GL Vol 3 #1 - Wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GL Vol 3 #1 - Wow

Just read this last night, along with #2. I am really impressed.

Here I was, thinking Vol #3 was gonna suck. Not sure why I thought that. Just recently read through a good chunk of Vol #2 and assumed Vol #3 was going to follow straightforward and routine by-the-numbers superhero formula. But it doesn't, at least not so far. GL history continues to impress.

For a first issue it takes a lot of chances with the writing. We get some nice comedy when Hal stumbles into the JLA HQ. Not even a villain! I really liked this period when Guy Gardner was *truly* obnoxious and hateable.

Sounds good! Where can I find any paperbacks/graphic novels of this?
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Green Lantern: The Road back collects 1-8 and is a favorite around here.

Here's the link for Amazon UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Green Lantern: The Road back collects 1-8 and is a favorite around here.

Here's the link for Amazon UK.
        Ok, thanks!
        Originally posted by IonFan
        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
        Originally posted by Quaker
        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

I almost bought the entire GL Volume 3 on Ebay. But I ended up grabbing a bunch of key issues, mostly from 1-80, to collect the Hal-into-Parallax transformation, off mycomicsshop.com, because it was a lot cheaper. It bugs me to not have every issue, but at least I still have something to collect at conventions!

Comment

Don't'cha just looooove a good cliffhanger?

Several of the books between #1 and #50 are in my "top ten faves" for Jordan appearances. I really like the Flicker interview issue. I really like the Super Bowl issue. Of course I really like #25; the baseball game is priceless. Seems like two-bit jobber in a private air service may have been Hal's favorite career too. Anything having to do with general aviation catches my fancy.

Be careful in buying GL:The Road Back. Many copies of the trade paperback had a color separation misprint in the part reproducing issue #8. This trade is out of print at last report and the imperfect copies are the most likely to turn up used.

Check out NewKadia, too, for your titles. Good people there. $$ back guarantee.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Working...
            X