Hal's gray temples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal's gray temples

If I had been put in charge of the reboot, Hal's gray temples were about the only thing done to him between 1972 and 2004 that I'd have kept.

What did you guys think about them?
    Liked them
    50.50%
    Disliked them
    31.68%
    No opinion
    17.82%

I didn't like how Superman, Batman, and Wonderwoman got a reboot while Hal became older. It made no sense to me.

Comment

I guess I always figured that Bruce and Clark were around 36, Diana was ageless, and Hall was 38-42, so it made sense to me.

Comment

hated them, they were one of the reasons i could never get into GL before Kyle, Hal just looked too old to be a hero (in my eyes anyway)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

He looked old, but I did like them. They went well with his Lax costume made him look smart, ect. But I still think if he looked younger with a browner tone he could pull it off again

Comment

I dont liked them.. and he dont need them now.
            I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

Dont like them with his GL run, but with Parallax I thought they came off well

Comment

I liked 'em for the time.
                It was clear that the silver age guys were showing their age somewhat. Hal was greying at the temples Ollie was just hitting his 50's all the Titans were hitting their twenties so It made sense that the Silver agers would look like they were in their late forties and such as "The Next Generation" started to take over.
                Now that the Retro-heads are taking over Everyone gets de-aged (Iris Allen Was in her 60's as Bart's grandma and suddenly with Barry's return she's 30-35 again?!?)
                Well, with all that it's just as well Hal lost the grey "burns"
                Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

i didnt mind the temples and they did make parallax look awesome....but its like when he has them i want him young again and when he doesnt have them i want them again......i just hope that if i ever go grey i get those temples like hal had

Comment

I remember they said that his grey temples were a result of Parallax, but didn't they give him the grey temples BEFORE Coast City got destroyed?

Comment

In a GL suit... Bad. Too old looking and too... old.
                      Parallax, w/ cape=
                      If he still had the same face, not oldish, and they were grey-brown I'd say okay.

Comment

Loved them... no specific reason as to why. just thought it was a great change in style for the character.
                        "Don't disturb my circles."

Comment

Hated it.

Team Cyclops !!! ...Screw Wolverine.

Comment

Batman can go through three Robins... but Green Lantern can't get a little bit older?

Comment

I thought Hal's grey going away was done in a totally cool way, especialy because it was a reboot and fit into the Rebirth storyline very well. Fear induced in him by Parallax caused him to stress out, worry, and grey prematurely. The Grey was a subtle sign that something was attacking him (Parallax) from within. I know in my life I went through some very stressful periods filled with anxiety and fear and I did get more grey hairs. But after a period of time I went back to normal living and they went away. This really happened for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X