overly simplistic comments online about sporting events.......

but I'll RARELY get to celebrate something I love with 18,000 people.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #17
Kuhan
Moderator
 
Kuhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: A town called Bel-Air
Posts: 7,743
Blog Entries: 3
Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
You ever cry when one of those teams wins?
I cried when the Red Sox won in '04.




Mostly because they beat the Cardinals, but I'm sure other people cried for other reasons.
__________________
[center]

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #18
Kuhan
Moderator
 
Kuhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: A town called Bel-Air
Posts: 7,743
Blog Entries: 3
Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
While you were watching Mountain Men hit a rock around on Ice in Skates. I ...

1) Spent the day playing with my kids
2) Got laid 3 times by my hot live in real life anime girl
3) Made a Animated Gif for The Kid Lantern
4) Beat Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal for the 50th time
5) Watched Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure
6) Made a killer Ice Cream sundae with Sprinkles then ate it!
7) Oh Yeah didn't watch Mountain Men on Skates hitting a rock on some ice puddle.


I Win!




Darth_Andrea
I would definitely say you lost.
__________________
[center]

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #19
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,773
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
You ever cry when one of those teams wins?
Of course!
__________________
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #20
Kuhan
Moderator
 
Kuhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: A town called Bel-Air
Posts: 7,743
Blog Entries: 3
Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan
Default

That's not a fair question. West cries every time his pizza is delivered with the right toppings.
__________________
[center]

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #21
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern
 
Sylent_Asassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern California Valley
Posts: 16,419
Blog Entries: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
I stood next to my father and 18,000 other people and cried tears of joy built up over 20+ years of going to games together and hoping for this moment. I wept openly and freely and got to see my childhood hero do the same.

It's not a competition...... but even if it was.... I wouldn't trade that night for many things in this world. I'll always be able to eat ice cream, or watch Bill & Ted, or get laid, or play video games, or make snarky short sighted overly simplistic comments online about sporting events.......

but I'll RARELY get to celebrate something I love with 18,000 people.
I almost cried when the Giants won the World Series in 2010. It's my favorite baseball moment; seeing Wilson screaming and doing his ritual gesture with Buster Posey raising both hands running out towards the mound. It's also why I haven't changed my signature in 2 years. It's hard to top that. I even played hookey from work to attend the Giants parade in downtown San Francisco.
__________________
Sylent_Asassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #22
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 27,183
Blog Entries: 2
Default

I don't cry easily (since 1995 I can count the number of times I've cried on one hand and I'd have fingers to spare), but I've never really understood happy tears. The only times I've ever cried were related to uncontrollable grief. I just don't feel a connection to joy and crying.
__________________
The problem in our country isn't with books being banned, but with people no longer reading.
You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.
―Ray Bradbury
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #23
Razorgod
Anti-Monitor
 
Razorgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: East Texas
Posts: 4,581
Send a message via Yahoo to Razorgod Send a message via Skype™ to Razorgod
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
The only times I've ever cried were related to uncontrollable grief. I just don't feel a connection to joy and crying.
Not just joy, but overwhelming joy. I've never felt that way for a sports team, though. My kids on the other hand....they've done some really awesome things that have left me with some serious amazement, pride and an overwhelming since of happiness...there's no better feeling then sharing int he triumph of one of your kids.
__________________
Now you'd never call Erwin a "Wussy"
Nor label his working day "cushy"
But you might have to question
His endless obsession
With superpositional pussy.
Razorgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #24
Kuhan
Moderator
 
Kuhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: A town called Bel-Air
Posts: 7,743
Blog Entries: 3
Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
I almost cried when the Giants won the World Series in 2010. It's my favorite baseball moment; seeing Wilson screaming and doing his ritual gesture with Buster Posey raising both hands running out towards the mound. It's also why I haven't changed my signature in 2 years. It's hard to top that. I even played hookey from work to attend the Giants parade in downtown San Francisco.
I usually don't notice signature content, but you know who's the champ right now?


The Cardinals.

Fuck yeah.
__________________
[center]

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #25
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern
 
Sylent_Asassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern California Valley
Posts: 16,419
Blog Entries: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorgod View Post
Not just joy, but overwhelming joy. I've never felt that way for a sports team, though. My kids on the other hand....they've done some really awesome things that have left me with some serious amazement, pride and an overwhelming since of happiness...there's no better feeling then sharing int he triumph of one of your kids.
A few of my friends break down just from the mere discussion of their children's birth.

The last time I actually cried was my wedding day. I didn't expect my family to show up, but seeing them all there in the same place at the same time in addition to everyone showing up that I invited made me break down a bit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhan View Post
I usually don't notice signature content, but you know who's the champ right now?
Yeah. Nobody. The season is still young.

Freaking Zito. He follows up Cain's perfect game with the UNperfect game. He walked 3 straight batters in route to giving up a grand freaking slam!
__________________
Sylent_Asassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.