No announcement yet.

Hal joins the Green Lanterns cast in September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure Jurgens knows EXACTLY how many issues he will be writing GLs for. No way DC didn't fill him in on their plans and the bigger picture.

They could have always called in Joey Cavalieri to write it. He has been used as a "closer" a couple of times over the years.

Comment

Wasn't he a Superman editor in the 90's?

Ωmega Man
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Ωmega Man; 07-14-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Yeah. Been writing and editing since the early 80s. I remember they brought him out of the mothballs to write the last few issues of Wally's series. AND...fun fact, he wrote the last story of GL volume 2, namely #224. Like the grim reaper of the comic rack!

Comment

Looks like Morrison's title will star Hal, and Hal alone. Have to wonder what that means for Guy, Kyle, and John. Is "Green Lanterns" going to go away and be replaced? Will it continue, but become more of a Corps book, and less of a Baz and Cruz focus? I don't expect them to ditch Baz and Cruz, but I'd be kind of surprised if they leave us with Hal, Baz and Cruz, with no venue for the rest of the Corps.

Comment

I am thinking its one of 2 scenarios. Either GLs just ends and we don't see the other human GLs for a while, or they keep the title going but rework it into an Earth based title with a hundred human GLs.

I'd rather not see John and Guy go into the mothballs, but maybe a break of a year-ish would be ok while the main title asserts itself.

Comment

I think "Green Lanterns" continues because Geoff Johns, while Morrison's "The Green Lantern" takes root. If it's a success, after a year or so they'll triumphantly reintroduce "The Green Lantern Corps"... with only panels afforded to Kyle so I'll be unhappy no matter which way you cut it.

Comment

Working...
              X